Proposal: Optional pay-for-monthly server.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HMR85

No, if I wanted to pull up random videos of hackers to try and prove my point. I would of made sure to have enough wherewithal to not link videos that link to hacks. Maybe pay a little more attention next time. Hell, I could of just not said anything and let you pay the consequences. You can thank me later.
    • Up x 2
  2. f0d

if its as rampant as you seem to be describing then you should be able to just switch on fraps and easily find a hacker

i dont think anyone here is saying there are ZERO hackers (i certainly am not) - just that it isnt as rampant and everywhere like you seem to think it is and that it is a rare occurrence

if it wasnt rare then you should be able to go frapsing away (you dont even need fraps - isnt there an ingame recorder?) and get the footage you need easily

also i dont think it would stop hackers - there are plenty of people that buy games and subscribe to games and dont mind risking it and hack in them also

also i wouldnt mind knowing how this hacker free server would work
    what region would it be in? EU? USA WEST? USA EAST? AU? or all of them?
    i dont think it will be very populated if its only one region as most people would prefer to play on a server thats close to them for a lower ping
    if you put one in all regions it will be a ghosttown as people would rather play where the players are - look at indar, the main reason people play on indar all the time is because everyone plays on indar and it has a huge population

you would have to start a new character too as SOE hasnt implemented character transfers yet and hardly anyone will want to create a new character because they would have to start all over again and they might not even have enough character slots
    • Up x 2
  3. Earthman

Before HMR85 and Phazaar congratualte themselves too much, let us summarize:

The cheats exist, are being used, can be found in seconds and links are two clicks away.

Some people have a sense of denial of "I don't see it so it doesn't happen" that is laughably paired with "you have no evidence other than what you saw, so it doesn't happen".

That says it all. If people like that want to continue self-serving cognitive dissonance, thanks for the bump.
  4. allattar

The server could be a credit card registered server only. Or pay to transfer... so we have your details and you only get in for a nominal fee. To make it worthwhile said fee should give sc of equivalent amount.
  5. HMR85

Nobody, on here said cheating doesn't happen. Feel free to go back and read my posts. I clearly stated it in them. It just doesn't happen nearly as much as you are trying to make it out to be. As fod said, since this seems to be a daily occurrence for you go fraps some and let us take a look at it.
    • Up x 2
  6. Earthman

You're a waste of time to continue answering to, because you're showing no sign of having even the slightest mental curiosity beyond the tiny bubble world you live in where cheating doesn't exist and anyone who sees it is a liar or some terrible person.

You may as well ask me to wash your dishes, because it'd be the same chore for the same obnoxious stranger.
  7. Earthman

And your evidence of this is...?

Don't bother. You believe it, and that's all that matters. Your subjective world is better than other subjective worlds and that's final for you. :rolleyes:
  8. HMR85

Once again baseless attacks for somebody who has no argument. I am done here.
    • Up x 2
  9. Earthman

I like this idea, but it's drowning in the Status Quo Protection Brigade's downpour of "nuh uh cheating doesn't happen enough for me to care because I don't see it/benefit from it".
  10. allattar

Consider Earthman, that were the devil to exist on Earth today, that it would be in his best interests to persuade us that he didnt exist.
  11. Earthman

I'm skeptical of that. But if that is actually true that you are done here, good. Because all you're saying is "my experience in the game is more true than your experience in the game because I think it is" with a side order of "hurr durr he linked evidence what a dummy".
  12. f0d

continue answering to? you haven't answered me at all

also where in ANY of my posts did i say cheating doesnt exist? i even said it in the quoted post

i said
    "i dont think anyone here is saying there are ZERO hackers (i certainly am not) - just that it isnt as rampant and everywhere like you seem to think it is and that it is a rare occurrence"

and for the record here is my view
    there are hackers - they are rare - a members only server will fix nothing and cannot work because of LOTS of reasons i have mentioned previously
    • Up x 3
  13. Earthman

He's doing a fine job.

There's a very obvious reason why modern cheat programs deliberately mask their performance, up to and including "missing" shots to reduce headshot/accuracy percentages.

And it's probably to fuel the speculative denial of "I don't want things to change, they are fine, I don't need evidence but you do" crap. I'm strongly suspecting there's a lot to gain from keeping the option open to some of these guys of "downloaded assistance".
  14. Earthman

Thanks for another bump.

You're welcome to add content, mind you, but it might have to involve more than petty insults and "CITATION NEEDED LOL" Reddit warrior tricks.
  15. DQCraze

There are more then a handfull of cheaters on Matherson, they dont even try to hide it anymore because they know reporting does nothing
  16. HMR85

No, 10 years of PS1 that required everybody to register a credit card solved nothing. Cheating still happened if not more than it currently is in PS2. Last time I state this. I never said cheating didn't happen in this game. I said, it does not happen nearly as much as you seem to believe it happens. Factor in the fact that I have almost 12 years of Planetside client hit detection I would say "yeah, my experience in this game is a hell of a lot better than yours when it come to identifying whats actually legit hacking and what is not.

Feel free to carry on.
    • Up x 2
  17. Earthman

There's plenty of people denying their existence and numbers here, and boy do they love to defend them with smoke, mirrors, and smugness.
  18. Earthman

Aaaaand what happened to "I am done here"? :rolleyes:
  19. allattar

Depends how it is managed. The risk of loss of some substance can deter some from subtle cheating. I agree that cheating isnt rampant, but there are some notable players who appear to have a few more cards in their decks than the rest of us.

A server with some form of purchase to play on is an incentive two fold. You get kicked from there its not that you cant come back but some form of financial loss is involved. Another is that said server at least gives confidence that when you lose to that person again and again you are given confidence that its fair,

Every time a super headshotter gets you, the less faith you have in those moments when it was achieved without a cheat.
  20. f0d

i have no idea what you are talking about - i hate reddit and i have never insulted you in any way shape or form

the best way to combat this issue would be to improve anti cheat FOR EVERYONE (like i have also previously stated) and not just a privileged minority

adding a members server will fix nothing and there are MANY reasons
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.