PTS Update - 04/18

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demigan

I'm going to buy one, then set it up in the path of a Zerg. By the time they reach it I'll have maybe two shots worth of charge ready and waiting...
  2. TR5L4Y3R

that´s if you chose the braindead approach .. they already buffed glaives and nerfed skyshields in the PTS .. as well as adding what-they-called? tabs? to make ai turrets/modules more "vulnerable" i guess ..

also it has been said that tanks with HE/HESH are more effective for sieging than AP or HEAT so sieging with those might be not AS grindy ... it would be atleast good to have a additinal VRroom to test stuff against PMB´s ...
    biolabs will also be changed to be (hopefully ... because screw spawnroom standoffs ... uuugghhh) less grindy

overall i still chose grindy vehicle vs base interaction than none at all .. because there isn´t realy much you can do with current biolabs or techplants when the main battle happens inside the base
    • Up x 1
  3. TR5L4Y3R

good thing bout RLchanges atleast i still can oneshot nonflak infils with some of them :p ..
    but realy can we have thermo/threatdetection as a railoption for rifles? pretty pl0x? yes i am willing to forgo my extendedmag/laser/grip for that ..

or buff dakrlightrange ... or both ...
  4. Plant43

First post here. Hi Auraxians! Main tanker here.

I don't know how this will change vehicles in general since I haven't tried it on test server. When it goes live, I'll try it, If it's bad I'll just leave. Other games are also waiting in line. Can't play them because I have too much fun in this 4 yr old game.

Some thoughts I keep in mind:
    -Dalton SHOULD 1 shot ESFs. I can't fly at all, I tank most of the time, but if liberator spots me and I give him a reason to, I SHOULD be punished. One thing, you CAN'T swap seats between pilot and dalton gunner when you fly. If you want those rewarding kills, find yourself a buddy to be heart & soul and socialize a bit more.
    - Tanks SHOULD be devastating, And if you are spotted close by one, you SHOULD be punished. Don't run in open field, run from cover to cover, If you get damaged by projectile splash, you know last position of that tank, re-position. Don't be sitting duck behind cover. Otherwise, yes you SHOULD be punished.
    - AP shells should have splash damage.
    - Halberd is a rocket. How do you feel about receiving a rocket with explosive inside? Rockets don't bring teddy bears for cuddle inside. Rockets are destruction explosives on the fly.

- Projectile visuals of tanks are joke. Is this arcade game on arcade machine? Since when tank projectiles have tracers? If your vehicle gets damaged from a far distance that means you should get in cover and use your situational awareness before any other step. Search for attacker before you move. If you are just staying still or moving slowly, you SHOULD be punished. Same goes for leaving sunddies. If you want to protect them, start playing together, address one tank or infantry to constantly overwatch your spawn logistics. Otherwise your spawn option for infantry SHOULD be destroyed.

- New Vanguard shield visuals are joke. I don't want that tank should be even bulkier with shield saying I'm here shoot me. Also it is really distracting if you are in first person view. Try it. Have fun.
    - I'll stay away of commenting front-side hit on MBTs.

If you want to prevent spawn spamming from vehicles or air, give a rechargeable shield to bases. Every x time when it's fully charged, it can be powered on to protect whole outpost from incoming damage (radius of shield depends of outpost scale). That way you will have your infantry based fights for x time when there's point-hold faction and faction which is pushing to defend their outpost. It will be "combined" forces to take or defend the base. Push by factions will be more organized since everybody should push at that time and point holders need to be prepared. If you miss your push window, better luck next time.
    Oh, and if you find yourself with air or vehicle inside of shield, you know how saying goes already, you SHOULD be punished for doing that.

OSU should be able to hit anything with devastating force. If you don't like it. Go there and destroy it.
  5. Plant43

Also since edit button doesn't work for me. I'll reply with another post. Why are you forcing us to re-learn trajectories when you change speed of projectile? It's not a compensation if you are changing projectile damages outputs just so you can differentiate little bit between projectile types.
  6. Spkr4theDead

So basically, this is getting the CCP re: Dust 514 treatment.

Infantry opinions carry as much weight as a neutron star whereas pilot opinions carry as much weight as Sputnik.

Things like this lead to vehicle players being angry with the devs, resentful, and eventually leading to mainly vehicle players leaving. There's nothing good in this.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kashuken

So planetside 2 becomes Massive COD infantry game.

I do not mind if vehicle TTK becomes longer between pilots but if it becomes shorter for infantry then what is the ******* point?

