Prox Mines Have Blinkers?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Puppy, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Puppy

If this is the case may I ask why? Currently No empire explosive has anything that lights up (except for TR claymores 1% of the time). Aren't they all supposed to be hard to see? Are all anti infantry explosives getting this?
  2. EnviousCipher

The claymore is directional, the bouncing better and proxy mines are omni directional. Add into the fact that the Vanu mines regularly fall into the ground (and at night pretty much invisible due to the colour), and this change becomes necessary.

You're just going to have to stop putting them down willy nilly and actually think about what you're doing instead of exploiting a bug. Deal with it.
    • Up x 4
  3. Puppy

I would highly prefer the TR claymores. They can be placed behind corners without being walked over. Harder to see and harder to shoot without it exploding.
  4. EnviousCipher

You don't have to walk over proxy mines, just walk near them, so learn to place them more strategically instead of exploiting a bug.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ruvan

This is a good all around change, even if it doesn't benefit my own faction as much as it does TR. The less skill-less thoughtless one shot mechanics in the game the better.

Just place them properly by the side of a door, or around a corner now. Good players already use them like this.
    • Up x 2
  6. Malsvir Vishe

The lights put the betties and prox mines on a level playing field with Claymores. This is balanced.
  7. Nichivo

Sigh! This is silly just like the HUGE tank mines. All they needed to do was give TR a low profile AI mine. Not dumb the game down even more.
  8. Puppy

How? I do not really understand.. Can you explain it?
  9. gnometheft

I just hope they consider making it 'blip' less frequently, blinking rapidly is going to be MUCH more of a giveaway than TR claymorelasers
  10. WookLordz

Just more catering to the ADD, twitch, run and gun, "I don't need to stick with my squad," any-tactics-are-camping, CoD wannabe, situational-awareness-what-is-that? crowd...
    • Up x 3
  11. Copasetic

Not really. Claymores have to be placed out of sight because of the lasers and the tall profile, now the others also have to be placed out of sight due to the blinking lights. Seems fair to me.
    • Up x 1
  12. gnometheft

Yes, it will be. Blinking lights definitely catch more attention than a 1' near invisble laser. Betties are pretty noticable as is, im not saying get rid of the blinking light, but i think it might blink a bit too much
  13. WookLordz

Yeah, but claymores are directional. They are meant to be tucked away behind a door or around a corner, as someone just need to step in front of it. Now the other faction mines you actually need to step on them (or near enough.)
  14. WookLordz

God, I swear, apparently it's too much to expect people to slow down or look down or use proper breach technique.
    • Up x 2
  15. Copasetic

You're forgetting the claymore is 3 or 4 times taller than the other mines, it's practically impossible to miss if it's not hidden out of sight behind a wall or something. Now the other mines have the same handicap.

I'm curious to see if they fixed the bug where mines sometimes sink into the ground though.
  16. Nogrim313

well i at least i can be glad i didn't have to pay to unlock mines.. one more item that was actually useful transformed in to a piece of ****. let me guess next update we get new mines we can buy in the store that dont have lights and AT mines that are the old size

new ones cost 5 sc each and you can only re stock from the store...

SOE is giving EA a good name or at the very least a shot at getting back their BF2142 crowd 2143 can't come soon enough imo
    • Up x 1
  17. Copasetic

And the other mines don't have 3ft long lasers shooting out of them, so you can place them closer to the door than you could a claymore. The activation range is still long enough to work.

"Proper breach technique", heh. This isn't ARMA 3. Everything in the game pushes you to run and gun with reckless abandon if you want to get anything done, so of course that's how people play it.
  18. Nogrim313

plain and simple if you run over one of these at night it should just delete your character.

they are utterly useless now just removes mines from the game no one is ever going to set them off now that they are 3ft wide and have ******* warning lights
  19. WookLordz

So you think it's a good idea to push more in that direction? No thanks.
  20. Tobax

Been on test server for a bit so knew this was coming, tbh it does nothing because you should be putting them in hard to see spots in the first place, plus if a mine doesn't render the blinking lights don't show anyway.