PTS Drifters let you glide along the ground like skiing in Tribes

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kronic, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Kronic

Pretty cool change I must say. Try em out. Maybe we'll get the change implemented in GU11 unless it's a bug or something.
  2. Compass

Tribes 1 skiing only worked downhill when you had significant acceleration, and I already did that <_<
    • Up x 1
  3. joe smo

ooo, got any videos of this?
  4. Kociboss

I'm actually scared.
    • Up x 7
  5. Flashtirade

I MUST ACCELERATE
  6. Kronic

Details, details :p

Scared they'll get nerfed yeah lol.
  7. Reskan

This is going to be fun.
  8. Ribero

Goes well with the Ski Masks coming out in GU11
    • Up x 5
  9. Ayre

Welp, I knew I saved up a 1000 certs for something. Time to max out drifters if this change goes live.
  10. Kogmaw

Same here, i had no idea what to do with mine until this very moment!
  11. MsSkillet

small example from T1(one of my top 5 games ever along with tribes 2)

12. TeknoBug

^ that's what ZOE should've been, a timed drifter jumpjet to get out of danger or to get closer to the target.

I use adrenaline pump on my LA and with this it'd be sick.
  13. ghnurbles

Just tested it out, am very happy. At long last, LA aren't useless on flat ground.

I noticed that if you get hit by vehicles they punt you along, and you take no damage. Potentially hilarious.
    • Up x 3
  14. Copasetic

Looks like something that'll get nerfed in a couple weeks, enjoy it while it lasts!
    • Up x 3
  15. Reskan

You ever used Drifters before? After about maybe an hour of extended use, you start to lose feeling in your left thumb due to the the constant mashing of the space bar. That alone is a pretty considerable downside, and with Drifters being able to hover off the ground, this will only worsen the thumb cramping.
  16. Ripshaft

I expect the cert costs to be readjusted to match the normal jumpjets if this goes through, better get max level while it's still cheap.
  17. Hypest

As of now, maxing out Drifters costs 1000 certs, while maxing out JJs cost 810 certs. If they even out the costs, then you will "lose" certs if you buying the drifters now.
  18. Copasetic

I rebound it to one of the side mouse buttons, it's not quite so bad then. Still annoying though.
  19. vaxx

Still not that excited. I like to jump onto things, not ski around.

If they increased the speed of the regular JJ's I would be happy. Don't get me wrong, I am glad they are making the drifters more attractive, but still don't see myself using them over the JJ.

They still need to implement a switch on-the-fly to change between the different Jets. Then I could see them being very useful.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ripshaft

Really? Thought last rank of standard jumpjets was 1k... o, well, then snap.