I already have to deal with infantry AV weapons which follow me around ******* corners and cover and do more damage than a vehicle AV turret does, this is also not including flying **** who drop C4 like a hobo drops a **** down your chimney.

The changes between health/dmg resistance and armor is pointless, i mean 25 resistances from 50? should not even be 25 to begin with, just do shield/armor/lazer and projectile restances, bam 4 of them and i solved all your pointless ****.

Health is meh, you just gave the Vanguard more health complete with the I Win Shield which no longer goes down if you overwhelm it, i bet it could survive an orbital with that on and it lasts even longer now.

All armor is the same, pointless, faction traits are ****, big whoop i can climb a mountain in the magrider it gets ****** even easier now.

You nerfed all vehicle weapons, it now takes several hits to kill infantry, i mean a ******* shell fired at a meat bag at what 850m/s and it survives? it should ******* rip it apart, i mean what is the point anymore, infantry are ******* immune now and will just jump around in front of you while spalsh does nothing and they **** you.

Simply put if it goes live then what is the point in playing this game? i might aswell go to WOT and deal with arty and gold ammo, at least they have to aim.

Who the **** is this wrel gaylord? why do you listen to some youtube ****** who has no ******* clue about balancing anything other than a dick in his mouth.

Every ******* game which has vehicles in it always goes a nerfs vehicles, BF3 multiple times, DUST 514 which was abortion and now planetside because infantry has to rule, if any game actually represent war in some way vehicles would **** bombs and glass everything and nothing would live.

Every ******* time.
    • Up x 2
  8. LordKrelas

You just can't one-shot the rare flak armor solider, with your main cannon...
    You have a gunner.

25 resistances.
    You have MBT, Lightnings, Harassers, light aircraft, and heavy aircraft.
    Do you want your MBT to have the same armor value as a Harasser or ESF? No? Then you need more than 4.

"I-win shield" was 6 seconds of extra health.
    It is now a longer duration with damage reduction to specific directions.... IE it simply reduces damage slightly not preventing it.
    Rather than overwhelm the 6 seconds of extra health deactivating the shield, you destroy the tank with barely any delay.

Not like vehicles lack anti-personal weaponry, but yes they did sorta remove the power of tanks bit too much with cannons.
    - IE, really should one-shot with AP, but eh maybe they'll change it later.
    Magrider can just ram infantry down easy anyway.

How exactly is infantry immune?
    Unless you only have crap aim, can't move your vehicle, and can't manage to fire anywhere near them will you have issues.
    If you can't fire the cannon properly, use the Gunner's weapon if they are absent, or run the idiot down.
    Like it's an heavy or LA, a tank takes enough hits to easily kill the idiot infantry.
    If they are in a position preventing that being easy, move the tank?

If vehicles were the end all solution, you'd have infantry only underground or inside, with no reason to ever leave.
  9. Spkr4theDead

There's some of us that only use vehicles with enough certs into engineer to keep them going. If half my play style is getting nerfed into the ground, what incentive do I have to stick around?
    • Up x 1
  10. Kashuken

MAIN CANNON CANNOT KILL INFANTRY - This is a problem, i use a ******* AP turret and it cannot kill a meatbag.

Changing armor values is not hard, this is just lazyness

6 is now 8 seconds of invicibility, directions is BS you need rear hits to do anything

I have more success killing my own team at 5mph than the enemy at 50mph

Infantry now survive against all vehicle turrets, require several hits with all turrets, splash is pointless, direct hits are pointless, infantry could kill the tank by the time i cause enough damage because i get punished for direct hits now.

Infantry already have a bunch of areas to hide in let alone enough AV weapons which can avoid cover, bend around corners, go over stuff and always hit, i noticed you never mentioned any of that.

Typical infantry players, it is always about you, well enjoy another dead game that you helped to ruin, hopefully i can find another one before you ******* come in a ruin it, just stick to cod ffs.
  11. LordKrelas

And some only use aircraft, and some infantry - If only one side is viable to be used in all situations without issue, then there is an issue.

It's an armor-piercing shell; You know the main issue with a rail-gun? Over penetration.
    The majority of the energy of the projectile is wasted, as the projectile literally pierces the target and keeps going, leaving a hole only the size of the projectile rather than transferring the massive amount of kinetic energy in said projectile.

Against hard-targets, this rarely happens, against lighter armor, this is the result.

Invulnerability? You high?
    The slowest tank, with the slowest reload, and 2nd to the prowler in damage, had all of 6 seconds of increased health.
    That is a small position of health that lasted 6 seconds, and could be eliminated long before 6 seconds.
    That isn't invulnerability, that's 6 seconds of extra time if that.
    Now it is damage resistance... and if you weren't aware, the Vanguard already had the best resistance value - and it did **** for it.

