[BUG] Prox Mines/Bettys Used as Melee Weps

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AnnPerkins, Jan 23, 2013.

1. hostilechild

Prox mine is fun as Infiltrator. If you chase me i drop one then laugh. If i see a group, uncloak, drop mine as run (takes a sec to go off) jump and cloak. Most of time can avoid the damage.

It is not easy as cloak is pretty visible, more a fun kill.

When i play HA which is most of the time, i run resist/flak on occassion resist/nano if outdoors. Flak has paid for itself 1000 times over.
  2. Phaze

Tactic? It's more like OH @#%@, I was planning on laying down a mine and got surprised. Running up to someone and dropping a mine makes zero sense - given all the other options.

You want a bug? It's the mine laying animation that seems to show you tossing the mine in the air - but, oops... you moved or switched weapons before some critical point and the mine didn't really get tossed in the air after all!
  3. Cymoril

I rarely get that lucky. I always see on my screen that it takes a longer time to throw them down than a LA to fly and drop C4 on my mechs. When I toss out tank mines those suckers pop out like mad but dont seem to activate very quickly even when Im standing by the enemy tank,etc.
  4. Efraim

booby trap spawn rooms as they are about to flip, AP mines with C4 lying around the room. they will trigger each other
  5. SinerAthin

Mines are fun indeed.

When you drop one, you can be almost sure that someone is going to trigger them.

Everytime I've dropped an Anti-Personell mine in a Biolab, I've always gotten a kill, be it 5 minutes later or an hour later, some poor sod always steps on it :D
  6. The King

I have died to a mine under 5-6 times. Most were from claymore. (the whole time I played since December 26?)
    I do not run with FLAK armor either.

I do not use a Mine guard on my sunderer, only lost my sunderer 2-3x from it.

All mines; It's really a non issue.
  7. Nereshad

All Mines and C4 need a 2sec deploy Timer. Then there would be no Problem. At the moment they´re OP indeed.
  8. Nereshad

I think you are one of the mine users. :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Nereshad

And many times you get three or four in a Bio Lab.
  10. The King

Not true. You're not getting close enough and if you do, you MIGHT get 1 kill or maybe 2..
    Unless you run into people who love stacking right on top of each other. I guess I don't play on your kind of server, so it's extremely rare to get more than 1. You usually get 0 since they don't die.
  11. Tasogie

LOL oh god its the nerf it crowd back again.....

Mines are "perfectly" balanced, this is a fact. Suicide kills as a inf is one of those "fun" things to do. You lot who always cry foul when you get killed are ruining this game. Sorry man nothin personal but its true.
    Removing diversity in the game reduces it down to something as mindless an mirror imaged as cod/BF3. None wants to see PS2 go south so far as to be like those sad exuses for gaming.
    Using mines like that is what we are sposed to do in a tight situation, an I highly encourage any inf not tried this to do so. As it "can" get you out of bad situation.
    As for them not taking any damage, not true. Generally you get killed, if you use flak armor you may survive though.