PTS Patch Notes - 8/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

I've explained it!

By nerfing the rocket splash & removing the lethal kill radius it does a few things:

1) it allows medic balls to thrive and basically be undying.

2) It allows engineers To not die repairing things..... meaning maxes & sunderers stay up longer. Which you can only understand how that impacts the infantry gameplay.

3) entrenched enemies will be extremely hard if not impossible in certain situations to bust out.

4) Against groups of enemies doing a "clean sweep" is not not possible. A "clean sweep" is when you use a rocket to target a cluster of enemies in the attempted to kill many of them and then you go in and clean up with the LMG. Knowing where to target/angle at the group depends on situation and Cluster area.

This is the impact on the infantry game.

Undying medic balls.

Maxes that seemly will not die, and engineers(who usually run flak armor) not dying to splash targeting the maxes & vehicles.

Groups of enemies not having to fear of something that can accurately splash them out effectively .

does that make sense?

Rockets were the only thing keeping medic balls & pocket engineers repairing maxes & groups of enemies & entrenched enemies under control.

Every singe HA doesn't run around using rockets against sole infanty targets, Every single HA is not doing "rocket primary".

Factor in the Resourse revamps effect on max units & how medics and engineers will become more popular due to the vehicle system and Resources(involving med kits and regen kits).... You see how the rocket change will down the road cause massive problems.
  2. GaBeRock

Ah yes, the sequel to

Butt-hurt - The Novel

Starring "COD kiddies" and "People who refuse to use teamwork"
    • Up x 2
  3. Scr1nRusher

you don't get it.... at all.

Rocket primary never existed.

Also Its the base designs fault if tanks can farm infantry, also HE rounds for promoting it in the first place.

Has forumside corrupted you that much?
    • Up x 1
  4. DatVanuMan

You know that a direct hit WILL STILL destroy you, right...
    Plus, these changes suck. Vehicles now have lower splash, lesser splash damage, and HEAT is now useless.
    It should have been like this:
    AP: ANTI-ARMOR. Nothing else.
    HE: ANTI-INFANTRY. Vehicles will eliminate you if you use this against them.
    HEAT: ANTI-a bit of EVERYTHING. Splash should be able to kill people, and it does reasonable damage versus vehicles.
    AP should deal REAL damage. Damage I can actually run away from.
    HE should have a much larger radius, but less damage on a direct hit.
    HEAT should have been a bit of both, and can still one shot people, but your projectile must be VERY close to the target.
    The same goes for rockets. I don't see why these "adjustments" are even taking place. NO ONE has ever complained about it in forums, but SOE doesn't really care, now does it?
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

"numbers"

LOOK AT THE GAMEPLAY. Rocket deaths are rare.

Also since bases make infantry cluster up of course people are going to die from splash!

Flak is supposed to be the counter to splash damage.

if its not doing a effective job, YOU BUFF IT. NOT NERF THE SPLASH DAMAGE SO IT IS EFFECTIVE!.

Also Not everyone "leads with a rocket" unless maxes & vehicles are around. not everyone is smart enough to listen for the audio Que of a maxes foot steps or has good situational awareness
    • Up x 2
  6. Scr1nRusher

Don't forget.

they are also nerfing the NS annihilators splash.

A rocket that CANNOT be dumbfired.... is getting its splash nerfed VS infantry.
  7. Shanther

I said well thought out and readable...this is...I don't even know.

1) The counter to medic balls isn't rocket spam. It is Conc Nades + Frag / AV + Nade Bandolier combined with actual pushing.

2) What? Just shoot at them with a normal gun and you have the same result. Furthermore a smart Engi will rep in a place where he isn't going to get killed by rockets as it is. This is hardly a valid point.

3) Conc Nades + Frag / AV + Nade Bandolier says hello.

4) This is part of the reason why splash is being nerfed. Good job.

Medic Balls - See above to point 1.

MAXs will die fine. The Engis were already not dying because they would stand in places where they wouldn't be getting hit by full splash or direct fire.

Grenades already do this.

Your understanding of this game is poor at best.
  8. Scr1nRusher

I've explained it the best I can to you in the simplest to the point terms i can.( I explained in detail else where.)

I warned you of whats coming. Remember that.

You keep insulting me and trying to discredit me. But I'm right.

Grenades will be limited by the RR, Also Grenades are inconsistent and you cannot control where they go. Rockets you can. You can angle rockets, theyhave pin point accuracy pretty much, and you know exactly where they will hit. Rockets are not the best for certain situations, but they shine when they need to be effective.

