PTS Patch Notes - 8/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 2, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

This is an amazing post. You have my thumbs up, man:) I just wish SOE would use logic and feedback instead of spreadsheets and virtual performance for their suspiciously frequent "adjustments".
    • Up x 1
  2. Shanther

You act as if the world is still falling. You can still effectively kill people with rockets. The only difference is you wont be able to kill thme with just splash damage alone.

ITT = in this thread.
  3. DatVanuMan

1st of all. Say what you will. As I am entitled to my opinion and solemn belief that these changes are unnecessary and even negative, I won't say anything else.
    2nd of all. Thanks, those three letters were pretty confusing to decipher until now:D Otherwise, I appreciate the fact that you did not belittle the way I think, and were discussing your ideas along with your evidence. Glad to have had this conversation, man. As for the effects of these changes, God knows what they might do.
  4. DatVanuMan

Stupid schedule:(
  5. Tython

I need motion blur! :eek:

Also, I can't log in at all. I get stuck on the Faction Select screen. Every attempt to make a character just takes me back to Faction Select.
  6. Shanther

You can have your opinions all you want. The fact of the matter is I main HA. It is just about all I do and it isn't going to change anything for me.
  7. DatVanuMan

I main HA, too, brotherXD
    The Lasher is just too good to give up. 267 kills away from Auraxium:D
  8. DatVanuMan

Have you tried restarting your PC?
  9. Jaybo H

Rocket primaries are a big problem.

I am still waiting for the heavy's shield changes - whatever happened to that?

Seems 75% of the playerbase just runs around as heavies due to rocket primaries and shields, which is messed up.
    • Up x 1
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Now that's a massive amount of Patch notes.
    Good stuff there.
    Also some stuff I don't like as much, but what can you do.
    But damn still no change to the S1 visuals. I literally don't use it because I think it's trail is too big and and makes follow up shots more difficult.
  11. Zanto

I can understand nerfing the PPA but why nerf the tanks main guns? Im glad you reduced the reload speed on the tanks main anti-infantry gun( which makes sense since you nerfed PPA) but why did you nerf the blast radius? you already nerfed the PPA
  12. A3ianess

NANITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. day ofm one

I appreciate your effort to tell us all of the upcoming changes that specifically ;)
  14. vanu123

Instead of nerfing almost every rocket launcher, wouldn't it be faster just to give a small buff to flak armor? I mean if you die to explosives YOU PROBABLY DON'T HAVE FLAK ARMOR ON IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    • Up x 1
  15. taxidriver

The new continent/fighting system sounds interesting. Dunno about the nanite-stuff. We`ll see.
    You will have to change your position more often to avoid an opponent reaching the %.

I understand that you nerf farm tools like the HE. But if, then more of them. Like rocket pods, tankbuster, and more ability to avoid being headshotted by farming snipers.
    Lock-on launchers like the annihilator also need adjustmend imo, especially the AA-part. Stealh, flares and if you finally locked on somebody, you hit a rock. Always the same thing with a bit experienced pilots. I mean it cannot be intended that i prefer using my LMG for fighting an ESF than my Lock-on launcher.
  16. Jaedrik

Holy crap, this.
    One of the things that made MW2 so great is that every perk was competitive. Even the red perks. Stopping Power wasn't as omnipresent as everyone thought. There were certain weapons which didn't gain any BTK or only gained it at certain ranges, and niche playstyles and setups abounded.
    I would love for Flak to be useful, and the tradeoff between it and the other suit slots (ASC is probably the most heavily used right now) to be greater by making it the only ability to effectively resist dat stuff.
    • Up x 1
  17. Archiadus

I've got a question to anyone that's been on the PTS to test the directives.

[IMG]

In the image you can see that there's Sniper kills for the long range infiltrators, Scouts and SMGs for the medium ranged infiltrators but I don't see "Sidearm kills" for the close range ( Stalker cloak ) infiltrators.

Is it just not showing in the image or did they simply forget to add it to the infiltrator directives?
  18. Rogueshadow

The rocket launcher nerf is going to make equiping flak armor just a waste of time cause now half of it situational effectiveness is being taken away, flak armor is by far already quite situational even at the current state of the game. RIght now I can just equip max nano weave and still expect to survive splash form rockets due to its small radius, even the AI mines are quite easy to survive as the delay on the explosion combined with a good latency, I can move away from the deadly radius and into the less damaging radius with normal infantry sprint. Even now I regret certing my flak armor as I found nanoweave a lot better for most situations as you can expect to have a head on fight with another infantry for just about every spawn, while flak armor will save your from the occasional grenade or C4 presents from light assaults. Hopefully the change is reverted after sometime in live or else no one would ever need flak armor and I will always regret getting the max rank of it.

For anyone who still takes flak armor into battle think about this, how much more prevalent is a death by bullet compared to death by explosion?
  19. Aeon Pyro1515

WOW thanks for giving the VS another crap charge up gun at least make it chargeable while cloaked the on fire uncloak.
  20. Kirppu1

You got what you wanted, let them be for now