Proximity Mine pricing - 75!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by yama, Nov 21, 2012.

1. yama

This includes Bouncing Bettys amd Claymores.

50 during the last weeks of beta was bad enough.
    75 is just mental.
  2. Brian

I cant believe it cost 600 certs to carry TWO claymores!!!!! PS1 you could carry upto 5 as an infil
  3. SirBurning

They decreased the required exp for 1 cert to 250.
    So effectively, in beta it was 500:1 , 50 certs for proximity mines
    Now its 250:1 , 75 certs
    So that means its actually 25% cheaper now than it was in beta.
  4. yama

ehm.. Infantry resources.. not certs :)

Cert cost for them changed like this:
    90-180 in beta to 200-400 now.

The resource cost per piece change:
    50 -> 75

The later is what I have grief with.. 75 resources per mine is insane.
  5. Tnsr

Like to buy them but I've never seen any mine in the game so far. Are they one hit killing infantry?
  6. m44v

never had problems with the resource cost, the problem is finding a terminal for resupply.
    buy them, they are pretty useful, they one hit infantry most of the time, but not always.
  7. KorJax

To be fair

They are garunteed kills every time as long as you don't put them somewhere stupid

And if you are in a situation where you are above a group of 10-15 guys (such as at the Techplant chokepoint)... you have 10-15 garunteed kills that can't be easily avoided.

Meanwhile a grenade will bounce over everything as if it had no gravity, plus it has a giant idiot sign on it so everyone knows theres one there. Which makes them much harder to garuntee a kill with.

EDIT: only time I saw a guy survive against one was an HA with a mostly-full nanoshield up and he didn't even get directly near the mine, it was just slightly outside the maxium damage zone when he triggered it.
  8. Beltway

Well worth the purchase, but keep in mind cloaked infiltrators can bypass them without setting them off. Also if timed correctly infantry can sprint past them and survive the blast.
  9. Worthless

And don't forget... they still don't work. They have a tiny detonation radius, a small blast radius, a trigger lag. Any laggy player will survive a blast if they are sprinting. They despawn randomly. They don't kill people landing on jump pads. They cost more than a nade and they are less deadly. Everything is bad
  10. Tnsr

Sounds great. One more useless gimmick.
    SOE nerfed the Infiltrator to death because of the whine of the other classes, or do I get something wrong so far?
  11. Fafnir

You're about right. MAXes got the same treatment.
  12. Flarestar

All of the specialized munitions are that way or higher. Flashbangs, concussion grenades, antivehicle grenades, etc.

It really isn't a problem, just blow your infantry resources on them every few respawns. Shouldn't run out.
  13. blzbug

I just got the cert last night, so I haven't tried them yet with the release code. In beta, I always carried 2 and fondled them like my own gonads. One pair gives life, the other takes it away :D

If they haven't been nerfed in utility, they are fantastic. For me, they worked great on landing pads, stairwells, spawn hut exits, gen hut doorways, anyplace with high traffic and some corners or something to hide their presence as the target was approaching.

They don't despawn randomly. They DO despawn when you change class, which is annoying. SOE was supposed to change that. Did it get fixed for release?

Laggy players can survive things they shouldn't. That's not the mine's fault.

I agree fully that the increase to 75 resources is bunk. More hate for the inf, to go with our stolen shotguns.
  14. ScorpDK

I would love it if they made a type of proximity mine that could be placed on walls and ceilings or hell, vehicles. Infiltrator putting a prox-mine on the back of a tank to make sure the engineer coming for repairs gets a nasty surprise.

Not sure how bad the pricing is as I haven't used them to see how effectively I can use them, but it's still better than during a point in beta where you would dump 150-250 resources into a brick of C4 or healing grenade.
  15. hostilechild

I always have plenty of resources to keep grens/prox maxed so cost right now isn't an issue. C4 however is pricey but at least has a bigger radius and 2 takes out a tank.
    Set in the right places Prox mines work fine (or when someone chases you :mad: ) . True a shielded HA won't die and an LA can just be slightly off ground and not hit it. Gets a MAX to around 25%.

My only issue with them is they should not go off near a DEAD body. Need to fix that bug, prevents placement a lot in my best spots.
  16. KorJax

I'm going to guess most of you have'nt seriously used it

Because everytime I placed one down and an enemy was near, it kills him guarnteed. If multiple E are in the area, I win.

This thing is incredible for making an escape too, after you are discovered capping a point. Just run up/down the stairs, drop a prox mine and laugh as the guy runs after you only to explode.

They also act as sticky grenades - drop them down ledges where lots of E are (aka your typical techplant situation), and watch as everyone dies.