I do feel bad that you won't listen to me. You seem like a smart person and I respect that. but you have been mislead.
    • Up x 2
  9. Shanther

None of your points are actually even correct to being with.
  10. DatVanuMan

I like that, it makes me laugh at how the Annihilator can't even use splashXD
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

They are correct.

But keep denying it to feel better.

Lies are more comforting then Truth.
    • Up x 1
  12. Shanther

Considering I just made a post disproving your arguments, I beg to differ.
  13. DatVanuMan

What replaces grenades when there are no grenades? ROCKETS. What are HAs going to use when they don't have enough resources for a grenade bandolier that actually BOOSTS SURVIVABILITY? Nanoweave or Flak. How does a conventional bullet (A RAMS) kill infantry with a headshot while a mass of ionized gas (Which MELTS YOU) is unable to do so UNLESS it is a direct hit? Also, not all engineers are SMART, so they would be lying around in corners, repairing a MAX, but because engineers will use Flak 85% of the time, dumbfires require direct hits to do crap to infantry. Also, just shoot them with a LMG and you get the same result? Not if they're near something they can repair, which is what they are ALWAYS next to. Massed infantry can be killed with grenades, as they are more effective for clearing out rooms, but when none are available, the next best things are:
    1. Suicide Flashes.
    2. ROCKETS. And please, do not insult other people based on their opinions and ideas. No one has the right to accuse anyone of having poor understanding if they do not understand themselves.
  14. Shanther

People REALLY need to work on making readable posts. Let me see if I can figure out the points you are making here.

1) If you are trying to break a medic ball (since that is the argument that has been brought up) you are normally doing so with more then one person and it involves a lot more then just shooting rockets at a wall. I can only say this so many times. Rockets DO NOT break medic balls. If you don't have enough resources for Nades anymore you are doing it wrong. Even still you can still shoot a rocket at someone, they are not removing rockets from the game. Just lowering the splash to not be as stupid.

2) Realism is never a valid argument in a video game.

3) So you are against having to work a little harder for a kill. Got it.

4) If you can't get nades you are doing it wrong.

It is very obvious he (and I am starting to question yours) has poor understanding of the game simply based on the fact he thinks you break medic balls with rockets.

ITT: QQ about players EZ mode crutch going away
  15. DatVanuMan

1. You make ABSOLUTELY no sense. Rockets, just like grenades, break medic balls, because a rocket one shots all non-MAX infantry. It does what the grenade does, and anyways, this is what the description of each default rocket says:
    Launches unguided rockets that are effective against both infantry and armor.
    2. SO, as you can see above, the devs are being very inconsistent with the way even default weapons should act.
    3. How am I "Doing it wrong" if I don't have enough resources for grenades? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?;)
    4. Trying to land a rocket near infantry is:
    _1. DIFFICULT. The splash is already small, and getting a kill by splash is an achievement.
    _2. Sometimes, realism DOES matter, as it adds flavor to a game. Best example would be BULLET. FREAKING. DROP:]
    _3. Rockets are usually used only to clear a group of infantry out if they're tightly packed next to eachother. If you die by rockets, IT IS YOUR FAULT. Not the user.
    And yet again, you accused people of not understanding a game, even though you don't know how they think or how they feel. Congrats, man.
    • Up x 1
  16. Shanther

Rockets may kill one or two people but they are not going to break any decent medic hold. They can just keep resing over and over. Using Conc + Frag / AV Nades + Bandolier will break it because you throw 12+ nades (more then one person) let that do all of the damage and follow that up with a push. Sitting back and shooting rockets every so often into a door way or up a stairwell wont do enough damage even with splash as it is now to effectively break a medic hold.

After the nerf rockets will still be effective against infantry and armor, thinking otherwise is nothing more then exageration.

I have literally never lost the ability to get at least one grenade even when I didn't have my membership active. If you can't get ONE you are either wasting them or using medkits when you shouldn't be.

The only time bullet drop matters in this game is with Snipers but that is simply a balance aspect and has nothing to do with flavor. You shouldn't be balancing around realism.

You will still be able to kill people and hurt the people who are tightly packed. You just wont kill all of them.

ITT: Rockets wont be able to kill people anymore.
  17. YoXn

Well I guess I should go re-design my bases I... Oh wait, that's right! I don't F'ing make the bases. Secondly, Tanks are one of the problems out of many that cause spawn room camping. They are addressing it in some sort of fashion. The biggest problem with spawn room camping is when pops hit a critical mass at the base.

