[PS4] Pounders versus fractures

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ryme Intrinseca, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Ryme Intrinseca

I've been thinking about getting twin fractures and they seem to have bad reviews on PC to say the least. On PS4 people seem to have a higher opinion of them. And looking at the stats, compared to twin pounders (which I use presently) you basically have:

+Nearly double the velocity
    +More than double the magazine size
    +More than double the ammo pool
    -Lower direct damage
    -Vastly lower splash damage
    -Slightly longer reload
    -Higher effective cert cost (you don't get one for free)

On paper the fracture looks a match for the pounder for AV. The pounder does significantly more burst damage, but for sustained fire vs. armour (which is what AV weapons are mostly for) damage output is similar. This is because the pounder is having to do a 2 second reload for every 5.33 seconds of fire, whereas the fracture gets 13.33 seconds of sustained fire. And of course, the fracture has more range and a much bigger ammo pool (very useful when you're taking on glue-gunned sunderers and MBTs).

For AI the pounder is a four hit kill, versus five for the fracture, and has much better splash. But the fracture has much more damage in the mag and is more likely to get direct hits due to the velocity (getting direct hits on strafing enemies with the pounder is a lottery). So on paper it looks like the fracture is competitive there too.

So is the fracture actually competitive with the pounder, or am I missing something?
  2. BigJohnny

Are you talking about MAXes?
    Where do you find the weapon stats for the MAX weapons? they don't have them when you select one like they do for the other classes/weapons.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Why is this in the "player support" section?
  4. BigJohnny

because we can't post in the PS4 section, haven't been able to for weeks now and DBG doesn't appear to be doing anything about the issue.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ryme Intrinseca

Yeah lots of essential information is not in game unfortunately. Go here.
  6. BigJohnny

oh that's awesome. I can't really answer your question though since I play VS.

but I've been waiting for the blueshift and nebula to come out, now I can compare them :D
  7. iccle

The way I see it, when you wish you had a scatmax use pounders, when you wish you had ravens use fractures.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ryme Intrinseca

My theory is that lockdown is there to stop us running away from the superior NC firepower :(