PS4 players seem to like VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Feb 20, 2015.

1. DashRendar

Not trying to start an age old flame war faction vs. faction, but I've been watching PS4 beta videos lately because I actually enjoy seeing new players join and praise the game, especially cross-platform. It seems to me that a lot of PS4 players (at least the ones who have youtube channels mind you) will begin playing the game as NC, but with about a 2 out of 3 rate of success, will change factions to VS and make a video saying they like it better. The exceptions to this have been channels that rolled TR and stuck with it.

NC is UP pls buff? No. NC is worse for new players? Maybe. Traditionally considered "NC" style gunplay fits PC moreso than Console style gunplay? Most likely. Is this indicative of changes that need to be made to the PC version that would roll over to the console version as well? That is above my pay grade.

That's really all I have to say about things at this point, still too early in the PS4 Beta to say more, but suffice to say, it's a trend that I've noticed. I don't see anybody talking about the PS4 Beta, so I figured I'd bring it up at the least.
    • Up x 1
  2. Shadownium

Good. All the console peasants are going to be with the aliens. Mature PC noblemen will come to TR. For all of those in between, there is NC.
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

If all the noobs are going VS i guess I'm going to go TR. Notice how most noobs on PC go to NC and look how they do...
    • Up x 1
  4. Ballto21

To be fair the criteria for being an nc
    >Be new
    >Also be completely clueless

If you are not new
    >Be completely clueless
    >Also be a raging *******
    >Bonus points if youre 15 or younger
    >More bonus points if you ***** about other factions weapons. X2 multiplier if its the orion and you convieniantely ignore the NS-1FM is better stat wise and has 0.75 ADS.

And this is the very rare part of the NC. The glorious 10%
    >Be either really good, or at least decent at the game
    >Be a decent person
    >Be polite.
  5. DashRendar

Aww, so nice of you. Thank you.
    • Up x 2
  6. omfgweeee

why the nc hate from u guys? i know is hard to actualy have to compensate for recoil is a bit hard for aliens and daka daka fan boys but... cmon show some respect.
  7. gartho33

phfff... u think that ur the only one with recoil problems? TR have more horizontal shake than u can wave a stick at....
    • Up x 1
  8. Ballto21

Recoil compensation even on the nc is insanely easy. Your recoil is virtually nil on all but your 200 damage weapons, and even then its easy enough to control (and yes ive played nc, the name has been withheld for purposes of i dislike the nc)

It is not your guns that (i at least) and im sure most others have a problem with.

It is your toxic, screaming community that either consists of 20+ year olds who take the game way too seriously and will scream in command/region/proxy chat and feel entitled to everything and yell at someone for not playing the game their way
    people who are probably not even in high school or just got out of COD boot camp thinking everything must be the same or they have to be the best and constantly scream in yell chat or whispers about hacks, op weapons, etc, teamkill all the time sometimes by mistake sometimes just because **** you i have more of a right to shoot out this window

And then there are the worst of the worst. Every base i go to on my nc i have to mute at least three different people because they start proxy spamming music endlessly.

Any post i rip on the nc i have to say there are some very nice nc that i am good firends with and are not complete *****. They are the 10% that make the nc not a total pile of ****, but sadly they are the minority, and the majority warps everything.
  9. Ballto21

Try firing an orion full auto 40+ meters out.

(its horizontal shake is 0.2 points worse than the carv. not a big difference but also a pain in the ***)
  10. gartho33

so u can sympathize.
  11. DashRendar

Some TR recoil is admittedly really bad, having most of the weapons in game worth having I can definitely see that is worth saying. Some TR weapons are pretty fun though. The MCG and T1 Cycler are confirmed beasts, TRAC-5 is prob my fav Carbine, LYNX close behind, but no Carbine really feels special, just usable.
  12. DashRendar

I see you are on Jaeger/Waterson/Emerald, so I feel I am validated in saying this: lol, Wisdomcube. Yeah, most of us are aware of him, don't let him ruin your NC experience. A lot of us are cool easy going dudes.
  13. gartho33

dat spam yo....
  14. Ballto21

I have never actually had a conversation with him before, and ive even killed him once.

Well i poached his ESF from another scythe. Still got the kill, it counts.

But i can count on one hand how many people dont fit the **** criteria i have kept in contact with. Two hands that i havnt talked to for awhile.

Also i originate on pre-merge woodman, so i have bad memories of those nc along with the emerald nc.
  15. _itg

It's well known that NC's vertical recoil is not newbie-friendly, but it's also possible that it's even harder to compensate for on consoles. I'm not sure how aim assist actually works, but conceivably it could hold your crosshairs on target better with low-vertical-recoil weaponry. Finally, however many streams you've watched, that's still a small sample size, so you probably shouldn't put too much stock in any conclusions you draw from them.
  16. Chewy102

Aim assist helps with that. But the larger than normal vertical recoil that NC has combined with lower ROF makes for horrid gun control for a controller. With or without aim assist.

You can't really do much in countering jerky recoil movements with a pad. Analog just isn't up to the task for that. But use a weapon with a smoother ROF or just lower recoil overall and you have something that works better with analog.
  17. zaspacer

Links?

Sounds interesting, both the VS trend and how the PS4 is going. And while I can usually do good research, it sounds like you already have. So please list some of the links so we can all check out the buzz. Thx :)
  18. Opapanax

PS4 isn't actually dominated by Vanu, TR is actually the highest populated and has been the last week. So you're slightly misinformed there...

We console players are having our fun with the beta and will be getting our 2nd update along with character wipes so we will see what faction people choose after that.

So far it seems TR high population, Vanu 2nd highest with a growing interest in NC. You PC peasants are more than welcome to continue and watch us continue and enjoy. We are a mix of newer and some experienced players I'm not sure how much tactics actually differ between the two platforms but it's all genuine Planetside.
    • Up x 1
  19. ohmikkie

mmm very mature comment lol.
    • Up x 1
  20. DashRendar

Here are some of the ones I can remember:

Same guy^

I'll have to look around to find some of the others.
    • Up x 1