Pro's Guide To The NC MAX

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Leonidas423, Aug 22, 2013.

1. toxs

I agree. I put up "my way of playing" on another thread, and the OP of this thread said my post was garbage and put a link to this one.(even though the thread said dont bash other peoples posts) Then he insists he plays MAX better than I, with his garbage stats. I typically ignore these forumside idiots. I just could not resist fighting back this time. Sorry all.
  2. Ceskaz

The problem with your post Leaonidas begins at the title : Pro's guide to the NC MAX. I didn't processed your stats but it tends to show that you have a high opinion of yourself (or/and a low opinion of others).
    Then, you base your guide on your playstyle, which, in my opinion, is not a platoon oriented one. A NC AI MAX, in my opinion again, is the spearhead of any base attack and defense, the spearhead of a team, not a killstreaks machine for your personnal glory.

Personnaly, I like scatter, because I'm stingy but also because it performs well in a number of situation. Using Hacksaw kind of force you to use charge, to get in range (or to quikly get out). And charge is not a platoon oriented ability, because it also gets you out of your engi. On other hand, Aegis is a very good tool in platoon to block assault or get your team into a room. Of course, your the one not firing, and it's not the funniest part. You also have to coordinate with your shield buddy (one MAX is'nt enough in a Aegis assault/defense)

So, back to the problem : wrong thread title. First, it is a AI NC MAX guide. Then, I think it is more a Hacksaw guide (you mention other AI weapons, but not how to use them).
    Otherwise, as a Hacksaw MAX guide, I would agree with you. It's just not my (or Toxs or plenty of other NC i guess) NC AI MAX playstyle...
  3. Leonidas423

I didn't start that fight, I just called you out when you gave the wrong information. You chose to take it as an insult to your "skill" as a MAX.
  4. Leonidas423

No, I never said your post was garbage, I just called you out when you gave the wrong info. I am not your mother to tell you that everything that you do is perfect. And if you look at the relevant stats, you will see that, yes, indeed I play the MAX better then you. And do you notice how YOU not me, is the only person who ever used the word "garbage"? How about that XD And since your way of aiming for the head whatever the distance is frankly wrong, don't be so pissed when I call you out on it.

And I still notice how you did not say anything about the content of this post, and what is wrong with it. Interesting. I gotta give you credit though, you are a MASTER at dodging questions that might put you in a bad light.

Look kid, if you want to try and disprove me, go for it. Just try not to say anything that is not backed up by EVIDENCE (which you lack in ALL of your so called "responses" or put words in my mouth. Life outside your parent's house doesn't work that way.
  5. BITES

I was going to leave this on the last page (thus my lack of reply as it didn't seem beneficial) .. but I wouldn't agree with that statement personally. I'm not sure how you quantify "relevant" but the ones I look at aren't better.
    Again my personal PoV regarding your stat comparison.
    Sorry bub.
  6. Leonidas423

It's alright, everyone has their own opinions. I'm talking about the average number of MAX kills I posted in my link (not my killboard, I already gave excuses for that) as opposed to the average number of MAX kills he posted on his killboard (he didn't give us an alternative), which may or may not have changed.

EDIT: Yeah, your right, as of Sept. 22nd, the average number of his killboard as compared to mine is better. I was looking at info sometime before that date, where indeed the average number of my kills as compared to his were better. And just a point of fact, that 50 killstreak was achieved over the course of an hour. Not trying to take away from anything he did, it's still very impressive... I'm just saying. Either way, my personal best is only about 60 over the course of 30 minutes... and if he gets those 50 killstreaks all the time, I can't compare. (I know for a fact that he dosen't get those killstreaks all the time, at least based on what I saw for the last three days or so). That 11 killstreak before that looks more like what I saw, from what I was seeing he got about 10-20 on average.
  7. Purg

Ok, I'm bored..

What are the relevant stats? Every single comparable stat of mine is superior to yours yet you proudly proclaimed you outdid me as an NC MAX.

So, what do you consider the relevant stats that you compare yourself to everyone then claim superiority?
  8. Leonidas423

Next time, can you actually read the whole post? I already stated the relevant stats in this post, explaining it at length. And you do realize I wasnt even talking to you, right? xD. Kids these days...

And you do realize that I am WAY better then you at the NC MAX... Just compare your killboard to my link, or even my killboard, when I was playing meatshield for my platoon.l

"Every comparable stat of mine is better then yours". LOL
  9. Purg

Then point them out to my aging eyes - I'd wager I'm older than you. Yes, I realise you weren't talking to me but you have attempted to belittle me in the past with your confusing superiority complex. I'm genuinely interested why you have such an inflated opinion of your game play when your stats are exceedingly underwhelming.

