[PSA] Implants will NOT be released with GU13

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheJosephChrist, Jul 17, 2013.

1. SilverAura

THIS is why I am proudly paying for a premium membership. This is the kind of development team I am happy to support. Yes, I enjoy the benefits I get from a premium membership but I also feel good knowing I'm helping a development team that cares to listen to player feedback and respond even at the last second.

It just goes to show that you don't need to milk me for in-game purchases to get my money. If I respect you, it's yours.
    • Up x 10
  2. bebbly

Just make them a permanent wearable in a new slot. cost 300 certs
    only equip 1 at a time.
    and maybe a coloured identifying light on the helmet or body which is coloured for that type of implant.
  3. Duvenel

LOOK BELOW!!! \/
    • Up x 2
  4. gigastar

Thanks for reconsidering.

And thanks for what is perhaps the first proper use of the [PSA] tag ive seen on this forum.
    • Up x 4
  5. Phrygen

Glad you are scrapping it and starting over.

So be honest, was it reddit or the official forums or twitter that had the largest impact on the decision?
  6. EliteEskimo

This turn of events is truly a reason for us all to go
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  7. TheJosephChrist

The implants aren't OP. People just hate having to work (certs) or pay (sc) for something. I mean , let's just admit that's whats really going on here.
    • Up x 1
  8. S0LAR15

I am speechless, I thought we were done for!

Thank you SOE. Seriously.
    • Up x 2
  9. Phrygen

gotta love them huskies.
    • Up x 2
  10. Pikachu

Youre gonna start posting eskimo animal pictures? : D
    • Up x 2
  11. Chowley

I am absolutely shocked. Well done SOE, good news. This has restored some faith i have to say.
    • Up x 2
  12. Xae

Forum QQ is OP. Higby nerf plz
  13. Metalsheep

Just make the implants permanent like in PS1.
    • Up x 1
  14. Coffee Hound

Well damn, the next time I like something, I guess I need to spam the forum over and over saying so :confused:
  15. EliteEskimo

[IMG]

But mostly Huskies since amusing Carribou, Musk Ox, and Arctic Wolf pictures are harder to come by. :D
    • Up x 1
  16. Vortok

I agree. We're mostly shooting in the dark when it comes to feedback about most things. Roadmap is especially vague. Higher dev interaction/feedback on the Roadmap would be sweet... but that would take significantly more dev time to update/review the Roadmap (but then why'd they make it in the first place, haha).

I think most of the implants are on the right track. Just need some balance tweaks and, of course, a different method of obtaining/upkeeping (resource cost that can't be stockpiled beforehand, perhaps). Here's part of a post from the other thread by Kid Gloves that's buried about a dozen pages in.

Seen a lot of 'auto spot the guy that hits you' ideas out of the devs lately. I'm guessing they're getting feedback from newer players essentially saying "I don't know where I'm getting shot from!" and I can respect trying to give a tool (Awareness) for that situation. Auto-spot would kinda negate hiding spots, though. Making the damage indicator fade a bit more slowly so a player has time to read it and know the direction of the shooter once they get over the initial panic of being shot might help. Auto spotting stuff you damage is mainly a QOL thing.

I really like his idea for the stealth implant. Doesn't completely invalidate every Infiltrator's tool slot or Proxy/Scout Radar (often 1k+ certs and takes up a loadout slot), but still has use - especially for an Infiltrator that can run while cloaked and then keep a low profile when uncloaked and letting it recharge. Radar is very strong right now though, so introducing a method of dealing with it is a good idea.

So on the right track I think, just some mild tweaks and touch ups needed here and there.
    • Up x 2
  17. SpaceKing

I kinda liked the implants as they were. Forum-goers seemed to be a bit put-off by the prospect of spending certs on something temporary.
  18. ThundaHawkPS

Good. Last thing I'd wish on PS2 is an early grave.

Close call.

Implant benefits are real game changers. Since there's no stamina bar as in Planetside 1, they might have to be toned down or made active + run off their own energy pool.

Also.

Melee booster implant where? (buff range + damage of knife, maybe even hit detect?)
  19. vincent-

Can you at least leave them on test center for testing purpose?
  20. Psykmoe

Cool, just use the space you freed up in the patch notes for a Falcon velocity or tooltip fix. The tooltip and actual velocity still don't match.