PTS Update - 12/12

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by ps_nicto, Dec 12, 2017.

1. ps_nicto Developer

The PlanetSide 2 Public Test Server will come down this evening for an update.

Made modifications to vehicle stealth based on user feedback.

Vehicle Stealth (ESF/Liberator/Galaxy)
    For these vehicles, the Stealth defensive certification will reduce the range Engagement Radar can detect the vehicle by 100m/200m/300m/400m.

Vehicle Stealth (Valkyrie)
    For the Valkyrie specifically, the Stealth defensive certification will reduce the range Engagement Radar can detect the vehicle by 150m/250m/350m/450m.

Misc. Bug Fixes and Additions
    • NS-357 IA now properly tracks weapon medal progress.
    • Squad Beacons and Waypoints should both now relay a message and audio indicator when placed or updated.
    • Squad Waypoints are now only visible by squadmates and the platoon leader (opposed to all squads seeing all waypoints.)
  2. adamts01

This is a good change, but sneaking up and ganking was the single thing Reavers were good at. You guys really need to fix that ESF to make it competitive. I'd wager only 1% of Reaver pilots are good enough with these crappy controls to land enough hits for that slight dps advantage to compensate for that monster hit box. Giving it more base fuel, quicker fuel recharge, and faster accel/decel would keep it unique and help it compete against the mossy and scythe.
  3. Fenborg

Piggybacking off of your comment, would it kill you guys to work on better joystick control configurations? The analogue stick sensitivity is painfully non reactive. The sensitivity difference between pitch, roll and yaw prevent players from utilizing controllers or Flight sticks (such as Saiteks). An example: One could completely get rid of dead zone, maximize sensitivity for roll and pitch but the individual action speeds will still be different from each other. Your pitch will always be faster than your roll, making it impossible for players who struggle flying with keyboard/mouse controls to compete with seasoned veteran pilots or worse, sky knights. Reavers are flying bricks at this point, and from the looks and sounds of things the Daybreak dev team has no intentions of working on fine tuning flight controls for flexibility and accessibility for more players.

If I want to use my Saitek x52s, In order to get around your clunky joystick settings I have to go into my Saitek settings and manually adjust individual actions JUST to counter your awful sensitivity settings.

(Note: I play on PC, not PSN)
    • Up x 1
  4. adamts01

Joystick controls are horrendous. I thought the built in mouse acceleration must have been put in place to let joysticks be competitive, but nope, I've never played a worse game regarding flight controls on a joystick. Aside from the sensitivity differences between pitch/yaw/roll, there's no way to move slowly enough for aiming if you want maximum maneuvering rate. It's just awful. I disagree with your Reaver comment however. They look like bricks and are as easy to hit as a barn, but they can really move with afterburner, and they seem to turn as well as anything else, even better when considering their boost speed in a reverse maneuver.
  5. Who Garou

I don't know about the Saitek interface, but Logitech gear you can go in and manually adjust the sensitivity to the level that you like it.
  6. BoatsFriends

Do you have GamepadSmoothing=0 (off) in your ini?
    if its on (1) try 0