A killboard makes up so little of my character's life and is irrelevant for any comparison other than what you did for the last hour or two (in a game I've spent ~850 hours playing that particular character). FWIW, appears I did better than you comparing killboards, anyway but without knowing what you were contributing to your faction, it's impossible to tell for sure. For instance, my last death I swapped out of my MAX suit and podded in as an infiltrator to flip a vehicle terminal. Got killed doing it but allowed us to pull a Sundy to cap a base that would otherwise have gone uncapped if I stayed as a MAX.
  10. Leonidas423

I'm pretty confused myself... you really are not that good at the NC MAX. I'm sorry, but it is the truth. And no, you did not do better then me in comparing killboards, in terms of the amount of MAXs and infantry killed. Purg, holding grudges against other people is a good way to be disliked in the real world. If you have any better records of how well you play the NC MAX, please, go ahead and post them here, I'm using the killboard because it's pretty much the only MAX-relevant stats available to me. (Other then the weapons/kills)

And how exactly is regularly getting 15-30 killstreaks "underwhelming"? Purg, I really am interested to hear you say how exactly you are better then me. It seems your the one with the inflated ego.
  11. xboxerdude

dude leonidas423 TOKS knows what hes talking about when it comes to playing the max, don't fight work togeather and bring the truth to light brothers were all NC here :D
  12. Purg

My K/D is currently a little under 9 - it peaked at around 12 when I mainly played MAX for my platoon including countless hours as a Burster MAX when lolpods were OP and Burster MAX had to get the kill shot to receive ~50xp for taking out an ESF. They're XP pinyatas now in comparison.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618025164897

If you just took into consideration my Mattock kills and disregarded my other 8000 kills, I'd still be out scoring you, out K/D'ing you and out MAXing you. I have experience with every NC MAX weapon except the Grinders (because I despise the pellet spread) in indoor and outdoor environments, slugs and no slugs, whereas you sit on Hacksaws (the cheesiest weapon of the lot).

Getting 15-30 killstreaks is hardly an accomplishment as an NC MAX if you're set up in the right area. I have a 26 killstreak on my killboard right now that I achieved with no sound while providing after hours support to a customer of mine over the phone with the phone wedged under my left shoulder (sorry Bazza - got the hit register not realising you were an Engy that accidentally shot me while trying to repair me when I spun and OHK'ed you at point blank). It's not difficult to make the NC MAX virtually unbeatable under the right conditions. While I prefer the TR and VS MAX for their versatility, I can rack up much higher killstreaks as an NC MAX when I'm operating in CQC.
  13. Ceskaz

So the truth is in stats. The sadness of modern times I guess...

From what I can see, you are the one disliked here...
    Because of you persistently saying your a better MAX than others, based on stats. You say its your only comparaison tool. OK, fair enough, but when you don't have the appropriate tool, don't be surprised to not perform the job well (or just don't do it). More straightforward, you should not judge people skills based on stats or killboard, especially in a team based game.

Why can't you admit you presented your Hacksaw MAX gameplay, and not a "Pro's Guide to NC MAX"... Ah yeah, I know : because you're the one with ego problems.

It's just funny how you flipped accusation to defend yourself. Childish behaviour in my opinion.
  14. Leonidas423

So your saying that this post only covers Hacksaws and... oh wait, your wrong. And in exactly what way does stats and killboards not (at least adequately) compare your skill in the NC MAX. Let me say that again for your benefit: the NC MAX.

I looked at your killboard http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428010618034902081.php?tab=killboard... you really shouldn't be talking.

"It's just funny how you flipped accusation to defend yourself. Childish behaviour in my opinion." This made me LOL.. you spelled behavior wrong. Bit ironic IMO. And flipping accusations being a childish behavior.. well, you would probably know, based on what I saw of your posts.
  15. Leonidas423

15-30 killstreaks isn't a large accomplishment.. getting that amount almost every time is. And yes, you would be outscoring me with your mattocks because... well, you've played more. Congratulations.. I guess. Just because you spent more of your life playing the game doesn't mean you are automatically better then me.
  16. basilbroketail

Just to throw in my 2 cents, If i had to pick a battle between Leonidas423 versus Purg, I'd take Purg all day . He's played extensively as a Max player across multiple factions. I'm sure he know what he's talking about .
  17. Purg

Your K/D would either indicate that you achieve those sorts of killstreaks less often than you think you do or your K/D is bordering 0 when you're not in a MAX suit... which goes back to my original question, seeing as my metrics exceed all of yours and I have played extensively as AV, AA and AI with every NC MAX weapon available *except* Grinders, what is that magical metric you're focusing on to proudly proclaim your superiority over me? Claim your superiority all you want, I really don't care - it's your rationale that interests me.

