PTS Patch Notes - August 8, 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, Aug 8, 2013.

1. cc2001

Think the instant action/redeploy changes were unnecessary. Really wish SOE wouldn't change the key bindings since players are allowed to change it themselves.

In the long run this'll likely just make it more difficult to help new players. Even if it is one or two keys changed here and there eventually it'll be enough that when someone asks for help the response will have to be "I don't know check your key bindings" which seems more awkward than using home/delete for example.
  2. Zcuron

I would find the insert and home keys intuitive for instant action and redeploy.

"Indar Comm Array's displayed spawn location now matches the real one"
    "Realigned Indar Comm Array's displayed spawn location."
  3. Stew360

Sorry but nanoweave should be a Infiltrator Only suits slots , since with a level 5 nanoweave infiltrator become equal to other infantry Ttk wise

for all others classes especially the HA it should be REMOOVE for good . the ttk balance is delicate in this game and we dont need extra unworthy BS that come into the balance ...

HA shield also need to be tone down going from a 7/8 shot kills to a 15/16 shot kills is Overkill especially considering that the HA can use Shotguns and Smg and Assault riffle like 50 shot magazine LMG as well as 75 to 200 shot lmg ;)
  4. Nate

I won't have to explain to people I pickup repeatedly that, "No, that gun has more than 1000 rounds." Yay!
  5. latere

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. DistantPower

SOE's PR firm really need to get some sleep...

Anyway I though that's were how Claymores were supposed to work. So the lights were all for show then?
  7. latere

exactly. if they detonate from a rear detection they should do damage in that direction also.
  8. vanu123

No ZOE increases the damage that the MAX takes by 30% in effect buffing each weapon used against it I will more than happily give it to you and the TR if we get our jump jets back.. Also by that logic then Flak armor is OP against explosions.
  9. ZoldiK

Got some idea for balancing ZOE:when you strafe right and left SOE decrease acceleration ,but do nothing with acceleration froward and backward,in that case do the same with forward/backward movement,ZOE still have got big speed,but they need time to gain that speed
  10. MANBURGERS

I use Flak armor on my Engie almost exclusively, and am using it more on other classes now since the buff to proxy mines made them that much more effective against Nanoweave

the new cert line for ammunition belt is cheap enough (only 111 certs for 3 extra mags goes a long way) for me to use it quite often for my LA when I'm jetting up to perches that aren't accessible to friendly Engineers to come keep me stocked up on ammo (and if Adrenaline Pump had extra stages to cert into to make it even better, I'd use that a lot more as well)

and the new Advanced Shield Capacitor is extremely useful when playing a support role, as well as far more cert cost effective to fully cert into than Nanoweave. Heck, some reload times on the LMGs are longer than the time it now takes for shields to start recharging, so just duck behind some cover, reload, recharge, reengage enemy, repeat as needed, been working beautifully.

This reworking of Grenade bandolier might have me finally cert into it as 3 grenades will now cost only 250 certs instead of 600, and that many Revive grenades can make all the difference in a big fight, or for finishing off a Sunderer with AV grenades, etc.

Can't say Munitions Pouch is something I'd ever really bother with though, biggest downside I have with rockets is their reload speed as any vehicle I might want to engage can effectively be repaired faster than a single player can do damage to it, and if I happen to have friendly HA's helping me, chances are I won't need the extra ammo anyway. Only way I might be truly interested in a Munitions Pouch is if they introduce an AI Rocket or Mortar system, or if they had it slightly buff the reload speed.

All in all I think they're doing a good job with these changes, and I think you might simply be stuck in a rut with your playing habits/tactics to not see the usefulness of these changes, as well as failing to empathize with how these changes can benefit newer players far more than season vets, as cert costs are probably the biggest deal with these changes. For example, maxing Nanoweave costs something like 1211 certs vs 341 certs for maxing Advanced Shield Capacitor, while this difference might seem trivial to a player who has been playing the game for months, its a massive difference to a newer player.
  11. Mouse75

I'm confused about the Locust cannon damage, the Damage says 300 / 225m / 400 / 225m. Which means that the damage actually gets better at range. I was just messing around a little bit in PTS and these stats actually seem to bare out this information in real use. Beyond 225m from a target it takes less rounds to kill a target. Is this how the Locust Cannons are supposed to be?
  12. Torok

I do believe they failed to update the minimum damage at max range, it'll be fixed
  13. Scan

You mean just like the harder to spot VS an NC versions?
  14. Spookydodger

I don't feel this is correct. Namely because I use them. I started using the Munitions pouch yesterday and I haven't regretted it. When I need a lot of extended firing and can't rely on an engineer to get to me quickly, this gives me that needed time to stay on target. I have been using it as an alternative suit slot for AA and AV duty, when we are relatively safe from infantry (like in a defensive line or when providing Anti-Air overwatch against expert Liberator crews.

I plan on getting the grenade pouch too, but the cost of grenades is the biggest deterrent. When I do get it, though, I'll get it for my HA for use with concussion grenades to help with clearing a series of rooms. I knock on the door, and people from my outfit/platoon go in. Works especially well since you can't reload grenades from an Engineer ammo pack.
  15. Spookydodger

While I agree that it can be confusing for helping new players, these changes were meant to help new players not need so much player help. Yeah players can change it themselves, but perhaps many new players don't ever do it or only after they become familiar with the game.

Maybe squad leaders should get a "order redploy" and "order squad deploy" button that would bring up an option on the user's screen, like how squad invites and seat requests happen now.
  16. Stew360

LOL jetpack on maxs will be OP as hell sorry but wont happen

ZOE as to go and VS as to have a ability that have a true down side and an ability that dosent affect the maxs versus infantry balance

The primary tools to deal with maxs are Rockets and C4 a ZOE maxs is really hard to C4 or rocket if the ZOE users is not a total brain dead
  17. Messaiga

Well what else is there that fits Vanu's theme for their Max, which their theme is accuracy and mobility. ZOE is actually in a balanced state right now, but I just feel like Lockdown and the Aegis Shield aren't quite up to par.
  18. Stew360

I do not care about been so drastic and so specifics about ( empire theme ) if these Lead to Huge balance concern and issue , is the NC maxs are more resistant than the other maxs ? NO they are not is the NC maxs kill more infantry than others maxs ? NO they dont

Is the ZOE maxs compleatly change the Qs between infantry and maxs balance ? Yes it does because they only thing that was balancing maxs versus infantry was basically the Speed , maxs was suposed to be slower and slugish compare to infantry allowing infantry to play cats and mouse game in orders to trap and kill a maxs , with ZOe this game is all in favor of the Zoe maxs and become overly grocely Overpower when you reduce the numbers of players in a certain area ...

Anyway competitive gaming migth highligths some balance issue with this game :)
  19. Messaiga

Well if ZOE is OP vs Infantry in it's current state, they will probably just completely re-work it. They could potentially add a energy bar that drains as ZOE is active, has a set duration, and takes a certain amount of time to recharge from empty. I am thinking the duration could scale to 5/6.25/7.5/8.75/10 seconds respective to levels 1-5, and recharges in 25 seconds. People could still toggle ZOE on and off like they do now, but they would be punished for leaving it active to often (Also about the whole NC Max not being more resilient thing, I think that is what the Aegis Shield was supposed to achieve).
  20. vanu123

Taking 30% more damage isnt a downside?