PTS Patch Notes - 8/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Alarox

Canister Feedback:

There are two main problems with it. One of them is range. The other is that it isn't that good up close either.

The Canister is supposed to dominate close range but it can't aim vertically to defend against Light Assaults and it is constantly reloading. It isn't reliable up close. Fixing that should be a priority as well.

The Canister has 3s of sustained fire and has a 3s reload. The Kobalt has 10.8s of sustained fire and a 2.5s reload. You see the problem? I'm more vulnerable up close with a Canister than I am with any other AI weapon.

It is still terrible at that range. Killing outside of the weapon's maximum range will remain unreliable and luck based. I do appreciate these changes as it will make the weapon feel better, but this still doesn't make it worth using.

7 shots or 5 shots, that's abysmal. It is half the magazine.

I'm okay these changes to start off, but I hope you'll continue to rework the weapon until it is balanced. My biggest fear is that it'll get to the point of "good enough" and never truly become a viable weapon.
  2. AdmiralArcher

Thanks, and i agree.......just as a suggestion id go with bi-weekly that way you have plenty of time to read the comments
    the roadmap has always been a little slow, but its understandable, at least many of the things that are schedualed on the list are actually in this patch.

for the twitch i did include Radar in the PM, maybe he will see it sometime this coming week

Thanks for the information Mr. Carey, i really appreciate it, and im sure alot of the other fourmsider's appreciate it too
    • Up x 1
  3. TheBand1t

1000 m/s bullet velocity AND a CoF decrease on the Walker is insanity, especially when there's 2 mounted on a Battle Gal.

It will make engaging them even more of a hassle.

I could see giving the ground based variant some love, but a firm No to the air variants getting this kind of treatment.
  4. AdmiralArcher

its the inherent problem with shotguns in the end, they are not made for range.....what they should do for the canister....is give it a smart choke
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

Delete canister, replace with airhammer.
    • Up x 4
  6. Scr1nRusher

I just did some calculations.

Level 5 Flak armor' splash/Explosion resistance is 50%.

50% of 750 = 375

50% of 650 = 325

A Players HP is 500 shields/ 500 HP,so 1000 shields in total.

So that means without flak it takes 2 hits to splash kill a infantry using a rocket or HEAT tank cannon.

And about 3 hits to kill with level 5 flak armor.

whats interesting about that is with Level 5 flak armor(pre rocket splash nerf) took 2 shots to kill from a rockets splash.

Lets go over what you did to rockets:

You decreased the 0.5 meter lethal kill radius(thats 1.5 feet) down to 0.35 meters ( thats 1 foot 4.5 centimeters), and THEN nerfed the splash damage to get rid of the lethal kill radius.

So you made a already small(if not you have to be hugging the rocket) kill radius even smaller, and then you got rid of the "kill" part of the radius.

And THEN you gave the advantage of level 5 flak armor which was taking 2 splash hits from 1,000 splash damage sources and then GAVE IT TO EVERY SINGLE INFANTRY. Also it Takes 2 splash damage hits from something 750 damage to kill a single 500/500 infantry.

And now the level 5 Flak armor will allow you to survive 3 HEAT Tank rounds splash or 3 Rockets splash.

I'm not even going to mention how this will effect trying to splash MAX users that have Flak armor on(they like most engineers always use Flak armor).

And to add a Cherry onto this.......

You are nerfing the NS Annihilators splash damage aswell.

The NS Lock on Rocket launcher that cannot be dumbfired is getting nerfed in splash damage.

How... how does doing that even make sense??????

The changes to HEAT don't make sense since they are supposed to be the Baseline Tank cannon, you have effectively turned the MBT's(and lightnings) HEAT cannons into Discount Nerfed default rocket launchers that have a 0.5 meter more inner splash damage radius then a actual rocket.

Now its just getting confusing, it does't make sense

Actually how does this whole group of changes make sense???? I'm nearly pulling my Hair out trying to understand it.
    • Up x 9
  7. AdmiralArcher

the airhammer has a similar problem, and on a ground vehicle, thats a little too powerful

a smart choke would be easier and a more viable solution
  8. Nepau

I have to ask, Why is the Splash damage of the Decemator getting a Larger Nurf then the Default Dumbfires? Do they have a larger outer spash radius then the other? I just don't see why the default dumbfires from from 1000 to 750, while the Decemator goes to 650, or is that a formating error on your end there making us think that it is getting a larger damage drop then the rest?

