Proximity and Scout Radar Changes and Differences

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crackulous, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Crackulous

Just need a little clarification here. I know that the proximity radar only picks up a signature if the enemy is in motion, but does this apply to the scout radar for ESFs as well? I often scout areas around bases where infiltrators could snipe. If they remain still, does this mean I wouldn't be able to detect them through this method?

On the other hand, if I can still infiltrators, even if they are cloaked, it would be considered a buff to the radar then (disregarding the flash's capabilities). Any confirmation would be immensely helpful. Thanks!

Here's the section regarding the changes from the patch notes:

Proximity and Scout Radar Changes

Proximity Radar
    Old Description “Hostiles near the vehicle are revealed on the minimap for all vehicle occupants.”

New Description “Detects the movement of hostile soldiers near the vehicle and reveals them the mini-map for all vehicle occupants.”
    • Proximity Radar range increased from 20/30/40/50 to 30/35/40/50
    • Proximity Radar now updates every ½ second instead of 2 seconds
    • Proximity Radar now detects cloaked infiltrators, like the recon tool
    • Proximity Radar now only detects moving players, like the recon tool
    Scout Radar
    Old Description “Enemies near the vehicle will appear on the map of nearby allies for up to 25 meters.”

New Description: “Detects hostile enemies near the vehicle and reveals them on the mini-map for all nearby allies. The vehicle must be occupied for scout radar to function.”
    • Scout Radar now detects cloaked infiltrators, like the recon tool
    • Scout Radar now only functions if the vehicle is occupied
    • For the Flash version:
      • Scout Radar range increased from 25/50/75/100 to 40/60/80/100