PTS Update 10-19-15

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by BBurness, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMDante

Some are nerfs, some are buffs. As a general rule you want lower values for accuracy, recoil, and reload speed. But higher values for velocity, magazine sizes and damage drop-off range.
  2. Vectore

NOOOOO.... VS LMG ADS SPEED 0.5 NOW? T_T
  3. Scr1nRusher

This comment strikes me as someone whos never looked at VS's whole LMG arsenal before.
    • Up x 2
  4. Vectore

Im mean the Orion and the Betlejuice. My favourite guns XD
  5. Scr1nRusher

Do you have PTS?
  6. Lethe5683

Is the Orion going to get soft point ammo and advanced laser sight now? Also, shouldn't the Rhino get SPA instead of HVA like the EM1 and Polaris?
  7. Pat22

Can we get similar changes to the VX6-7 by any chance? Both weapons share a very similar recoil.
  8. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I still like the LMG changes, though I still think that 0.75 ADS is more useful than low bloom with a weapon sporting so much shake you won't notice the bloom in the first place.
    I definitely applaud giving the Pulsar a niche.
  9. pnkdth

LMGs changes + VP system. I like. While not the perfect solution, it is still a significant improvement. The fact they are most definitely working on the ANT and deployable turrets makes me optimistic for the future.
  10. LordAnnihilator

Humour someone who has no clue what some of these numbers mean.
    "Standing hipfire to 2.75, from 3
    Moving hipfire to 3.5, from 3.75"
    What do these numbers, and "horizontal tolerance", actually mean? What has resulted from the change in these statistics? Is MSW-R not as viable anymore? I don't know...
  11. Neo3602

for any stat that is not muzzle velocity, damage, rate of fire, mag size, max damage drop off start, minimum damage range, and COF reset speed the lower the number the better.

In short the after these changes the MSW-R will have tighter standing and moving hipfire.
  12. LordAnnihilator

Ah thanks. On further research those numbers were for COF, it just said Hipfire there. Could've been hipfire speed, hipfire accuracy, anything really (I know it was obvious, shut up.) still getting the MSW-R when I decide to get a new weapon.
    WTF is tolerance though? Horizontal, vertical, makes no sense to me,
  13. prodavit

What happen to Warp-gate assault? Also, 200 certs if you lock a continent? I dont think you need to fix that bug.
  14. Mianera

Hello, just a random player here from Miller to give my feedback.

I play all 3 factions, 2 of which are BR100 and I do not play on PTS.

Mark my words... I REALLY..... DON'T.... CARE ABOUT .... VICTORY POINTS..... ANTS ..... COCKROACHES or WHATNOT! I care about killing other players, having fun with my friends and earning certs.

I don't care about alerts and never have. They are usually a cluster frak of players, good fights ruined by galaxy's and elitists.
    Let me tell you why I personally don't care about alerts.

Simply put, it's because I have no reason to. Because there is no benefit to winning a alert which influences my gameplay in any way what so ever. I am a subscriber, I never run out of nanites anyway. I do play the airgame, I'm a dedicated sundy driver and occasionally I go wreck stuff up in my MBT.

You see, right now the best way to get certs is by killing vehicles at a steady rate, or players if you are good or simply reviving people. I usually stay away from alerts and stick to the smaller fights on another continent where a nice 20 vs 20 fight can be found.

Spare me your "go play this/that game with that attitude" comments and just listen to my feedback. The reason I don't care about alerts or none of my friends do is because there is no reward. I'm sure there are outfits on various channels that brag to each other when they help cap a continent, good for them, we all need to boost our self-esteem if we ain't got one IRL.

But honestly, if you want as many as possible to participate in alerts you need to raise the reward. Winning a alert grants 500 certs fx. That would make me want to go revive people for 2 hours in a 96+ 3 faction fight. Otherwise? Couldn't care less. I'll look for my preferred farmspots as usual.

Because like every MMO this game is about the grind. But in for example MMO RPG's, if there's an event, and one side wins it, they are typically rewarded with loot or some sort of currency. Here.... we get... nothing!

Again, this is from a subscribers point of view. It might be that F2P players have a different experience and are forced to pull a flash more often. Don't know, don't care, been a subscriber for nearly 2 years, always had plenty of resources/nanites to pull what I wanted, when I wanted.

Lastly, having my name or outfit name/tag/icon put on a continent for doing stuff there isn't a reward. It's a momentary achievement that is forgotten is less than 6 hours. . . BY EVERYONE. So pretty please... with sugar on top. Give us a bunch of certs or a little DBC for winning a alert.

Or alternatively, close down every whining thread on the forums and reddit about people not participating in alerts. We all play the game to our personal aspect of fun.

Oh and... nice to see some LMG nerfs. Though personally I think it would'ave been more fair to keep the LMG's the way the are and just nerfed the HA shield... oh well.

Laters.
  15. RainbowDash9

give 420 certs to everyone who caps a continent o.o
  16. Sageas

I really hope you guys read this, and if you do, please consider, I want PS2 to be as fun and balanced as you guys are aiming it to be! (Just read the underlined text for the basics of what I'm proposing).

I understand the need to balance the extremely popular weapons that use 0.75 ads movement, but taking it away, to me (a person who uses LMGs all the time) just feels wrong (and mean ;-;). What I think needs to be done is to give 0.75 to one LMG per empire, which gives players a choice of 2 LMGs with 0.75 ads (their empire's and the NS 15M). The empire specific LMGs with 0.75 ads movement would be the ones that have a focus on close quarters combat, with smaller magazines/belts/batteries and a fast reload speed. Only these LMGs (and the NS-15M) would have the famed 0.75 ads movement.

This would be the Orion for VS, either the Anchor or the GD-22S for NC, and the Bull or MSW-R for the TR. I have a very good understanding of VS LMGs but only a basic understanding for the NC and TR LMGs, so let my ignorance be known.

These changes would leave a very important question unanswered: "what about the Auraxium LMGs???" And to be honest, that's a very good question! As a player who absolutely loves 0.75 ads movement, I can personally say that I would NOT have unlocked the Betelgeuse if it didn't have the 0.75 ads movement speed!

Keeping the 0.75 ads speed on the Betelgeuse and leaving the Butcher and Godsaw with 0.5 ads (I assume they have 0.5, I don't know) movement would leave a lot of people enraged by the fact that VS always get the "better" weapon. SO, here's what I propose to fix everything if the changes I propose were to be implemented:

All the Auraxium LMGs would have a unique ADS movement speed of 0.625, the halfway point between 0.5 and 0.75! This would leave enough speed for players to strafe like the way I love to do, whilst also not making it too powerful on the NC and TR weapons that weren't meant to have it on their original varient!

I really hope you guys read this, and if you do, please consider, I want PS2 to be as fun and balanced as you guys are aiming it to be!
  17. Sageas

P.S. I think the VP system is a step in the right direction, players who aren't just playing to "kill other players" need more immersion, reason to capture facilities and a sense of being a part of a large scale war and team!
  18. Sageas

The auraxium reward LMGs are deliberately harder to hit enemies at range with the upside of less reloading/downtime, those who have earned the Butcher are probably much better at aiming than those who have not, and with balancing the Butcher and not making it a complete upgrade to the Carv in mind, the devs have not given it attachment options (same with the Betelgeuse)
  19. Sageas

20. Lethe5683

Horizontal tolerance is the maximum amount that a weapon can recoil in one direction before it is forced to start moving back in the other direction, basically a lower horizontal tolerance means less wandering. LMGs generally have bad horizontal tolerance, other than the Anchor, GD22s and MSWR.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.