Prowler AP buff....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Feb 2, 2013.

1. {joer

One point blank prowler AP shell still won't kill a infantry. Only AP round not to do so.
    It takes 3 AP shells to kill a max.

So an AP prowler is at a disadvantage to even a lightening if you go AP currently vrs soft targets.
  2. Dusty El Lion

That's a strange distinction, my AP lightening one hits infantry (Its probably the most satisfying kill ever :p)
  3. Dingus148

Check the Vehicle forum...apparently projectile speed in anchored mode got a huge "stealth buff" (but most people think it's a bug). Perhaps it's working as intended?
  4. Goden

Stealth buff?

It was an announced change long before the patch went live.
  5. Dingus148

I know that, but it looks FAR faster than it should be. And if Compass (who is pretty much the Prowler guru) is saying it has to be a mistake, I'm inclined to believe him. He was saying it was more like a magnitude of 10 improvement. Just waiting to login and test for myself
  6. Louis Farrakhan

its bugged, will be hotfixed

speed buff was supposed to be +20%, its now 200%
    • Up x 1
  7. Duff_Chimp

One AP prowler shell used to one-hit infantry (direct hit) so i'm assuming still does. On the other hand i noticed that is relatively easy to double hit kill ESFs now with prowler assuming they stay still enough. I did two kills like this today, i was absolutly amazed i had never achieved anything like this before this patch. :)
  8. R-A-B

Really? Aww that's a shame, I actually really liked the change in speed when anchored, should have known it was far to much of a dramatic change to be true!
  9. Louis Farrakhan

me too, but im not a power hungry magrider driver. i believe in fairness and balance, and playing with honor.

i dont want the prowler to be OP, its not fun for me.
    • Up x 1
  10. {joer

Explains why I was able to hold my own vrs mags, shame the prowler felt almost useful anchored. Still missed the second shot normally though.