PS2 DEVS GETTING RID OF PLAYERS ON PURPOSE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JDS999, Aug 16, 2018.

1. JDS999

First they take away the ability for dalton to one shot esf's, 2ed (i guess about 30 people got real good with dalton but thats about 30 piolets and 30 gunners that dont play any more bc of it).they nerf hesh, if anything hesh was fine for infintry but did way to much damage to vehicles. 3rd they take away orders and leader chat, what are they turning this game into.Now there scaring the people away who want to use teamwork? when this game came out i thought it was the best game ever created...(and still has the potential to be) its the new update today and the cont wasnt even full at peak hours on emerald which it usally is every past night.One would think with a new game update many more people would be on. imo this game was saposed to be a teamwork strategy game where people work together and use the paper rock scissor method to counter the opponent. a few more updates like the last few and it seems like only 100 or so people will be left. so im the only one that is thinking this? the nc on emerald actually did the opposite of orders but thats what u get when trying to tell someone with a freedom mindset what to do.. It just seems instead of working together and taking a few extra mins to create a strategic farm, people would rather just spawn n run to a point. Mabey im just out with the times. imo more people quit this game every month because the just keep seeing it go downhill...i still have fun in this game but idk....
  2. Smoo

Did they also get rid of your ability to coherently format a post that's NOT a wall of text?

Paragraphs, man.

Also, your spelling is kind of terrible and it makes you look bad.
    • Up x 3
  3. FLHuk

4. JobiWan

If nerfing HESH gets rid of the kind of saddo that is happy to sit on a hill lobbing shells at doorways for hours on end, then I'm all for driving them away.
    • Up x 4
  5. Eternaloptimist

But I like stalking them with my LA and blowing them up! (Q: what's the last thing that goes through a hill campers mind? A: His backside propelled by 2x C4).
  6. Pacster3

Well, that order chat is gone is a real low blow. No idea what's up with that. Granted, 95% didn't care for the orders chat and like 30% of players that gave out orders had no idea of the game. Still in 70% of cases it was at least a valuable warning, although not being a reliable warning system(since often there have either been no orders or they cam too late to react).
    Without that chat I got the feeling that it's even more "let the zerg run free and roll the dice who will win depending on in which direction it will move".
    The rest is fine but that decision is highly questionable.
  7. Skraggz

One shoting esfs was stupid, glad it's gone. People tried to claim it was "skill" most of the time it was a lotto. If it was so Much "skill" to land that dalton you wouldnt complain about having to do it twice, it would be easy.
  8. Armcross

Rainbow 6 is free for this weekend.
  9. x360pc

square toe,s are the best words for the pc version,nobody pushes the objective.the last thing you need to add to open world are zero,s.Give the game back to sony because its been poorly developed.Not having crossplatforming is just laziness on the devs part.id sack this entire team and start again.it has potential but not with this company.nerf,nerf,nerf.
  10. JDS999

says the guys that prolly farms infantry with lol pods and flys in a straight line, fyi 3 rounds of a2a missiles kill a lib but takes 8 Dalton shots to kill another lib. hesh shots still one shot esfs?
  11. Skraggz

Assuming things doesn't help your argument. Your statement wasn't how many daltons hits kill libs nor a2a it was praying for the lotto OHK dalton to come back.
  12. Silkensmooth

Umm yeah ohk dalton very unfun with aimbotters and even without.

Some skill yes. Lot of luck yes.

Even with the dalton nerf it still sets an ESF on fire and if you have a competent tailgunner the result is the same.

Hesh spam is still here. It still isnt fun. Needed more downward adjustment imo.

On my server (Connery) ive seen things written in Orders chat maybe 5 times and ive been playing this game pretty much steady since Dec 2012.

The devs are doing a decent job. They still have a lot more cheese to clean up, but the changes you mentioned were good ones.
  13. PoopDatGame OUT!

Dunno i just play the game and i really hate big squads but i can deal with small squads or just prox chat..people just talk to dang much,but to the topic..i have no clue.
  14. Pat22

Besides, it still remains incredibly effective if you switch to the tail gun after landing a dalton hit to finish off the ESF with a less powerful but easier to use AA weapon. Missiles, Walker, etc...
    • Up x 3
  15. Pacster3

I don't see a reason to get rid of the orders chat on Connery then either.
  16. Skraggz

I'm totally fine with it, it's not a OHK, and as is it promotes teamplay for a 3 person vehicle. Rather then seeing all these solo libs flying around looking for esfs to one shot with a HEAVILY luck based weapon under the guise of "skill". Again if it was "Skill" they wouldn't be upset about landing 2 of the shots, it would be easy as they have the skill to land them.

(I know your not saying your disputing it, just furthering my point)
    • Up x 2
  17. adamts01

The only thing I feel bad about is players finding something they love (solo libbing) just to have that ability erased 5 years down the road. But I do agree with the change and think it was a definite improvement in overall A2A combat. Now if only that ****ter air-lock mechanic and coyote jousting were adjusted we could have some decent air combat.
    • Up x 1
  18. Blam320

Orders Chat on Connery was:

1) Largely Ignored by the majority of players.

2) Used to advertise for open squads.

3) Used by the Wildcards to post completely asinine orders that would involve taking away troops from needed fronts and adding to their brainless zerg, which likely just came up against stiff resistance, resulting in a balanced fight.
  19. JDS999

i guess my argument is who should win an air duel then a 3 man team in a lib.... or 3 esfs with a2a lockons that do 33% even with shreedder and hyenya and the lib team landed every shot the esfs would win most of the time. i guess its not that big of i deal i still hold my own flying but with each change i feel the game is getting worse and players are not playing as much. wheres the skill a2a lockons the lockon are for lib is so big even my 5 year old kid can get a lock.... just saying not much of big deal just ranting.
  20. BamaRage

Well this latest update proves to me that the devs are idiots and just like screwing with us.....