[PS2.PICKUP] Nightly PTS playtest Pickups!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Dotz0r, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Dotz0r

[IMG]

Hi boys and girls!

PS2.Pickup is looking at doing more Public Pickups due to increasing popularity of Server Smash on a Saturday.Most of you are aware, especially if you have partaken in our pickups before will know to some degree that due to server smash our pickup side of life has taken a massive down turn. Due to cancellation / clashes with the Server Smash we have had to cancel or pay little attention to the public pickup. We know we have neglected the public pickup side of things, but trust me - it was not intentional.

We intend to go back to where we left off, getting the pickups a bit more active. On several days, on potentially different times. We are going to be hosting nightly (Starting Tuesday) Nightly PTS playtest pickups on Hossin.
    With the main aim of testing Hossin. However - the usual sketch of PAL Bases / ruleset will still go ahead. However - like most pickups, its all decided together as a group and depending on what the players choose, we will do. These sort of events are used to try and get an organized fight going on PTS, among other things. Basically, you turn up on the Pickup TS3 - join our Public Pickup waiting room at the time / date stated below - you will be put into a shuffler. Playing with and against people from many different servers.

Even though we have ServerSmash, due to our recent open meeting - our expanding of our rep-team has allowed me to finally sink some time into what i hold dear - Public scrims on the PTS. If you have any questions or wonder what a pickup is. Then below are some examples.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

**Public Pickup highlights**

[INI] Pella

[NUC] Serh0

____________________________________________________________________________________________

This **Tuesday till Sunday** (15th - 20th April) at 21:00UTC /22:00BST / 17:00EST / 14:00 PST we are going to be running Public pickup on PTS. With the main aim of getting pickup side of things back on track.

**This will be our experiment at a nightly pickup. Our main focus will be to organize fights on the PTS. Whilst also trying out new bases / bugs and anything inbetween, such as Shaql hunting. We did a similar thing before amerish was released**

• Tuesday - 21:00UTC / 22:00BST / 14:00EST / 17:00PST
    • Wednesday - 21:00UTC /22:00BST / 14:00EST / 17:00PST
    • Thursday - 21:00UTC /22:00BST / 14:00EST / 17:00PST
    • Friday - 21:00UTC /22:00BST / 14:00EST / 17:00PST
    • Saturday - 21:00UTC / 22:00BST / 14:00EST / 17:00PST
    End times for all events 2330 UTC / 0030 BST / 1630 EST / 1930 PST

Matches May continue after the stated finish time depending on numbers

NOTE : if i got the times / abbreviations wrong, let me know! - will cause less pain later on!

For more Information on any PS2.PICKUP event - I.E picku /Server Smash

http://ps2-pickup.enjin.com/home

This event will happen on our TS3. 85.236.100.188:12667

As you can see, we want to have a consistent time which allows mass-servers / timezone to play. BUT more / different timezones are in the works. WE - PS2.PICKUP, are actively seeking volunteers both EU and US to help host / run our pickups. Even tough *Thanks to the Open meeting* we have some more Server Smash help, we also need Public Pickup and potentially help when we do our occasional spin-off - such as O v O etc.

There has been a habit, of pickup players turning up 15-20 minutes after the start time, yes you can join whenever you want throughout the night - but please try and turn up earlier if possible so we can get the games going sooner.

If you were a pickup player pre-Server Smash, we would like you to know - that we cannot wait to see you back in the pickups. Yes, serversmash caused us to delay / cancel - but with our newly upgraded Teamspeak - we can finally make room. As long as Lanzer does not plan the next next SS as 250 vs 250 :O

PLEASE NOTE : IF YOU ARE THERE FOR THE PICKUPS, PLEASE STAY IN THE PUBLIC WAITING ROOM. SO WE KNOW THERE IS PEOPLE WANTING TO PLAY. IF THERE IS OTHER EVENTS ON - I.E SERVERSMASH OR MEETINGS - PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB. WE ARE VERY BUSY PEOPLE, BUT IF YOU ARE CONFUSED - THEN PLEASE DROP US A POKE OR A MESSAGE. IF WE SEE YOU IN THE CORRECT CHANNELS THEN WE KNOW WE CAN ASSIST YOU.

- We had dramas of people joining our open meeting, and with us seeing no public players in the public pickup channel, we thought nobody had turned up, nor did anyone ask about them. Hence why pickup was played 1 hour 30 late on 12/04/14. However, i did derp and plan 3 things at the same time. Also did not help. So i apologize.
  2. Dotz0r

bump - Tomorrow Night, 21:00 UTC / 22:00BST / 17:00EDT / 14:00PDT!

TS3. 85.236.100.188:12667