[Suggestion] Proximity Repair Deployment

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Dargadon, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Dargadon

Greetings, comrades. Bringing this to your judge.

Deployment. Pretty big, about 1 meter in height, bulky dispenser-like thing with holografic wrench icon above it. Equipped in Tool slot ("Turret" slot may work too, but it`ll make engineer ultimate repair machine). Have deploy cooldown around 45 seconds.

Slowly repairing (about 30% or 50% of basic repair tool amount) any friendly deployables, vehicles, turrets and MAX suits in 5-6 meters range. Have almost same overheat mechanic as basic tool, in exception when it runs out of charge it`s repair strength drops down to 5-10% until full recovery). Charge accumulation can be fastened up by Engineer-owner constantly being right next to it.

Certification line allows to reduce deploy cooldown down to 30 seconds, increase range (optional, discussable) and overheat limit (optional, discussable).

So, here it is. Would like to hear some constructive criticism or votes, so we can get this thing to game.
    • Up x 1
  2. repairtool6

Hmm nah that sound just like the repair-sundy, we already have that?
    Sorry dont really see this happening.

But we'll see..
  3. Mongychops

What it looks more like to me, is a medic shield bubble, but for MAXes and AI/AV/Spitfire/Phalanx turrets. The range is too short to be really useful for vehicles except in certain situations.

OP: I'm not sure whether it is right that this would go in the turret slot or the tool slot either. One possibility is to have it go in the "tool" slot, but when you place it, it despawns whatever turret you have up (to prevent you having two deployables at once).
  4. Dargadon

Well, Proximity device was brainstormed as another tool to give Engineer different ways to repair things. Like medic`s regeneration field is optional, so this is. Player wants fast one-target repair tool - he grabs default applicator. So - tool slot ;)
  5. Ianneman

Set up next to a MAX camping outside spawn room doors in Bio Lab = BR100 in a week
  6. Xenoraptor

I love the smell of NC defending a Biolab in the morning...
    This is a repairing tool without overheating, which could easily become OP.
    I'd rather wish for a deployable shield.
  7. Dargadon

I wonder sometimes, do people even care to read?
  8. Xenoraptor

*sits in a corner ashamed*
    Guess i just read what i wanted to read, while thinking aout the repair sunderer.
    • Up x 1
  9. PYROxSYCO

Maybe it replaces the turrent.
  10. HeavyMetalCelt

I NEED one. Definitely like the idea of it replacing the repair tool. I like range upgradability but can see it getting out of hand easily, same for orverheat, because is still working when in that state.
    • Up x 1