PS2 was a real waste of time tonight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadlyPeanutt, Jul 26, 2015.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

Entire server crashed on Connery. An alert on Emerald that wasn't awarding alert XP boost. several full platoons that weren't setting waypoints.

yikes!

In the last week I've had two or three servers crash while i was on them. disconnect and when I come back, the whole place is clear of players. this seems unusually high

this game seems to be wavering on the edge right now
  2. Necron

I just played on Connery for over 4 hours strait without a hitch.
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

On Cobalt, for some reason anyone who plays on Indar and Indar alone, will sometimes get disconnected. Happened to us yesterday and the day before that. :eek:

Though I admit the amusing part was that it happened just as VS were taking our techplant, we all logged back in and suddenly 96+ TR and 1-12 VS.
  4. 0fly0

Good so it's not just me, i try to play on cobalt last night it was terrible... 3 sec delay before cloacking and unclock, feeling like i was getting one shot by ha, i don't understand before the game was fine for me but now i have more and more problem to play without delay.
  5. FieldMarshall

Crashed 4 times on Miller yesterday.
    When i got back on, people were asking if everyone else crashed, so it wasent just me.
  6. Eternaloptimist

I played Miller and Cobalt last night (all continents) with no problems whatsoever. Just lucky I guess, But I have heard others say that you can get a bad connection sometimes on the EU servers and if you do, exit game then relog. Somethign to do with getting a different connection?
  7. Villanuk

I must be lucky, i have not seen a crash for months.
  8. DeadlyPeanutt

just to be clear, this wasn't a client crash, this was a server crash: an active server that was cleared by a crash. everyone had to log back in. this server had a couple of hundred people playing on it.

This is insane in today's gaming environment. and for it to happen more than once is unforgivable.
  9. DeadlyPeanutt

again, I wouldn't whine publicly about my client crashing. that happens now and then. this was a full server crash with all players booted. A sever crash is a major problem in an MMO. It may have been emerald, i can't really recall.

and i've experienced full server crashes on PS2 several times in the past week or so. Unusual and a significant problem.
  10. RadarX

We'll obviously take a look but that seems like an extraordinary number of crashes. We did have one issue with EU servers over the weekend but the US should have been mostly ok. We appreciate you reporting it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Stormsinger

The issue was about 2/3 of the way through the Esamir alert, late evening, central standard time. When I hopped back in, all platoons were down, and there had been a ~5 minute rollback on territory captures (the previous 5 minutes never happened, once the area came back up) - People in my outfit on Amerish and Indar were still around, so it looks to have been localized on Esamir. Double XP was off when I returned.

I am told that a similar issue happened in the Amerish alert several hours prior to the Esamir alert, not sure what happened before that. It seems to be an issue that always occurs at the 40+ minute mark, into an alert. Playing from 6 PM to midnight on an average evening, I see crashes mid-alert between two and five nights a week, in general - usually only on the continent the alert is taking place on. Graphical hitching sometimes occurs prior to a crash, other times it's without warning.
  12. Crator

Had it happen this past weekend. When I got back on another player was spamming yell chat saying the cause is due to too many cheaters bogging down the servers. I don't know if that is true so I just put him on ignore list.

So you guys have nothing that tells you if the server crashed and reset in logs? I would have thought this would be an automatic report seen everyday.
  13. Wargrim

Are you seriously suggesting that you have no automatic system in place that notices that somehow, every player on an entire continent got disconnected at the same time and triggers a warning? ( This does not necessarily have to be a full map/server crash that gets logged mind you, could also be another bug, like the good old zone crashes that did send entire regions of players out of the game ... ) Because if you think that all is fine and dandy with the servers, and need players to manually write you reports that Godzilla just appeared and ate every player at once, you might want to have a damned Godzilla detection system in place! ( In this case, Godzilla = mass disconnect. Cant miss it if you have even ONE gm playing. Or track population / disconnects. )

For the record, i experienced a full map population disconnect this weekend on Emerald. Ill make sure to report Godzilla next time, as he seems to be too subtle for you to notice.
    • Up x 1
  14. BlueSkies

Alert continents have been crashing on US and EU (Miller and Emerald from my own experience) servers for a couple of days now. Continent comes right back up with at most a few minutes of lost time, but all players that were on that continent get a "You have been disconnected from the server" message and have to relog.

Of course, when the continent comes back up the double XP (over the weekend) and +30% Alert Bonus XP don't activate even though the alert is still running.
  15. ronjahn

Emerald player here who was subject to a server crash at least 4 times on Sunday. I reported one after logging back in.
  16. DeadlyPeanutt

Playing an Indar alert on emerald right now. TR if that makes a difference. No alert bonuses at all. Servers are acting screwy as anything.
  17. DeadlyPeanutt

Look into it? So if your servers crash several times in a single day, it's not a major problem that everyone at your company is aware of? How is it that you're not already aware of servers crashing in your game?

Don't servers tell someone when they crash repeatedly? Is that person asleep? If so, please wake them up.

I'm holding myself back from some major sarcasm here: something to do with teenagers running game servers in their basement.
    • Up x 1
  18. DeadlyPeanutt

FYI

All PlanetSide 2 servers, both PC and PS4, will be unavailable beginning at 6 AM PT (2 PM CET) for a small update to address a zone crash issues. Downtime is anticipated to be minimal.
  19. RadarX

I'm seriously suggesting that I personally do not get alerts when zones crash. Regardless of whether we get alerts or not it's probably more important we figure out why they are happening which we did on Monday. If you are still experiencing this please let us know.