Also, just because my sigs have stats you could probably never achieve doesn't mean I am bragging... well actually I am.;)
  18. AdmiralArcher

just going to point out that Rls are shaped charges and wouldnt actually have a very large blast radius if they are designed to kill vehicles.....
  19. Mystogan

My main problem is HEAT cannon, which is unable to OHK infantry with inner splash dmg.
    THAT is the most damaging change in this patch. And you SOE should really rethink all your talks about "sidegrades", "basic all-arounders", "easier cap for new players", "new players experience" and "balance", because you throw those things all around and in the end you just work against them.

HEAT cannon is basic cannon. BASIC. Means that new player who pull a tank is able to:
    1. Defend himself against infantry, thx to small (1 meter) splash dmg and being able to OHK infantry with not-direct hit. This allow new player who has not either: good aim, awereness and cant score direct hit to running like a drunk snak infantry.

Removing this ability to defend new tank-players against infantry, this little help of 1 or 0,75 meter splash dmg will make new tankers quit tanks before they will even start playing them.

This is what makes your game SOE dead and deserted and why your game failed- new player cap and experience is just too big and too frustrating. But not only on the infantry end. Same is with air (biggest learing curve) and tanks (cert investment and learning curve).

HEAT is helping players to get good with tanks and do not feel helpless against infantry.

2. Being able to do quite good damage agasint tanks, but not like AP, but to compansate that, you are able to OHK infantry with small splash. This makes HEAT all-arounder and a BASE-CANNON from where we move to side grades, toward more armor damage (AP rounds) or AI dmg (HE rounds).

What you do right now is make new player start with DIRECT WORSE cannon. Not with sidegrade or basic all arounder, but with DIRECT DOWNGRADE. Means that now new player HAVE TO aquire AP round or HE fast to be competetive. It is agaisnt policy of "you jump in game and you start with stuff that already lets you have fun" to "you start with worse stuff, buy SC and buy UPGRADE".

UPGRADE> Now AP and HE are both Upgrades, not sidegrades. HEAT cannon is just useless right now.

What you should do with cannon is the following and I beg you to change your idiotic patch notes this way:

Lightning HEAT
    Inner blast radius reduced from 1 meter to 0.75 meter
    Blast damage stays the same
    Lightning HE
    Time to reload reduced from 3750 to 3500
    Outer blast radius reduced from 8 meters to 5 meters
    Inner blast radius reduced from 1.5 meters to 1 meter
    Lightning Viper
    No changes- since it was nerfed not too long ago and alread require two hits to kill infantry unit.
    Magrider HEAT
    Magrider HE
    Time to reload reduced from 4750ms to 4000 ms
    Inner blast radius reduced from 2 meters to 1.5 meter
    Vanguard HEAT
    Vanguard HE
    Time to reload reduced from 4750ms to 4200ms
    Inner blast radius reduced from 2 meters to 1.5 meter
    Prowler AP
    Blast damage reduced from 500 to 450
    Prowler Heat
    Prowler HE
    Time to reload reduced from 3500ms to 3000ms
    Inner blast radius reduced from 1.5 meters to 1 meter (here nerf stays because of double shot)

This way HEAT is still able to OHK with Inner splash but require more aim to do so. The skill cap is getting bigger but not enough to make HEAT useless as you are doing now.
    You should do changes by small steps. Removing OHK from HEAT is BIG change, huge in terms of changing tanks gameplay and new player experience. Please consider changes above. Thank you.
    • Up x 2
  20. DatVanuMan

When did I ever say I would just sit by the door, spamming rockets and never pushing? Who said only I would launch rockets at a group of medics? You simply added negative words to my original post that makes it look incompetent.
    C4, brother. I USE DAT CRAP:p
    But in a time where nanites rule, shouldn't all guns on Auraxis be BULLET DROP FREE? Take TF2 for example: There is no bullet drop, you can rocket jump, and you can taunt AND group taunt with your enemies and allies alike. But that game is more comedic than serious; PLANETSIDE 2 is a sci-fi where some hard facts can't be beat. The human body can not sustain the heat of a near explosion, IT JUST CAN'T. Robocop can, he's Robocop:cool:
    When you say: You won't kill them all, you're actually saying: You'll only kill ONE of them.
    AND FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, what does ITT mean?
    • Up x 1