PS2 DEVS GETTING RID OF PLAYERS ON PURPOSE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JDS999, Aug 16, 2018.

1. BamaRage

Some ability to coordinate is better than none. Now they have eliminated any ability to work together with other platoons. Devs Are Idiots
  2. ChUnKiFieR

As for the opening post being badly written, it only shows what they are not teaching in the schools. As for the game notes the OP spoke of, well lets just say that most people don't like change.

That being said, I fail to see why you people don't understand that this is a profit based game never meant to be player centrist. Weapons change not because they were a bad decision for the game but because that particular weapon was no longer bringing in sufficient income. This has been going on for years and will continue to go on until the servers are shut down permanently.

As player numbers continue to decline we will see more and more changes as DBG tries harder and harder to wring out every last penny from the game they can. When the game no longer supports labor and server costs, the game shuts down.

I guess you people think because you DONATED to the game that you have some say in it. You don't! You can't buy the game so you have no voice except for the b******* and moaning they allow you complainers here, which rarely goes any further.

So shut up go play the game instead of hanging out here and maybe just maybe we can all squeeze out a little more playing time before Planetside 2 goes the way of the Dodo bird.
  3. Skraggz

Locks or not, 3 ESFs is still a team vs 3 man lib crew, only difference is the ESFs at this point now cost 1050 nanites. Most people will agree that they don't like the locks, I rarely use them.
  4. Blam320

In case you've forgotten, the Devs already teased the changes being made to the game to promote this kind of coordination.

In a Reddit post describing the changes to spawning they have in the works, it was accidentally let slip that Outfits will be able to band together into larger Alliances.
  5. FateJH

They should have released that update first and then decided that the other methods of coordination were redundant. Even then, though, the reason for removing the redundacy should have been better justified.
    • Up x 1
  6. Blam320

As has been said before, Command chat was barely used, if at all, for it's intended purpose. It was redundant long before Alliances and the proposed changes to respawns came about.

Leader chat still exists, and IMO is better for promoting smarter inter-outfit coordination since Platoon leaders will be chatting with each other, then relaying orders to their troops, rather than someone broadcasting a message faction-wide.
  7. Gutseen

Yo, scubbyes. Is the gaem still gud?
    Can i snipe from 650+ meters away or DB fixed it?
  8. BamaRage

Command channel was used all the time and was often a pain but still better than nothing.
    • Up x 1
  9. FateJH

If the argument for why Command Chat is irrelevant were self-evident or obvious, this thread would not exist.
    • Up x 1
  10. Armcross

Better than nothing.
    • Up x 1
  11. Blam320

In what server? Connery VS was a madhouse of stupidity in Orders chat. Leader chats are just broken.
  12. BamaRage

Emerald
  13. BamaRage

Oh and something is still better than nothing....
  14. Blam320

Emerald has historically been more organized than Connery.

And as for my philosophy on the matter, "something is better than nothing" is stupid. I would rather not have Orders chat than only have people advertising for their squads. It wasn't being used for it's intended function, and no changes could fix that.

Besides, I think we established that this is a change that lines up with the Devs' future plans for Outfits and faction leadership.
  15. Movoza

Changing things makes people leave, regardless what you do. Not changing makes people leave, regardless what you do.

It isn't driving people away, it's trying to keep an as large as possible playerbase interested and pissibly some new people/returning players. But whatever they do, they'll always push some people away.