PSA: Mini-skyshield don't protect against lolpod splash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by csvfr, Apr 18, 2020.

1. csvfr

During today's more heavy fighting someone had deployed one of the new pocket skyshields. Me as well as about 10 others saw the oppurtunity to under it and fire on the enemies from the covered position. A VS scythe was in the air, saw all of us cramped together in a small radius, spammed the lolpods on top of the skyshield and most of us on the ground died. I find this counterintuitive because the skyshield was advertised as giving protection from exactly this threath.
    • Up x 4
  2. Demigan

I have to make this joke:

You really thought they were going to make something on the ground effective against air? Ofcourse the skyshield just tells everyone "please shoot me!"
    • Up x 2
  3. FLHuk

I've not seen one from above, does it by any chance have a bullseye on it?
    • Up x 1
  4. TRspy007

Really, it was my mistake to assume ground troops finally had something to somewhat defend themselves against air.
  5. AlcyoneSerene

An airhammer took me out despite taking cover under one. Wasn't sure if it was clientside or their reaver was low enough to shoot under it.
  6. Eaglebird

I think it needs to be like 0.5m taller and more dome-like to offer cover at azimuth ≈ 20°
  7. Peebuddy

I've seen it used to great effect as a C4 shield for sunderers. Maybe that's what it should be renamed to.
    • Up x 1
  8. TRspy007

it is pretty useful in that aspect, combined with the deploy shield. Seems every bus driver is doing this now.
  9. JibbaJabba

They are just a infantry meta tool. Lots of clever placement on the outside of buildings to get the one way shield to protect inside. Lots of spots outdoors where they can give an advantage in lower elevation terrain.

The one thing I have found that they don't do, AT ALL, is protect from A2G of any sort at all. In fact it seems like a big "shoot me" banner for A2G farmers.
    • Up x 1