[BUG] Prowler lockdown.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SanPelicano, Nov 15, 2015.

1. SanPelicano

hmm. Guys its normal that there is no timedelay on Prowler lockdown undeploy?
    I see no information about this "buff" in the patch notes and it used to have 1-2 sec delay... Literally Prowler Lockdown has no downside now.... so it must be a bug or a Higby huge irrational buff.

it deploys, gets a huge DPS bonus, then in a sticky situation undeploys in no time and flies away...

It must be a bug... it must be....
  2. Towie

Yep. Also - if you're shooting at exactly the same time as a resupply happens, you get 3 shots instead of 2 before a reload. So in a dream scenario - lockdown, shoot 3 shots, undeploy - all in the blink of an eye. Ouch.
  3. Daigons

There needs to be a longer time delay for when a Prowler cancels it's lockdown mode.
  4. Jake the Dog

I've gotten 5 shots before honestly. But there's a catch... None of those rounds do any damage. In fact deploying near an ammo tower can be a very bad idea for you, because you'll be forced to shoot extra dud rounds.
  5. SwornJupiter

Any shot fired after the second is a blank, I believe
    • Up x 1
  6. Towie

Well I never knew that ! Learn a new thing every day...
  7. T0x1s

It do have downsides. It got a timer to lockdown and it cant bloody move so you are an easy target. Being able to get out of the situation faster is a good thing and it was needed.

I think this might be a fix for the bug where you could not undeploy. The same thing happened for MAX lockdown.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pelojian

When you deploy you have to wait a couple of seconds after the last deploying message flashes on the UI to fire in lockdown effect otherwise you get normal reload and velocity. that in itself is a downside is it not?
  9. Jake the Dog

Tbh it was fine as it was, and required you to better position yourself. Whether or not this is a massive gamechanger remains to be seen. Does buy you a second or two to get out of the way of the enemy.
    Yeah at first I was like "THIS IS AWESOME!" at which point (a YEAR AGO btw) I realized it didn't do anything. This bugs been in the game since I joined TR and hasn't been removed.
  10. Kazrak

I belive the undeploy timer was set to 1sec just befor summer this year

It was needed otherwise 2/2 AP vanguards would shred you befor you shift to reversed gear

And as for the 3rd shot near ammo towers

This is extremly anoying when you have the rythm of two shot salvos and suddenly the third useless shot disruptes you
    • Up x 1
  11. OldCuban

There's a glitch currently in game where sometimes the treads get locked in the locked down animation even though the Prowler is no longer locked down.

So basically, the Prowler isn't locked down, it just looks that way.