PTS Update - 4/25

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by ps_nicto, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ps_nicto Developer

Anti-Vehicle Grenade
    Now on Rocket Launcher Resist Type (was on Tank-Mine)
    Being on the Tank-Mine resist type was too strong and the Rocket Launcher damage profile looks like a cleaner fit for the anti-vehicle grenade.
    This will reduce the grenades-to-kill it is currently doing on PTS and also means the mine guard no longer mitigates anti-vehicle grenades.

C85 Canister
    CoF from 2 to 1.3 (Vanguard)
    CoF from 2.25 to 1.8 (Harasser)

Gatekeeper
    Gatekeeper should no longer appear to be stuck firing on remote clients.

Halberd
    Crosshair reverted to grenade ballistics crosshair.

Ikanam
    Art Update, Still a work in progress
  2. Demigan

It's a bloody long update, is that all the Ikanam art update or are there some background changes that we are going to have to find out for ourselves?

Just tried some stuff out:
    Canister has improved and has reached your 50m range effectiveness, although the TTK is all over the place. I would think that if the Canister was this effective at 80 to 100m it would be somewhat useful, but currently it isn't.

Hornets can kill with 4 hits to the back of a Lightning. And 4 hits+1 Rotary magazine from the rear of an MBT. In fact you can even turn it around now: 2 Rotary magazines+2 Hornet missiles kills an MBT. The Hornet seems to be a bit too powerful since the act of destroying an MBT in a single run was removed recently, and justly so.
    The Rotary also seems quite too powerful. It can kill Harassers almost in a single magazine and deals a lot of damage to vehicles.
  3. JobiWan

Nick, isn't it time you gave a different reward for helping test? Many of us already have the analyst helmet.
    • Up x 1
  4. BrbImAFK

Hey, hey.... what about those of us that don't have it and are looking forward to getting it tonight?
    • Up x 1
  5. JobiWan

Easy - give it to those that don't have it, give something else to those that do have it.
  6. Bifteckk

When does the buff of the NSX YUMI gonna run live? Is it gonna be like only a damage buff like in the PTS?
    A lot of medics are waiting for this update... The last assault rifle was TORQ9 for TR (1or2 years ago..)
  7. fulanckyce

Thank you so much for buffing ESFs man, ESF can finally stand a chance against armor on the ground. Also, can we please lower the damage tank shells do to aircraft as well? If this is a combined arms update then tank shouldn't be able to kill aircrafts effectively with its main cannon. I was killed 3 times in my ESF by a tank cannon during the play tests on Apr. 26. If you make the tank cannons too OP against air, no one's gonna buy the anti-air secondaries for their MBTs, and you will lose money. You sure don't want to lose money right? Please lower the damage tank shells do to aircrafts tank you.
  8. BrbImAFK

Getting killed ONCE by an MBT main cannon during a single playtest is just unlucky.... getting killed THREE TIMES!?! means you're just a bad. If a tank CAN put a 150mm shell through an ESF it deserves to get blown up!
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

canister is still absolutely awful, its slow, inaccurate and weak,
    its so bad that i'd rather use mjolnir for AI work.

if you don't want it to be effective at range then give it damage dropoff, it currently has every downside but with no benefit.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.