Proximity radar changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phrygen, Jul 24, 2013.

1. jak

I can't wait to sit in trees waiting for tanks to roll under me!
  2. Rift23

Go look up any C4-thread: soon as someone suggests proxy radar there's screaming and wailing about losing their super-cool awesome ability in the trade off.

And if they take an AI turret over an AV turret they might just lose their epic 1v1 tank showdown.
  3. Haruk

Unless that infiltrator is the squad leader, getting in position for squad deploy c4 ambush. :eek:
  4. FrontTowardEnemy

I have to say, life as an infil just got harder. Can't stay cloaked. Can't move. WTF.

Although, it remains to be seen how many people will actually cert and use Prox. RADAR. It'll be interesting to see if people choose it over other options.
  5. Kevorkian

Its a nerf to only offensive radar usage. And Proximity shouldn't give you 100% protection. Only detecting movement, gives infantry a fighting chance where in most cases they're severely outgunned with no chance. It's range was slightly increased, and the pulses are faster. I don't consider the changes a buff or a nerf, just a refinement of what Proximity is supposed to be, and that's a defensive tool.
  6. EliteEskimo

This changes nothing Jak.....

Until they fix this every time I enter an area with trees I'll simply look up more often, and if I see you in a tree jak, well you know the rest....

[IMG]
  7. Haterade

I never said it can only be used on Sunderers; it's just that the only armor I pull on a regular basis is the Sunderer.

This is a silly argument:

You know what also works in all these situations? Hit markers. Just toss a round into the tree of building.

Proximity Radar will be bad as long as it only works for people inside a vehicle. Period.
  8. KlyptoK

I can't use proximity radar, but I will say those changes are not what I would consider a buff. :/
  9. jak

You would be one of those dirty tankers that uses Thermal scopes, you dirty rascal...
    • Up x 1