[Suggestion] Proper Patch Notes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by theholeyone, May 31, 2013.

1. theholeyone

Case in point, the ZOE max. We have never been told what the specs of it are with regard to movement speed, damage take increases, and damage given increases.

What this leads to is confusion, and calls for nerfs based on data that is wrong, and arguing against such calls for nerfs with wrong data as well.

Then the nerf happens, and we are not sure to what extent is was nerfed, leads to people getting angry about certs they spent on it, next step I am guessing will be calls for buffs. And again discussions based on data that is wrong.

I've just been playing with it post-ninja-patch, and it the strafe speed is lower which I'm fine with, but it also feels like the damage taken has increased, and the COF has increased a bit. But I'm not sure.

All the balancing creates a lot of rage the could be mitigated by just providing proper patch notes. The effects of mass player flocking to the flavor of the month could be mitigated by releasing things with proper specs. Personally I think that was the main issue with ZOE, dirt cheap, everyone thought it was cool, so Auraxis was full of them, and anything is OP when used in huge numbers. However, I also think that if the ZOE balance pass is only the strafe then it is well balanced.

But, it would be really nice if this info was made available to us!
  2. Skiptis

Proper, consistent and transparent patch notes has been requested since like... beta afaik. SOE are still too busy reposting themselves on Twitter / Facebook to take notice.
  3. DCTH

Improved gameplay, stability and performance. (More effective than previous update)
  4. Duvenel

Yup ^.