PS:A delayed again (summer) - pre-orders refunded

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, Feb 16, 2019.

1. DarkStarAnubis

2. strikearrow

I'm impressed. It takes serious courage to essentially admit a royal mess and attempt to mitigate the damage.
  3. Sky_collapsed BL

I agree. So many games these days just try and make a total mess of a game work and it just damages the games chances. Take Quake champions for example. It has been over a year and it still has issues with the core game engine and they are just trying to make it work instead of saying **** it and doing it all over again and it just makes everyone other than uber hardcore AFPS fans not want to play it.

Absolute credit to DBG where it is due. Major balls admitting something doesn't work to your customer base and investors and delaying it.
  4. Liewec123

i'm not sure why they're bothering to make a P2P BR game anyway...
    even if it was F2P the market is over-saturated, but with a pricetag...why bother?
    they should have just put all of that effort into PS2 and marketed PS2 like crazy when DX11 rolls out.
    • Up x 1
  5. Towie

I'm with you there - they must have taken a look at Apex and decided they needed to polish Arena much more (indeed, releasing soon wouldn't be a great idea with the hysteria around Apex).

Oh and Apex have banned 16000 players already for cheating. It's only been out 2 weeks - and they don't even have an in-game report - geez...
    • Up x 1
  6. DarkStarAnubis

After much consideration, we’ve decided to postpone the current PC-only release date and launch simultaneously across PC and PlayStation 4 this summer. We’ve always envisioned PlanetSide Arena as a way for players to experience the epic gameplay of the PlanetSide universe, through fast-paced, combined arms combat and massive-scale multiplayer modes. We believe that delivering the most polished version of PlanetSide Arena that meets these expectations, on both platforms, outweighs any other consideration.

if that is true, then would be by far more effective to add a simple "Battle Royal" or "X versus X" alert types to PS2 when the population is below a certain number instead of adding all the other parts of PS2 to Arena...

All you need is to add crates/lootboxes with pre-canned weapons sets and implants and off you go.

And add "X versus X" (100 vs 100, 200 vs 200, ...) alert types by equipping everybody as NSO with 2 different colors.

Heck they could have all the continents open for various alerts types so people may also choose in which continent to play.
  7. icufos

Good decision. I WON'T be requesting a refund.
    Quite happy for them to keep my money till PSA comes out.
    Apex Legends was a big surprise for everyone. I've downloaded it and had a go at the training bit.
    It wasn't really my thing so still playing PS2 with a vengeance.:cool:
  8. strikearrow

Of course that's not that many considering they have 2.5 million players...