[Vehicle] Prowler Nerfed Again...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RollTideMustang, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Pacster3

Any magrider pilot already died laughing? That horribly killer drop of prowler shots got to be insane...good that magrider doesn't have something like that. ;-)
    • Up x 1
  2. Prudentia

i did, had a good chuckle at his comment.
  3. Aruze2014

Hello im a TR player and i just recently returned to the game after years away.
    I just found out now about the "buff/nerf" and all i can say is, what got me to come back to play PS2 was the fact that i loved planting my prowler on a mountain top somewhere and just rapidfire at random stuff, now i cant anymore, that gameplay aspect was what made me come back, now im pondering wheather its worth even pondering.
    i know it sounds selfish to wish for the old prowler as it was back, but realisticaly the prowler as it was before may have been realy good Dps wize, but when it came to the map it made a huge difference where you set up your prowler sometimes it wouldnt even be a valid tactic to use prowlers at all because of the map , rocks, trees etc stuff that was in the way, Where the Vanguard and Magrider have a much better variety as an all around tank.

Prowlers were designed to be turrets, not theese ability based ... whatever they are right now.
    i for certain wont be paying 450 of my precious points for a velocity buff , when u can only shoot a couple shots every few seconds, it just aint worth it and its not fun at all.
    Btw magriders are the most annoying thing in this game next to infiltrators that snipe you every time you look out a window.

Anyway, all i realy wanted to say was that im very disapointed with what they did , even if it is a buff overall if we added more tanks to a group and had some weird rapid fire ability where we kill anything basicaly because "buff" apperantly.
    or the fact that they no longer serve their actual function anymore no wonder we are seeing so many TR players leaving servers, last time i was playing which was earlier today we had 5000 Vanu players 350 TR and about 500 NC.
    idk what this balance bs is btw but they need to make sure that u cant login to your VS if they have 4500 more than your entire faction.

But yeah wheather this is a buff or a nerf it doesnt matter in the long run, the big picture is Everyone is displeased with this , wheather its a buff or a nerf we wont get anywhere if all we do is poke holes in eachothers arguments and show math, we've got to decide if this is Fun for us or not, if everyone is unhappy why not do something different? an actual nerf where u dont change the gameplay for instance would be my suggestion.

maybe a -10 or -20 damage reduction on the main turret might do the trick.
    ( heck if i had my way i'd just revert the thing back to the way it was when i left, and maybe remove infiltrators from the game but ayyyyy :p we cant have everything we want boyos. )
  4. DeadlyOmen

My favorite weapon isn't strong enough.
  5. Inogine

Funny things. Mjolnir actually has a far faster TTK at the ranges the vulcan generally is supposed to excel at. I'd take the fire rate being what it was previously with a buff to range over what it is now.

Gate keeper actually has horrible sustain for the same problem our prowler has. Ammo printer keeps eating shots. In the case of the gate-keeper it can easily cost you the win when it fires one rocket and decides to eat the rest of the mag... twice in a row. Or fires all but one round and leaves it in the chamber without a reload. It'd be a pretty strong weapon otherwise, but "features" I guess.
  6. Pacster3

To be more exact: My favorite weapon that makes me look like a god while I suck at everything else is not strong enough(by the way: It's not cause that weapon is OP...it's cause I'm very good at it. No, really!). =)
  7. Who Garou

Just max out the lock down and barrage - CERT into flanker or front armor (top if you are worried about C-4). Seriously, the main disadvantage to the prowler is the thing is so fat that some terrain is difficult. Being able to fire two shots on a reload is a tremendous help as far as I am concerned, but I'm not always the best shot and I like to fight at range with tanks and not rubbing barrels with the enemy tanks.

Seriously, just put an OP vulcan on top and get over it.
  8. TRspy007

I really dislike this change, and not just because i love tr. Honestly when i see a prowler now,i just laugh at the poor fool who wasted his 450 nanites on that garbage. The prowler never was OP, as to benefit from the reload speed boost and increased velocity, it had to give up movement. That was a huge tradeoff, and turned the prowler into more of a mobile artillery platform than anything else. Now the prowlers still need to be anchored to loose their significant drop and recoil, and must wait every 50 seconds for a reload speed boost, which lets be honest, does not change much and gives the tanks position away. Idk who thought of this stupidity, but it needs to be reverted. This reminds me of the zoe ability, not something tr would have.
  9. Talthos

I think the main issue with the old Anchor Mode, was that it deployed and packed up way too fast (it took 'maybe' 1-1.5 seconds to deploy/pack up, around the same time that it takes for a Sunderer to deploy/pack up). That was the sense I got from both using it, and fighting against it; it was too easy to just instantly deploy and auto-win via superior DPS, even if it was a 1/2 Prowler vs a 2/2 MBT of the other 2 factions.

Honestly, just making it take longer to deploy and pack up would have been a better balance change, like how Siege Tanks in StarCraft worked; they took about 3 seconds to deploy or pack up, which balanced how powerful they were in Siege Mode.

Edit: For that matter, imagine if the Prowler had the same badass deploy/pack up sounds as the Brood War Siege Tank? Remember this?
    • Up x 1