Ultimately, this game isn't about killstreaks and using it as a measurement of anything is doing a disservice to this game. My most recent killstreak was ended because I swapped out of my MAX suit to an infiltrator to flip a Sundy terminal to secure a mobile spawn point which was more important to capturing the base than killing things within a 10 meter radius of me. I could easily rack up a 100 killstreak and achieve very little other than to pad my own stats if I went to the nearest Biolab and teamed up with an Engy near a teleporter. Infantry wise, there's no easier way to achieve large killstreaks in this game than to strap on a couple of shotguns on your NC MAX and look for an infantry choke point.
  18. Purg

Yup.

My current TR - rerolled it a few times swapping servers trying to keep my characters apart, thwarted by SOE with the Connery/Helios merge and just stuck with it;

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428054466421677153

My VS;

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428059527791244513

Some decent MAX time there. Have a pretty decent feel of the balance between all faction MAX.

Prefer my VS over TR MAX. Prefer them both over NC MAX due to greater versatility and far superior AV weapons - with the caveat that the NC MAX is by far the easiest MAX to put on 30+ killstreaks.. if that's what you're into.
  19. Leonidas423

I have no doubt that you will whoop my *** if you were a VS/TR MAX and I was an NC MAX (if you had range that suited you), or if I was a VS/TR MAX and you were an NC MAX (doesn't really matter at which range, you would kick my ***). No doubt what so ever, you have WAY more experience then me in general across all three MAXs, all I can say I'm good at is the Hacksaws. All I'm disputing is the NC MAX vs NC MAX CQB scenario (if we both were in >7 meters.) But other then that, yeah, you would probably eat me for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
  20. Ceskaz

And again the killboard argument... You want to compare stats, OK:
    According to Planetside Universe, I played :7d 5h 49m, you played 9d 0h 49m. Althrought, I'm BR48, you're BR39... Maybe because I have 245.93 XP/min, and you have 114.00 XP/min. I used XP boost months ago, but that doesn't explain why I have twice more XP/min.
    You claim you're a proficient MAX player, with impressive killboard (and when playing MAX, people usually have superior K/D), but you have a K/D of 1.14 (and K+Assists/D 1.22), when I have a K/D of 1.64 (and K+Assists/D 2.07). Do I really suck compared to you? So, maybe you don't like my killboard (which is just plain stupid; I was being polite in my preceding post, now, I'm tired of you), but the stats above show 2 things :
    • a K/D of 1.14 is really not good. I wouldn't be proud of it. I'm not proud of mine, but I'm not saying I'm better than anyone on this forum (except here, but you kind of force me to; and I feel bad doing it, it's like touching myself in a public place)
    • a K+Assists/D of 1.22: you just don't care of your guys, not helping them. My guess is that you're too much worried about your precious killstreak. It's a game with thousand of players, and you're alone in the middle of it. How sad is that.
    I can continue, dissect every bit of stats to show you how not better player than me you are, how I have better aim (infantry: You : 23.41% / Me: 27.05. Vehicule : You: 20.71% / Me : 25.08%), how I spend more time destroying vehicules (You:144 / Me: 619) helping my empire against these threats.
    You are not impressed by my skills in a MAX. It's maybe because I'm heavy player. I play MAX for fun and when my squad needs it. And I love MAX because, back in 2003, Planetside offered great gameplay as a MAX. But, as you could see, I spent 19h in a MAX (11% of my time), where you spent 51h (24% of your time). So yeah, you play MAX more than me. But you really suck beside it (accuracy of 18% with mercenary ? accuracy of 12% with Gauss SAW ? come on...).

Oh, and for my spelling mistakes : I'm french. So I make mistakes in English, it's not my mother tongue... I will be pleased to see you write in French without spelling or syntax mistake. Please.I hope I made a lots of spelling mistakes so you can LOL again (because it's obviously so funny).
    Finally, having a childish behavior doesn't mean you are a child with bad spelling skills, It just means you're immature. You could be 40 and being immature. It would just be more sad.

PS: read this thread again : you're alone here. Now, everybody looked at your posts and at your stats (thanks to you) and know how a bad player and bad person you are.
    • Up x 2