PTS Patch Notes - August 8, 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Luperza, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Jaybo H

Curious: does nano-armor cloak only protect you when cloaked? I know this might be a silly question but honestly it would be nice if it protected you at all times considering our already lower health.
  2. Ripshaft

Sweet!
  3. SpaceKing

NAC may finally be useful!
  4. vanu123

No. If you cant kill something that buffs EVERY TR AND NC gun by 30% then you are just bad at the game. Also Nanoweave is not OP, if you die from bullets more then run nano, if you die from explosions then run flak. Simple.
  5. Regpuppy

Well, it would be weird. If they weren't planning on paving the way for console friendly controls. ;)
  6. Crazy Guy

i must be blind, i cant see any of the new ESF secondaries.
  7. Plague Rat

Go to aircraft terminal.
    Open Reaver/Mossy/Scythe cert menu, and scroll to the bottom.
    Unlock the three new weapons (1 cert each)
    They'll now appear in the loadout screen and you can equip them now.
    • Up x 2
  8. Teod

Additional rocket? Meh. This thing gives me additional magazines for my striker. It's going to be practically infinite now. Being independent from engineers is cool.
  9. exLupo

Liking the Locust changes. I love the weapon but it was ko-razy. I'm sure the numbers will get more fine-tuning but I like this first pass. MD I still think should get a round with less falloff and more reserves but we'll see. Coyotes locking longer and less damage? Hopefully they're more reliable. If not then they'll be critically meh.

Looking forward to dropping American dollars to pick up Locusts when the patch goes live.

It's nice to see more non-NW slots getting buffed but I'm still thinking that the masses (test via percentage of successful headshot OHKs) will still kit it. Someone had suggested, instead of NW, that all players get a +10% HP buff for free that can be de-slotted and replaced with any of the utility suit mods. My gut says they'll eventually have to hit NW but, who knows, maybe the others will become so appealing that it'll draw folks away.
  10. Kuuroh

Did you guys fix the constant crashing caused by PhysX yet? :O
  11. Regpuppy

Doubt it. 25% more duability is hard to pass up for min-maxers and people who like surviving more often compared to having a few more grenades or having to rely on engineers less. The Shield capacitor upgrade is nice for infil and light assault though.
  12. exLupo

Pretty much this. More people will spread around for alternate kits (I use bonus rockets for my long-range HA build) but primaries will stick with NW. I won't complain about buffs to the rest while we march towards an eventual NW nerf. If they change NW to a hit-location resistance buff and have it only apply to torso (legs still take 0.9x, head still takes 2.0x), that'll go a long way. With that, I'd like to see another line for helmets that reduces headshot multipliers by 0.1x per rank.
  13. NightmareP69

I have waited for this day for far to long
    • Up x 1
  14. Stew360

On my build of the PTS this black flames wasent there
    Can you still see it on PTS ?

Edit : Wow now its there it look pretty sweet
  15. SatoVS

Do you mean you fixed the sloppy 3rd person camera? I AM ONE HAPPY FLYBOY THEN
  16. Torok

Time is Certifications, Don't you know?
  17. Sobdude

All this new ESF weapons are nearly useless. Lolpods are still THE No.1, versatile, primary, OP, must_have.
  18. Torok

fap... fap.. fap..

fap..

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And Finally, the Blue lumifiber for the NC!

Currently only for the Lightning but i'll be waiting with excitement for the other vehicles aswell, especially the Sunderer
    [IMG]
  19. Stew360

I do not understand you at all , Buff nc and Tr guns ? what are you talking about ?

You mean Nerf ? all weapons ?

Nanoweave is awefull a No brainers unworthy health buff that can be combine with resistshield and become a real problem especially with Squad full of heavys etc.. it ruins the skills based competition and it become a Situational Equipement game of Crap almost like a MMO WOW level 60 caracter versus a level 10

NW + all HA shield maxed Are a problems

but the devs in order to cover some awefull game design choices instead of stepping in and get the balls to remoove the awefull features they try to use some smoke screen and make those awefull design stufff been less ( visibles ) like the Maxs ressources cost you see a little less ZOE maxs so they think this way they will make you think ZOE is not a problem anymore , but still is »ZOE agains infantry is a problem

Nanoweave and resistshield agains some weapons are horrifically OP ... its undeniable they want to not have to face the NW abusers flame wars if they remoove or ajust it so in order to create another smoke screen they reduce the pricing of some other suits slots trying to make them more atractive in order to negate the numbers of NW users in order to HIDE THE REAL PROBLEMS

ALL this suits slots (( ajustements )) is another smoke screen to hide the true hidious design choice problem that come with NW and resistshield and so on ...
  20. Torok

How much do you complain stew lol... Relax man, just Relax...
    Devs will do what they want with nanoweave values, deal with it, and the extragrenade is very good for my revive grenades medic loadout