Proposed Resource Changes, Diversity Effects?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by theholeyone, Jul 21, 2013.

1. theholeyone

Part of the proposed changes may effect diversity:
    • Removal of acquisition timers
    • Reduction of resource types to 1
    • No inventory for grenades/c4/mines etc

Having the same currency for all things, and making it the only factor in getting such things, seems like it will effect the diversity of resource use on a player level, and maybe globally.
    I'm a jack of all trades play who enjoys swapping from air/vehicles/infantry to get the most out of the game, and out of the resources. So it seems to me in order to balance out vehicle spam of the most powerful type, the gain or price rates will need to be adjusted so the system comes into play. So players may be much more reluctant to spend the resources on a type of thing they are not so proficient in. Also the OP FOTM could get massively spammed excluding all other types.
    I guess ideally the various traits of each thing will mean those not used so much become OP for lack of counters and ubiquity of targets. But I'm not so sure this will be the case. Thoughts?
  2. Malacovics

No more VR timer exploiting, no more warping from continent to continent for resources, hurray!
  3. FateJH

What's that?
  4. Malacovics

Your reaver explodes, you have 5 minutes until you can get one, you go into VR, spawn a reaver, go back to your continent, bam, counter removed, enjoy your reaver.