Rear hits now Amplify damage. Before, they simply lacked some of the armor value.
    Now rear hits on the slowest tank are brutal as sin.

Are you unaware of how many spots, bases, and simply places in-between even buildings that tanks can fire into?
    Nearly every spawn has a massive open space between it & cover, same with most point rooms, massive open space.
    This is abused by intelligent aircraft commonly, and by Prowlers on cliffs.
    And for the bases with open-air points, or any bridge, field or similar, Cover is absent for infantry - let alone where any vehicle is.

All infantry anti-armor is low velocity, beyond the Anti-material rifle used by Engineers for anti-max duty, and C-4.
    Of these, there is the standard low velocity rocket-launchers with incredible drop that is less than vehicle ranges.
    And the shorter-ranged Rocklet Rifle for LA's.

Of vehicle anti-infantry, there is a dozen weapons that can end their existence rapidly.
    Sure they aren't the one-shot one kill of AV weapons, (which was comically more effective at AI & AV rendering AI near useless 80% of the time), but they can kill infantry easily, with lots of ammunition, fast reloads, and faster velocity.
    Infantry can not end a tank before dying to direct hits... It takes, like 4-6 rockets to kill a tank.
    2 shots, are certainly easier, with the main cannon alone, not to mention the tank can repair, have a gunner, and move.

Irony.
    I myself stated that they debuffed the cannons a bit, but You can't apparently handle your tank's AV not being superior AI...
    And apparently you manage to die if you can't one-shot an infantry man... Like do you not know how to work a tank?
  12. Kashuken

Overpen on infantry? are you ******* high? that is stupid.

Vanguard is strong, strong weapons, invul shield for 8seconds now

rear hits on something that will be face on, good one

You mean that only the magrider can shoot into? if vehicles get close enough to spawn camp then it is there own fault, they already have OP AV infantry weapons and vehicles of there own but now no need for vehicles just an RPG and lock on and watch the rockets curver around cover everytime.

2 shots against a meatbag, i want a sniper rifle as my main vehicle turret because that can OHK infantry but yet a ******* shell cannot.

AV turret doing mass amount of damage to a meatbag should kill it, any main vehicle canno should OHK all infantry no matter what.

Do you not know how to work a vehicle? course not you want these nerfs because you are bad, killed too many times by a vehicle user who can aim when you already have enough OP AV to do the job yet you cannot.

Go play cod
  13. LordKrelas

If you fire a bullet through Jello, it makes a small hole.
    If you fire it into a harder substance, it meets resistance and makes a bigger hole.
    It's a tank shell designed to rupture armor, Flesh is incredibly fragile and infantry body armor is fabric to that.

It's not invulnerable. Use one, and you'll understand.
    The resistance shield it is now, is even less useful, given that resistance does.

Well there is something called Flanking, Magriders know of this magic.
    Prowlers will have to learn apparently.

You've never seen a proper spawn camp with tanks have you? It's not a Vanu-only thing, Even NC does it.
    When was infantry AV OP? Is it since it doesn't take a hundred rounds for a specialized rocket to damage a nanite flash-manufactured tank?
    Rockets do not curve around corners, they arc over walls and obstacles.

A sniper rifle only does that, with a head shot.
    I already said about that twice.

I didn't want the main cannon nerf, as per stated already. Dolt.
    I happily kill tanks since I know how to dodge properly - However, I know also from tanking and destroying tanks...
    That wait for it.... Infantry AV isn't OP, you have a short-ranged high drop rocket with a long reload, that needs multiple hits on a vehicle capable of repairing itself, and being repaired rapidly before the rocket even hits.

Go play WOT.
  14. Kashuken

Thinks overpen is fine on infantry when it would rip it in 2
    Thinks he can flank on a mass zerg against a tech plant
    Thinks shield is useless
    Thinks it is perfectly fine that a lock on weapon can fire rounds that avoid perfect cover
    Thinks its fine that a sniper rifle can OHK but a tank round cannot
    Thinks he needs to dodge when he can take a direct tank shot from the main cannon and it will not kill him while he mostly likely flys and uses C4 which takes zero skill

I want to play a game which has all parts of warfare and not dumb it down like you because 'vehicles are too hard boo hoo' when they are already flimsy enough as it is.
  15. LordKrelas

Depends on shell size, and I've stated the cannons should one hit kill.
    I explained how it could possibly not kill a small light target.

So it's either barren or a zerg.
    Flanking still works against a zerg, and exists beyond the tech plants... open world battle field...

