[Suggestion] Proxy mines don't kill that much anymore.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Dec 11, 2022.

1. AntDX316

Proxy mines don't kill that much anymore even if they are standing directly on top of it. Unless they are wearing flak of course but who does that as an infiltrator??

I've seen it many times where it does not kill. The blast radius of the Proxy mine should be significantly bigger or at least it should do 1200 damage where it's at. Maybe make them cost 50 Nanites instead of 100??
  2. Shadowpikachu

After nanoweave nerf it isn't uncommon people run flak, as an infil it's actually pretty useful to not die when crouched in a corner and a random nade comes through.
  3. Yaesu

You still catch a few BUT. Some I started doing as a Stalker is stealthing my way in the middle of a group, unstealthing dropping mines, boom. Yesterday, Snake Ravine, there were several standing around the point. I stealthed into the middle, unstealthed laying my 2 mines about 4 feet apart. And yes, while I did die too, I took 5 of them with me. Always fun at parties.
  4. Demigan

Good! Mines shouldnt kill by themselves.

Mines should be like 5 or 10 nanites a pop, not be stackable (detonate when placed too close to one another, dont worry you see the exclusion zone), deal relatively minor damage (say 250) and have a base capacity of something like 5 upgradable to 10+.

The point of mines should be a force multiplier, not something that kills on its own. Cheap, non-kill mines are much more fun for the victim who can respond to one while any smart user can still benefit immensely. You can place them in a field for area denial where enemies running inside have to either shoot them or run in and take the damage. If you watch over your mines you can easily be a lot stronger as enemies get damaged and are easier to kill.
    You can also use them to detect enemies. Place one in the right spot and an enemy has to detonate it to approach whatever objective they have, alerting you and allies of their presence. It also slows enemies down as they have to be on the lookout for more mines (which might not be there) and possible attacks.
  5. AuricStarSand

Just when I want to take a break, for yoga, ps2 draws me to return. Have quit POE however. PS2 is easier to moderate at least. For weekends.

Anyhow. Yes the mines are overpriced they are 150 nanites for 2. I always have light vehicle discount solo outfit module. With ASP, my harasser is 150 nanites. Are 2 mines that half the time get shot at, worth a harasser? no.

I'd also like to have 3 per run, without some asp reason for 3 or armor mine slot as I require run speed from adrenaline.

So 3 proximity mines for Infils. At 50 nanites a proximity mine.
    I find they kill just fine, to each their own. 3/4th of the time they'll kill, that's good enough.

1) However people shooting them from seeing them on the ground.
    2) People shooting them from Sweeper implant
    3) & people shooting them from Avoidance implant

Equals they are better at 50 nanites.

As for utility mines like flash mines. Those are twice as less effective as proximity mines. So if I was 3 proximity mines per run, than utility mines require for entertainment reasons to have twice more. Meaning 6 utility mines per run. 6 flash mines, plus the other types for all empires. Emp, concuss mines.

Utility mines are worth half the price of a flash grenade, as you don't have to babysit flash grenades, you use flash grenades or utility grenades wherever you want. You have to babysit these mines. & flash grenades you get to use them on multiple enemies. While flash mines 98% of the time only one guy steps on them.

So for utility mines that aren't even good for hunter stealth, as you have to wait behind a box with stalker stealth only for them to trigger. Then utility mines are worth 25 nanites. & if you only have 2 to use & not 6 then I don't want to equip them.

Same for infil's proximity mines, 2 is not enough, require 3, why? well for stalker these mines are half of the entertainment of a stalker. So 2 for 150 nanites < 3 for 150 nanites = every run.

I'd also want to get rid of Reacon pods or recon darts for infils. Infils don't need recon, they use stealth to scout, they don't need the mini map as well. They only need their eyes & stealth. Also recon is boring, HA get a rocket launcher, I want something offenseive for my main for the front line.

Medics deserve recon tools. Infils require something else. I'd want a button that gives me free catwalk jumps yet even higher jumps for 30 secs, so I may jump over peoples body when knifing. That's a better tool, then any mini map stuff. Medics get recon pods & darts, as medics plays defensively.

Snipers are always op to some degree so they don't need to see enemies sneaking at them who just hiked a hill to find them. & SMG & Knife pistol stalkers don't need recon as they should play kamikazee runs. Where your just lunging at the enemy, with yes some sneaky stuff, yet still not so defensively your literally hunting dots on the mini map no. So we need run speed or jump height tools, or else a new damage weapon tool.

Other than that. Still waiting for the Avatar Bow & new stealth utility devoted to knifers:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...lternate-infiltrator-playstyles.260040/page-2
  6. AntDX316

I'm trying to aurax Proxy and Plasma to get ARX C4.
  7. AntDX316

I get lots of kills when people are 3-way battling in the tunnels at Nason''s Defiance or tunnels in the Ascent caves.