Also quick question on those ribbions, do you mean we can now see them in the UI now? Just because we already get awarded them on live, just we have no way to see how many we have.
    • Up x 3
  9. DatVanuMan

For most Heavy Assault rocket launchers, the inner blast damage and radius is being reduced. This will make them incapable of a 1 hit kill against full health infantry with splash damage alone. In addition, this will cause max rank flak armor to prevent a 1 hit kill with direct hits:
    Blast damage reduced from 1000 to 750
    Blast radius reduced from 0.5 meters to 0.35 meters
    Affected launchers
    S1
    Nemesis
    Hades
    Hawk
    Shrike
    Crow
    Grounder
    Skep Launcher
    ML-7
    Annihilator
    Decimator
    Blast damage reduced from 1000 to 650
    Blast radius reduced from 0.5 meters to 0.35 meters [/quote]

OF COURSE. NERF INFANTRY ROCKETS. It's not as if the arts of rocket-sniping were very lacking, anyways! Come on, it takes SKILL to land a shot that is even NEAR a soldier! NO NEED TO NERF ANYTHING:mad:
    • Up x 5
  10. RHINO_Mk.II

Tell that to the people who put the Light PPA on a scythe but the full blown big daddy PPA on the magrider.
    • Up x 2
  11. Xervous

NOOOOOOOOOOO

They removed my favorite bug.

</3 RIP gravlift to heaven...
  12. AdmiralArcher

well the PPA vanu just got nerfed :)

so i guess i can
  13. ThePropain

Hmm, maybe you can open that up to the Player Studio? That way there is always someone out there whipping up some artwork!
    Then the best ones get added into a rotation.
    Imagine your artwork on everyone's loading screens..... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  14. Scr1nRusher

those.... weren't.

Do you understand what was being kepted in line will now be unleashed into infantry gameplay?
    • Up x 2
  15. DatVanuMan

I may be VS, and I do think the loading screen IS biased... BUT IS STILL LOOKS AMAZING:D
    Nice work of art, save a VS loading screen for last! PLEASE:p
    • Up x 2
  16. Scr1nRusher

The Decimator has the same splash radius's as the Default rocket launcher, ES 250 cert G2A lock ons & the NS Annihilator.

1000/0.5m/1/5m

you can look at this ingame on live & on VR training.

Also... did you know that the G2G 250 cert ES lock ons have a max splash radius of 6 meters?

thats 1 meter bigger then all of the other rocket launchers.

(I'm not counting/including the ES special Rocket launchers because they are separate and are no threat to infantry.)
    • Up x 1
  17. Neckaru

I'm actually pretty pleased with the rocket launcher changes. Also, all dem bug fixes.
    • Up x 1
  18. Scr1nRusher

I bet you are.

What classes do you play?
    • Up x 1
  19. Plunutsud pls

"All existing alerts have been retired and replaced with Adversarial Alerts
    An Adversarial Alert triggers whenever an empire controls at least 75% of a continent
    The "attacking" empire who triggered the alert wins by either conquering the continent (by having 85% territory control) or by maintaining their 75% control by the end of the time limit.
    The "defending" empire wins the alert by gaining 35% territory control
    The continent locks in the case of an attacker win
    It is considered a draw if neither the attacker nor defenders meet their win condition
    All adversarial alerts have a 1 hour time limit"

Who seriously thinks it's possible to stop a zerg from going from 75% to 85% territory control???

The alert should be triggered at like 65% max and should take more than 85% to win.
    • Up x 3
  20. Ranik

No. No you didn't factor in a thing. We fight tooth and nail because you do not listen and you more often than not leave things broken and underpowered for months at a time. More often than not once you've nerfed something too heavily you leave it like that for half a year or more.

We fight tooth and nail because we've seen how you do things. Do not act like we are the ones at fault for recognizing the dev track record.
    • Up x 4