PTS changes @Higby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ranik, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Ranik

Long version:

Vulcan changes are still WIP.

Source

Skyguard buffed / Bursters to be tuned for shorter range.

Source

ZOE is probably not likely to go Live as is. (Both timer + 30% armor reduction)

Source

Didn't ask about the MCG/Lasher changes and other such things. But with the above we can guess it's all getting messed around with and is still WIP

TL;DR It's all WIP. Keep your pants on.
    • Up x 21
  2. Ennkay

Good news, thanks for the heads up
    • Up x 1
  3. MFP_TK_01

http://2.bp.************/-IqMwF5vfZ1I/TiT3a5nM5hI/AAAAAAAAB9E/WxB-jxXR12o/s1600/light-through-clouds-2.png
    • Up x 25
  4. Ranik

Yeah, in the twitter convo even I had to admit. "I'm not a dedicated pilot but the biggest problem is the invisibility / range of bursters."
  5. Xind

I'm glad it's all a WIP. None of that feels finished/done correctly.
  6. Loegi

They use the test server to test things?

What a revelation!
    • Up x 1
  7. Izriul

Cool, he's certainly trustworthy

Haha, I make myself laugh sometimes.
    • Up x 4
  8. Ravenorth

About ZOE its just as I thought, putting it on live like that would be overdoing it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ranik

Agreed. When I saw the changes I was rather surprised. It needed some balance measures but a timer in addition to further armor reduction struck me as too much.
  10. McChimperson

Skyguard buffed / Bursters to be tuned for shorter range.

Oh my god that might be the best thing I have ever heard.
    • Up x 1
  11. MFP_TK_01

That is exactly the change that I've been hoping for and would expect. And not just because the skyguard is my next favorite vehicle to the Lib. I've always thought that a AA tank should be more of a threat at longer range than a man in a mech suit. Not only that, but we can at least see the tanks. It sucks when we have to do several round trips while trying to triangulate a AA-crab hidden in some random rocks.
    • Up x 4
  12. Xind

I'm really dubious about bursters being nerfed and skyguard being buffed. I just don't expect them to make it significant enough to survive A2G from libs/ESF when they see each other at the same range.
  13. NoctD

I'm going to remain a skeptic... I almost read him as saying they'll be BUFFED to do MOAR damage at shorter ranges! :eek:
  14. Ranik

I can see your point. But frankly that's not possible. :p
  15. LonelyTerran

Looks like AirFarmSide2 is returning!!!

Yay!
  16. Wezdor

Back to the top so people stop whining.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ranik

Skyguard just got it's clip buffed from 50 to 70. And It's velocity buffed from 375 m/s to 400 m/s.

It's the bursters which are/have been the problem. And believe me. I ******* hate the old days of skill-less ESF dominance.
    • Up x 3
  18. Ronin Oni

ALL changes excite me :D :D :D

I figured that the ZOE wouldn't go live that way. Just weakening Armor more should be good. Make a default RPG do like 90% damage (currently does 75% dmg to ZOE max, 50% to standard MAX).

Make it a high risk/reward mode.

Skyguard/Burster changes excite me most though
  19. Wezdor

I also noted that this is the first ACTUAL PSA I have seen in the past 2 weeks o_O

Kinda makes you think, huh...
    • Up x 1
  20. HannaDest

If they would only anounce stuff like this in their game forum......
    • Up x 2