The shield lasts 6 seconds, and is useless beyond a dual.
    The new resist version, can't even achieve that.

The lock-on weapons, require line of sight for the entire lock-on period, and require handling to provide some arc around objects which is limited; No cover is perfect.
    Do recall aircraft for a perfect example.

A sniper rifle aimed at the head firing rounds designed to kill the organic target, and rendered useless against tank armor.
    And again, I explained now thrice about tank shells should 1-hit kill.

Unless you are wearing flak armor, you can't take one, and that assumes its a body shot.
    In addition, assumes you mystically don't have a top gunner, don't run the infantry over, or are a Prowler whom shoots twice.
    Not mention, that infantry needs multiple shots on that tank, whom can exit the vehicle and kill them with their own gun if need be.

C-4, requires proximity of several meters, unless air-dropping where you have no cover.
    Let alone with proximity radars on vehicles.
    - Not to mention, a MBT has 2 people in it: The second with a dedicated AI weapon... and the option of exiting the tank.

If dumbing it down is this...
    What exactly is ensuring tanks fear no planned attacks from anything but tanks & sheer numbers of tanks?
    That takes out any intelligence out of the equations and use of tanks - All without using a Top Gunner.

Modern day infantry have anti-tank weaponry capable of gutting a tank in a single rocket, and can be killed by all manner of weapons.
    Aircraft can rupture tanks, entire buildings and underground bunkers with one missile, but are fragile, and destroyed by AA.
    Tanks can blast a building to rubble, but can be destroyed by infantry, aircraft and tanks.

Tanks are not gods in the modern age.
    And For the last time, I've said tanks should one-hit kill with their cannons.
    Dense idiots.
  16. DrostenVS

I'm going to take a guess that the 150 in the Vanguard's Titan-150 AP is referring to a 150mm shell. To give you an idea of how big it would be, this guy is holding a 120mm Sabot (AP) round, which is the size of the Prowler's shells: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Abrams-120mm-Sabot_zps23202615.jpg~original

If the AP rounds in this game work at all like those, I don't think you're surviving either of them if they hit you in the chest. That flat portion after the spike is going to obliterate your body.
  17. LordKrelas

-_- was not being that specific, just stating how possibly.
    - Not to mention, unless center of mass it wouldn't even cut them in half.
    And I have stated they should one-hit kill.

Like mother of hell.
  18. Kashuken

A 50cal round can rips a mans arm off so what do you think a 150mm shell can do?
    Open world battlefield rarely happens and ends up being around a chokepoint or some cover in which yes you may flank but do not expect to do much unless your entire zerg flanks with you but with aircraft spotting you all the time it does not matter.
    8seconds in which you need to attack from the back or you still do nothing
    Lock on weapons lock on basically instantly and fire rounds which go around cover making cover useless, my tank shells cannot bend around cover
    Sniper round is small and not high penetration thus does nothing to tank, tank shell is massive and build for high penetration would rip infantry in 2
    Flak armor stops a tank shell and is fine he says
    Top gunner now requires several direct hits even with the harlbard which is a ******* RPG and also reduced splash on most weapons
    I can tk at 5mph but enemy survives at 60mph, unreliable and could fall of bait trap where he is on mines because the EOD implant does not work
    Infantry can fly or just fire weapons from around corners and like im leaving my tank, if i have to leave my tank because the tank weapons are not strong enough to kill a meatbag then what is the point in using a tank?
    C4 is easy enough to do, i still see it being the most popular way to outright kill a vehicle even if it is a 2man MBT
    Tanks main enemy is a tank unless it is a liberator, secondary threat is AV infantry and more than one, not just 1 guy who can spam rockets which bend around corners and can just stop several vehicles and outright kill them because cover is pointless which frankly it is now and will become several times easier after this update.
    PS2 is not in the modern age, it is supposed to involve aircraft/infantry and ground vehicles not ******* delete one amd dumb the game down to COD levels.
    • Up x 1
  19. Spookerton

RIP ground vehicles. You had nuances and complexity and rules, and now you don't. We loved you, and now we won't.
    • Up x 1
  20. DIGGSAN0

Why are People still mad about the change...there are already 2 PTS Patches and the Devs **** PS2 up even more.... I mean i would considering posting on the newer PTS Threads...

And the worst part is that whinning here does change NOTHING AT ALL...

Maybe you people just should stop Talking and Start DOING something against bad changes...

Make a Youtube Channel and reach much more People since Wrel does more likely respond to that People...(People with influence)

Or go to DBG studio and suckerpunch Wrel himself...just DO something
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.