Proposal: Optional pay-for-monthly server.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axehilt

Better to spend those dev hours on bug fixes and new game features, rather than wasting them on a pay-for-ghost-town alternate server.

Better to cheaply use CS/GMs to monitor for cheaters (and develop more efficient programmatic ways of hunting them down.)
    • Up x 1
  2. Earthman

This reminds me of the old metaphor about crabs in a bucket. If one crab tries to crawl out, the first instinct of the other crabs is to pull him down, thusly ensuring no crabs leave the bucket.

If GM presence is non-existent now, demanding it be nonexistent everywhere. I'm to assume from some posters here that GMs served no purpose because there were absolutely no cheaters or so few that surely the GMs had nothing to do in game? Please.

Am I going to have to post Youtube links about cheaters, some BY cheaters? There are quite a few of them, and many of them are quite recent.
  3. Earthman

Since a lot of the "we have no cheaters" thing seems to be based on anecdotal experience, let me offer my own experience:

It was quite a rough alert, and one where my side was going to be happy preventing a Dominating Victory. Thing is, in one particular Amp Station, there were 8 enemies and 30 of us, and we were defending. Thing is, these 8 were strategically placed heavies with LMGs and maybe one or two of their number were engineers with battle rifles. And we were being cut to pieces, nonstop, with headshots after headshots. I somehow managed to leap up to one of the rooftops they were perched on after taking a very long detour from an adjacent territory, and I got to see on my deathcam the same LMG "sniper" firing into the wall between his farming strokes, probably to reduce his statistical accuracy.

Then the old (and now forgotten) GM pop-up message showed up. And the darndest thing happened a minute or so later: they left. Gone. We started fixing generators and stuff and the alert ended with that beat up little base still in our hands.

So, yes, GMs are a nice addition to the game. I'd like it if they were still around and yes, I'd pay for it.
  4. HMR85

Please, start linking videos of Cheaters you have personally seen in-game. I wait with bated breath.
  5. BloodyG

How about getting a anti cheat tool running so not every donkey can get them to run?

If u make a server like that it will be the only one people play at and the rest is full of donkeys.

And people who say their are no cheater in PS2 need to lern how to use google or they use the tools themself...
  6. HMR85

Nobody on here has said cheaters don't exist in the game. What people are saying is that its such a rare occurrence that it does require a separate server.
    • Up x 2
  7. BloodyG

Keep telling that to yourself...
  8. f0d

cheat detection needs to be improved FOR EVERYONE - making one zone cheat free (i doubt it would be cheat free as people pay subscriptions in other games and also cheat) will just make everyone else angry
    i also doubt SOE could do any more than they have or they would have done it already - SOE wants a cheater free game as much as everyone else does

also im just going to repeat what i said on the first page because i havnt seen any answers yet

what region would it be in? EU? USA WEST? USA EAST? AU? or all of them?
    i dont think it will be very populated if its only one region as most people would prefer to play on a server thats close to them for a lower ping
    if you put one in all regions it will be a ghosttown as people would rather play where the players are - look at indar, the main reason people play on indar all the time is because everyone plays on indar and it has a huge population

you would have to start a new character too as SOE hasnt implemented character transfers yet and hardly anyone will want to create a new character because they would have to start all over again and they might not even have enough character slots

its just a bad idea
  9. Slandebande

I've also personally been called a hacker/cheater way more times than I've experienced enemy hackers/cheaters in the game. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the complaining is stemming from people not being able to distinguish between a good player with horrible connection/netcode or a blatant hacker. Not to say there aren't hackers/cheaters, but I find the claims are quite exaggerated.
    • Up x 3
  10. BloodyG

Dude i play FPS since UT and in PS2 if there is only a handfull of hacker here then the PS2 players are the best i have ever seen.

They know when u run behind them in a cloak and bring u faster down then u can pull the tricker or they know your location even if u have not fired a single shot and they vanish when u put the crosshair on them, no need for oblivious wallhacks or aimbots a maphack and teleport is all that is needed to rule over them all...
  11. Vorxil

I must be lucky, since I've yet to see these 24/7 cheater anarchy dystopias people yell about. Occasional cheaters yes, last one was months ago, but not to the extent portrayed on forumside.
  12. BloodyG

i don't say that they are everywhere, but when i see a BR100 do this stuff it makes think that everyone can, i know atleast 2 BR100 who use this hacks. shame i can't record it..
  13. Pikachu

This american cheater phenomena again. I see as many cheaters as I see C85. Anyway my guess is that 1% if players are subscribers. A new server for only those people would be barren.
    • Up x 1
  14. Slandebande

Yes, I also remember UT, quite a fun game. I still miss some of the weapon types, but I never got around to playing the newer versions of UT so I don't know how they would match my expectations.

If you run behind someone as a cloaker they might have either heard you start cloaking, your footsteps, or you uncloaking behind/near them. I spin around and kill people like that pretty often, and I'm not the best infantry player and my FPS is horrible at times.You could also be spotted by a dart or a scout radar (or have been Q-spotted prior to cloaking, with you moving in a straight line to the person, making it quite obvious even with the gap in mini-map coverage).

If people kill you very fast (like within 1 second) it is usually because of the netcode being messed up, it is exactly the same thing that happens when you are being shot after you have turned around a corner, it isn't because they are shooting through walls, it is because the netcode is terrible. It is incredibly frustrating at times, but that's how the game is sadly.

Maphack is useless in this game with recon darts all over, and even if not recon darts, Scout radars are used pretty often as well. There aren't many large fights I see without either scout radars or massed recon darts (or both).

What do you mean by they vanish? Do they make sudden movements? If that was the case, I would swear every single ESF would be cheating as well, as they all make twitch movements. There is a good incentive to never stand still in this game, so them not standing still in your crosshairs is nothing new, I got plenty frustrated by it ramping up my 10k+ sniper kills, but it is a part of the game.
  15. vsae

American Kids watch too many superhero movies and then presume they are themselves better than the rest, only to realise its the other way around.
  16. p10k56

Er what.. no cheaters on Woodman?:eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  17. BloodyG

the vanish part is the one u can tell somebody has a cheat tool running, they get a warning that an enemy aims at them (maybe even configurable what aims at them), then they teleport away, had that 3 times now.

and i know that they can hear the cloak, but when u attack a "surprised "enemy from the back and from one sec to the other they know you are their, even when u don't have uncloaked yet and don't make much noise while walking on dirt, then is somthing wrong.
    Can't be proven but it happens to often.
  18. Cowabunga

Segregate the community! It will surely help it grow!
    • Up x 1
  19. Earthman

You're missing the more self-serving part of the same thing:

By putting everyone else down you get to imply, by default, your own smug superiority.
  20. Earthman

So, sarcasm and double-secret-super "CITATION NEEDED" rhetorical tricks.

They are easily reversed, as you can see: Please, start linking videos showing me how cheat-free and clean and tidy your server's gaming experience is.

I wait with baited breath *adjusts hipster glasses*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.