[PS4] Are cert points messed up?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BigJohnny, Aug 16, 2015.

1. BigJohnny

1 point per 250xp right? so I get 2600 xp and only 1 cert point..... did I miss something?
    • Up x 1
  2. Ryme Intrinseca

That's how it's supposed to work, I can't say I count each cert tho
  3. BigJohnny

I'm not exactly watching the points in the minimap, I've just noticed on the death screen that after I've had a run of like 2000+ XP, at the bottom left it says "certs: 3 +1" or whatever.

so I've played for like an hour or more, gotten many thousands of xp, and only received a total of 4 certs?
  4. Ryme Intrinseca

I always just looked at the XP number on the death screen. XP is hardly worthwhile if it's not turning into certs so I'll check the cert number next time I play.
  5. HateHoppersWJetpacks

I don't know about on the PS4, but on the PC I still see that bonus exp is messed up. There is no mission bonus exp, and the bonus exp is always miscalculating for one reason or another. I wouldn't be surprised if exp isn't translating into certs for some players.
  6. BigJohnny

if it isn't then we've all been greatly ******.

I'm not a good player, but there are a ton of ways to earn XP in this game, and at this point I should probably be sitting on thousands of certs.

Has nobody else ever picked up on this?
    I think I'm also missing out on daily certs now since GU2.

I'm going to fire up the game in a bit and maybe try to keep track of how many certs I'm earning.
  7. BigJohnny

I can tell you I definitely am not getting daily certs.

I signed in yesterday and played for a while, bought some stuff and had 174 certs when I logged out. Today when I sign in I still have 174 certs.

so far it looks like I've been ****** greatly. now to figure out if I'm actually getting 1 cert per 250xp or 2500xp
  8. Ryme Intrinseca

Are you a paid member? I think that's the only way you get daily (passive) certs.
  9. BigJohnny

they seem to be working fine.

What I'm confused about then is the "certs" stat on the death screen. Are those bonus certs you earn or something?
  10. BigJohnny

yeah, I am a paid member.

I'm not getting daily certs, which should be 48 for paid members, and 24 for free players.

I also don't have my 4th loadout slot unlocked.
  11. Ryme Intrinseca

Oh yeah, that's right about passive certs.
  12. Ryme Intrinseca

Confirmed that active certs aren't working. I got one cert for over 2000XP.
  13. BigJohnny

Were you watching the cert count down under the minimap?

That's what I had to do, I started with 174 points, then managed to be in the right place to get XP for a base cap, and my minimap certs went up to 182.
    Then a bit more XP, and I was 194 certs.

When my run came to an end (got shot right in the face) those certs didn't show up on the death screen, instead the death screen cert stat showed only +1

so I think those death screen +1's are some kind of bonuses.....

it's too bad we don't have anyone to confirm this, like a dev or something.
  14. Ryme Intrinseca

So you think it is working after all, just not showing on death screen? I'll check it out.
  15. BigJohnny

getting 1 cert every 250xp does seem to be working fine.
    getting passive certs isn't working