Proposal: Optional pay-for-monthly server.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JudgeDeath

I would totally abandon my outfit, server and character to be in a small server with bunch of entitled feeling people, doing amazing 1 platoons vs 1 platoon fights at maximum.

.... NOT

(Not so many hackers running about these days tbh)
    • Up x 3
  2. Rockit

3. Earthman

I'll humor you with this one little bit and assume you can lay off on the self-congratulation for one entire post:

I'd be fine with improved anti-cheating implementation, especially a return of GM presence, which did noticably improve the game during and for a time after each appearance. Of course you might smugly assume that it's anecdotal. Then again, so is your "its so very rare that surely no one buys the easily-available cheating software out there" opinion based entirely on your word for it, which I find lacking.
  4. f0d

i dont know whats wrong with you but im going to leave this thread and let you live in your own little world
    good day sir and continue on your merry journey
    • Up x 1
  5. Earthman

Didn't you already pull this a page ago? :rolleyes:
  6. f0d

i know i said i was going to leave the thread but could you please quote me saying i was going to leave?
    this was the first time i said i was going to leave
    • Up x 1
  7. Earthman

And yet you still didn't this time.

Oh the irony!
  8. f0d

again quote me saying i was going to leave (i only said it once where you think i said it multiple times)
    and quote me saying small time personal attacks multiple times

why cant you quote these things you think i am doing? if you see them its easy to quote them

you have done nothing but attack me from the beginning where i was kind and polite and giving facts
    • Up x 1
  9. Commissar Penitus

Are you going to contribute anything at all to this thread than this pedantic little game of yours?
    • Up x 1
  10. f0d

what the heck is going on?!?!?

i have been polite up until now
    • Up x 1
  11. Commissar Penitus

You tell me. I almost forgot what this thread was about when I started reading the stupid gotcha game on this page.
  12. Stefan1978GER

Better idea: Hossin for Members only ;)

PTJ like Pay to Join.
  13. Commissar Penitus

Telling people that they must be on psychoactive medications to disagree with you (and kiss off if you want me to quote that, just scroll up) is not "polite" in most healthy upbringings.
  14. MorganM

I love this idea. I personally wouldn't pay for it but if dedicated players want a more regulated experience and are willing to foot the bill; SOE could meet their needs.

Would you be willing to pay what it REALLY costs though? What I mean is... what if $15 a month wasn't enough to employ a few GMs for 24x7 service? Say SOE paid a paltry sum of $1,000 a month for ONE GM. You'd need essentialy 67 people paying $15 mo. Not bad right? One GM isn't enough though; I think at a minimum you'd need 3 for shifts to cover 24x7. Now you need 200 people. Possible but what if only 100 sign up; would they be wililng to spend $30 a month? That's a much tougher sell. Also $1,000 a month for total compensation package is pathetic. Half that would be consumed with HR benefits so the person would really see more like $500/mo. That's also just the cost of GM staff; not compute, storage, facilities, maintanance / support.

I'm not saying it's impossible but to get what you really want may cost way more than $15/mo.
  15. Commissar Penitus

Judging by the personal attacks being thrown around, there's definitely pushback on the idea.

It looks like pretty zealous pushback took, like it struck a nerve. Maybe because not everyone enjoys an ambigously suspicious free-to-play atmosphere of BR1-10 alts with weird names farming people.
    • Up x 1
  16. f0d

it was the only time i was unkind
    and the only reason i mentioned that is because earthman is making accusation about me that are untrue
    and
  17. Commissar Penitus

Ah ha. And you said you were "polite until now", if we're going to play your quoting game.

You were not polite. So game over. You lose your own pointless pedantic game of who-said-exactly-what-when.

Now contribute something of value or relevance to the thread or go away, please.
  18. f0d

up until now was that post you mentioned and that was all

i would like to see where i was unkind anywhere else
  19. DG-MOD-02

I am closing this down now as it is no longer constructive. Please abide by the SOE Forum Guidelines when using these forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.