Prowler Rampart Projector ranks 2 ~ 4 do not work.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by tommyrocket, Apr 15, 2020.

1. tommyrocket

As the title suggests, ranks past the first don't actually do anything different than rank 1. It is still a 10% damage reduction, and not 20% at max rank like it should be according to its description. For now, it is a complete waste of certs to invest any higher thank Rank 1, as the rest don't do anything more.

Anyone can easily corroborate this finding by purchasing rank 1 on a new character, and shooting a rocket launcher at their Rampart Projector while it's on, and while it's off. Calculate the damage against the raw damage of the launcher, and then the 10% damage reduction. (no indirect damage because it doesn't deal indirect against the barrier)

Afterwards, do the same as the above but in VR Training with a max rank of it. I didn't use VR however, as I own the max rank. (and regret it)

For example:

5000 HP Prowler, 975 damage from a Decimator without Rampart Projector deployed.

*4025 HP remaining

5000 HP Prowler, 877.5 damage from a Decimator with Rampart Projector rank 1 on and deployed. (or max rank)

*4122 HP remaining (4220 HP "should" remain with 20% reduction on a max rank against a Decimator shot)

The above example still holds true in values since there isn't a 20% damage reduction actually working in-game. In calculation, a max rank should reduce the damage to 780. Not the case here, though, since it's broken. Been this way since release of the ability, if memory serves.
    • Up x 7
  2. tommyrocket

Hopefully bumping is okay once in a while... just want to put this on the front page for exposure.

I don't think it's fair for only this ability out of the 3 added to be the only dysfunctional one. Since last year when it was added, even. No matter how niche a use it is, or how good / bad it is, I personally like it. That aside, it's incredible how many who play TR have had no idea that the ability has never given any higher defense than 10%. (A big part of why the ability seems 'bad'; it's not doing what it's supposed to do, and investing higher than rank 1 in it is a waste at this time)

Would be really grateful if you guys at Rogue Planet Games could fix it at your earliest convenience.
  3. tommyrocket

Bump for exposure. Fix please?
  4. TRspy007

Post this on reddit, devs rarely/never check out the forums
  5. tommyrocket

6. tommyrocket

Alright, deciding to bump this again after seeing yet another update and nothing about a fix for it in the patch notes. What's the hold-up?
  7. tommyrocket

While you're doing bug fixes, think you guys could look at this one? Seriously couldn't be that difficult to change a few values to their proper ones. Y' know, 20%. Not 10% still for 1400+ certs or whatever.
  8. AlcyoneSerene

From patch notes, which I hope will fix it: "TR Prowler's Rampart Projector defense slot now correctly provides the intended 10/15/17.5/20% armor bonus when rank is increased, instead of being bugged at 10% for all ranks." source