PTS Update 12-23-15

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by BBurness, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMaxdamage

nice changes on paper, waiting to see if the gk is made useless and TR falls back to AV impotence.

btw I'm a bit disappointed seeing still no leadership tools that encourages proper team play (remove passive cert gain bonus and set waypoints that gives increased exp). it's something that should have been in the game since alpha and we still don't have it after 3 years.
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

You don't have to worry about ranking up, it's one of the most meaningless numbers in this game with absolutely 0 impact on gameplay. It shows how long you've played the game, that's it, no other purpose.
    I couldn't care less if my BR is 50 or 150 as long as i keep all my certs.
    • Up x 4
  3. HadesR

But also those extra 20 Level add a " sense " of progression ... Granted it might be fake progression because as you say the level isn't tied to unlocks or anything but a sense of progression it is ..

So if their goal was to add that additional progression for people BR100 .. Then it would be pointless to make it retroactive ..

Personally as someone who is beyond the XP needed for 120 I think it's great that it isn't retroactive .. It's added another goal
    • Up x 1
  4. Pelainis117

All seems like amazing except ressist shield from 45% to 40% It should be changed to 35-30% or atleast heavy assaults should have -20% speed or only 2 medkits isntead of 4. Also I can't see any light assault buff? Why you guys forget about this class it has lowest defence stuff of all classes. Vanu light assaults with 30 ammo guns can't even kill heavy assault in one magazine if you're not hiting head. Add atleast 5 clips to magazine to fix this crap.
  5. Liewec123

not a fan of moving indar tower points outside, they're one of the very few bases that can actually be defended from a zerg.
    this game already seems to favour the attackers far too much!

also i'm sorry you caved to the drama-llamas and nerfed HA shields :(

care to back that up with some facts? because as far as i know the weakest weapons in the game will drop the CURRENT mesh shield heavy in around 15 bullets. the new version should be 10 bullets.
  6. VonStalin

7. VonStalin

Indar has improved quite a lot, can't wait to test it out live!
    • Up x 1
  8. Pelainis117

Well adrenaline shield nerfed well but ressist shield got buffed. Now all heavy assaults gonna spam ressist shield which will make them even more OP. Please change percentage from 45% to 35 or 30%. Even with that amount of damage decrease they will be OP becouse they have rocket launcher and same speed as all infantry which makes no sense. How heavy can have same speed as light assault or medic/ infil that makes 0 sense.
  9. Pelainis117

VonStalin I feel ya mate. Maybe one day they will balance heavy assaults. Becouse now they are overpowered way way way 2 much.
    • Up x 1
  10. DrBrainius

flash grenade detonades after 1.5s, emp on impact - so why no reduce of concussion too?
  11. minhalexus

The only reason they're adding 20 extra BR levels is so that BR100s have an extra mile to go. If they make it retroactive, current BR100s wouldnt have anything to look forward to. Besides BR doesnt really make a difference except for the first 15.
    • Up x 2
  12. Wargrim

Indar changes: Exiting to see progress here. Most sound good on paper.

Engagement radar on Skyguard: This is exactly the kind of buff it neeeds to avoid getting lib-rear-busted without warning all the time. Now you can react in time. Still wont win you 1 on 1 situations, but overall this will make Skyguard AA a MUCH more viable Air deterrant i think. Range of different radar levels will make or break this though.

Possible fix for not taking Explosives Damage by simply moving your vehicle: OMG! OMG! OMG! You can not imagine how many Pizzas and Tofu Blocks lost their lives in vain because of this age old super frustrating hit/damage detection failure bug! Auraxis will once again be littered by the burning carcasses of tanks who thought that hitting the gas was all that was needed!

BR cap 100 -> 120 change: Do not want. Amongst other things, 100 is a nice round number, and it is a cheap and lazy way to say "grind more!". If you absolutely have to do it, at the very least take into account previously aquired XP. I found it very insulting when directives got introduced and many ignored previous achievements of the player, and it would be super insulting to do the same again now just in an even bigger scale - we are talking about MONTH of playtime ignored here for some long term players! You are basically saying "Your previous loyalty to the game doesnt count ****. Go back and grind some more, filthy peasant!". This is discrespectful and the worst way to go about it. This time around, there is NO technical reason/excuse for it! We all know you are tracking Xp past BR 100. Not letting it count is an entirely, 100% deliberate decision to negate past player activity in the hope of creating a new grind motivation carrot.

Best to leave it at 100, and if you have to go 120, DO NOT IGNORE ACQUIRED XP!
  13. alphabravo1111

NO PLEASE DON'T NERF THE GATEKEEPER ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!! If a dev could please contact TheNewAlphaBravo on emerald I can go into more detail about why you shouldn't.
  14. Dualice

These changes all look brilliant.

Now we're looking at weapon attachments such as flash suppressors, perhaps we could take a wee look at the functionality of High Velocity Ammunition...? :D
    • Up x 2
  15. SnipeGrzywa

Lol what? This game in almost every base favors the defender.
  16. SnipeGrzywa

While I get where you are coming from, I have to ask, "Who cares?"

BR means jack ****. The only reason XP matters is because it directly equates to Certs. I have enough XP to be BR 200, but I couldn't care less. If there were unlocks per BR other then your rank decals, I might care. But alas, BR doesn't matter at all. It will be fun to have a bit of competition to see who can reach BR 120 first in my outfit, and it will be a fair race since all BR100 are starting even.

As far as not being an even number, again, who cares? Unless if you have OCD, it doesn't matter. Plus, this will open the door, where in 6-12 months they will raise the cap again. Eventually we will have BR 200s, your nice even number, until they go above that again.
  17. SnipeGrzywa

How about you test the GK and see how big of a "nerf" it is before complaining about the nerf?
    • Up x 1
  18. Scr1nRusher

UBGL's & Smoke launchers fit the BR since its a supportive ranged weapon.
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

Adrenaline shield isn't exactly in bad shape, it got buffed interms of usage/time for the most part.

I dunno why they decreased the max level, but maybe it has something to do with it bleeding less shields off then it used to?
  20. Goretzu

o_O Only if you're not only not hitting the head, but not hitting the body either. :confused:

It is a pretty big nerf for HAs, even for Resist Shield given the way % resistances work in PS2.

It's not going to fix the sheilds up/medikit spam script issue though.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.