[PSA] Bandit is worth it's weight in SC. My seal of approval!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by WaaWaa, Apr 27, 2014.

1. WaaWaa

This gun is a cert machine. If you were on the fence about it as an NC light assault/engi, this is the gun you'll never need to swap out for another for most situations (i.e. CQC and mid-range). Mid-range in my terms is from the top of a tower to the air pad fyi.

It's almost like an SMG wrapped into a carbine. CQC you should be able to run through 3 of any class without reloading. Mid range, just be gentle and burst control, and you shouldn't have a problem.

It has my highest recommendations, and as I joked with DJHops it is the PS2 God smiter. Good players go down fast with this gun if it comes down to that critical head shot in terms of TTK. I've never ever recommended a purchase to anyone, but this one is that good.

Given SOE's track record, when something is this good, it probably will receive a nerf. That's my only reservation with this recommendation. Beat that in mind.

I finished my auraxium of this weapon (around 700-800 kills of the remainder) in 1 day. I've never had that much fun auraxiuming a weapon. Footage is lacking because I haven't decided what to record with in the absence of Shadow Play (Nvidia's latest drivers causes constant black screens of death when opening the map). I would have had some great moments to have made into a video, otherwise.

My loadout as a light assault:
    -3.4x LACO scope (the red dot) (w1ndex was the guy that showed me the light on this) or the 1x for CQC
    -Forward grip for dat ADS money head shot / adv. laser sight if you're not planning on using ADS
    -Soft point ammo

Don't have anything else to say except that NC have a great carbine and based on a conversation with w1ndex probably got the better deal of all the new carbines (still haven't tested the new VS carbine). The Gods have given you lightning. Let the smiting commence!

I do hope to get footage of this gun and make a video of it. When I do, I shall post it. Sorry for that wish Shadow Play would work (a.k.a. wish PS2 would come out of Beta), but I'll definitely work on getting "something" to record the great runs I had with this gun.
  2. Iridar51

I recommend DXtory for recording, Wrel has a video "recording in perfect quality" explaining how to set it up. Worked for me better than Shadow Play.

Also, who the hell is w1ndex?
  3. Corezer

I feel TR got it in the bag with this one... for LA anyway.

maybe engineer players would see it differently, but as LA having a good weapon for all situations, as it opens up what you can take advantage of in a given battle, taking you from niche class to beast. The Cougar's straight up recoil keeping it more on the head (which is generally taller than it is wide) is a boon in close quarters where the angle dragging you off the small head target can be the difference between life and death. the weapon also has extra ammo for prolonged separation, and is great in ranged scenarios. Some feel the lack of close range DPS is crippling, but the diference between it and a GD7-F is barely over a tenth of a second, there are many more factors in a close quarters engagement that will more than make up for that, but where the proper weapon does make a difference is at long range, where there is always time to react and retaliate.

With the Cougar and 2x+grip+hva+comp, anyone close enough for me to comfortably engage is also close enough to minimize my TTK on by scoring head shots and generally not missing. This means I can take advantage of almost any opportunity without having to try and slip closer unnoticed (the consequences of failure in this are quite dire) and less mid ranged engagements become protracted which risks both tunnel vision allowing someone else to kill me, and simply being chipped past my shield by retaliatory fires.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a much easier time killing people up close with the Cougar than I do even at mid range with the bandit... well sometimes it does good but it lacks a sort of consistency...
  4. SirFrancisGobelcoque

Finished Bandito auraxium a few days ago and loved every second of it. That gun is a breeze to use and cuts down foes like a lumberjack on meth cuts down trees.

I jest, but I do love that gun. Would love GD-7F analogue in a higher damage tier as well, but am content with what we have now.

The Great Debate: ALS or Grip? After all those kills I still can't decide. If I had to choose not knowing the situation I would likely go for the grip, but that ALS clutch hipfire has saved me on more than one occasion. What's your fav Waa?

(3 of any class without reloading is a bit optimistic I'd reckon)
  5. WaaWaa

6. WaaWaa

My fav is the forward grip. I constantly find myself ADS and strafing since it has that nice .75 movement modifier. I feel the hipfire power is ok without the adv. laser sight.

Yea 3 guys in a clip. Did that quite a few times, but they were pretty clueless. Just depends on the situation and skill level.
  7. Altrades

Is it the same w1ndex from 1cmm