Prowlerside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dethonlegs, Jun 11, 2018.

1. adamts01

I think the Mag needs more than that. Increased boost time would either let it boost in to a quicker death or try to run while exposing its rear. Gun velocity on par with the other tanks plus boosting in any direction might put it in a good place and keep it unique.
    • Up x 1
  2. raffa2

So, the solution is degenerating the meta into skill buttons, and giving the magrider a button that lets it accelerate to every direction at a faster rate for a limited time?
  3. Dethonlegs

Omniburn may work in a flat open plain but not in any type of enclosed area. You need to be able to look where you are going, not blindly head off in a given direction. If it were a thing, the most used direction would be backwards and right now if you hit anything while reversing at speed you die. No thanks.

There are heaps of possibilites for adjustment, but most have knock on effects I think the devs are trying to avoid. ie:
    • Increasing magburn duration would allow magriders to more easily get to hard to reach places. Right now, depending on server lag, you can get up to 4 seconds of boost. I don't hear people screaming of OP BS when that happens. TBH there are not many places left that prowlers and vanguards can't reach (given time) since the traction buff.
    • Increasing strafe speed would make magriders impossible to hit except in close range.
    • Increasing gun velocity would be nice, however it would only improve ranged gamely and that's something it doesn't need help with.

As for QOL adjustments, there are heaps that would make a real difference. ie:
    • Allowing gun elevation to match other MBT's.
    • Stop spinning on exit
    • Allow turn rate with mouse to match what is possible with keyboard without screwing up vertical sensitivity. The problem here is that vertical sensitivity is about double that of horizontal, so if you increase overall sensitivity so max turn rate is easily achieved with mouse, then vertical movement is hyper sensitive. I've experimented with adjusting mouse sens so that horizontal is double that of vertical and it effectively fixes the issue, but movement out of the tank is borked.