Producer's Letter: Weekly Updates

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Pelojian

Sure we can help the game and many of us do. The problem is SOE is alot like a shop that's off a side-street of the main road that is too focused on keeping their profits to want to spend some money on advertising.

You know the old saying "you need to spend money to make money" now the saying for SOE is "open a store and they will come".
    • Up x 1
  2. AdmiralArcher

i think he needs to be flagged for trolling about upgrading :D

never the less, its nice to hear that SOE is getting their act together a bit more, its always good to hear that companies are trying to better themselves
  3. kewli0z

Public Test Server:

I want to be able to PTS this but they say the population isn't high enough? Maybe you can do a PTS server alert thingy LIVE to get the numbers needed for giant battles? Maybe have it so that you can see it while in-game?
  4. QFAN

Dear Ryan,

Please prioritize fixes for game crashes. When the game crashes, none of the features, arts, mechanics matter.

In addition to that, now when the game crashes it often goes in a "silent" way: no prompt, no message, no webpage opens automatically. This makes me worried that SOE is not getting the automatic report for CTD's. If you ARE really getting automatic report, may you please show a "crash report sent to SOE" message to the player? At least it tells me someone will take care of it, rather than leaving me thinking my game crashed for nothing, and it won't be fixed ever?

Thanks,

Q
  5. Edfishy

I loved joining the test server when Higby would announce it a day in advance, 5 hours in advance, 30 min in advance, etc. Get Higby, Clegger, or someone else to play with us and make sure it's on the same day every week and I think you'll get more people to regularly test the server.

Getting some extra certs for our live accounts would be nice too... just flag everyone who plays up until Higby says, "OK, Test over!" as getting a booster for their characters.
  6. ACDC

I'am glad to see SOE and the producer of PS2 (Rax), have decided to take a different and more player friendly approach to the game itself. Thank You!

When I first spotted this little gem among all the other MMoGs. I said to myself (Self, this looks like a winner, the Devs play it so they must care about it). I new who was talking because I recognised my voice. SO! I spent the time it takes to watch a movie DLing it. Then I jumped in feet first and got my @ss handed to me more times then i care to mention. Thats ok becasue if you Own at the game right away, it is not much of a game (Or you have a better Rig then everyone else) =).

4 months later, I'm stll here, and hungry for more. Now, I for one must say to all the folks that play this game includeing all you Elite Fkrs, that it takes time, energy, and money to nurture a game of this magnitude. Us, as players have the power to make it or break it. What you all need to decide is whether or not you care enough to actually help (Develop) the game into something very special for all of us. All they want from us is what we already do in game. Report BUGS ( I hate bugs nasty things). Report (Hackers) goes without saying. Help (Fix whats broken) by reporting it to them. Dont go off on a flame against the company (I have scene this alot on forums) about how your flash flipped over and broke your head because you lagged a bit.

They have a strong and very skilled player base in PS2. The other night i watched a scrim on Com Clash that had me at the edge of my chair the entire time it was on. 2 elite teams faced off to a stale mate, and then Sudden Death. When a game can give me that much excitement I think its worth my time to be involved.

Just my 2 bits. So get on the ready line, its time to Die =D.
    • Up x 1
  7. iller

This isn't really the best time for this argument.... but Testers are NOT recreational players. They are doing real labor for the company and thus deserve compensation because that time testing is time not-spent progressing their Live characters. Testing is not it's own reward. Sorry. If you think it is, then you've been doing it all wrong (either not contributing enough hours when you do, or not finding and documenting all of the problems as diligently as a real tester would). For example, when I 'test' patches for companies, I put a minimum of 6 hours into it every day until it's stable, usually repeating the same tedious mind-numbing actions or specialty several days in a row. A test server is not just a fancy shiny Preview toy-store. It's an extremely buggy nether-scape that doesn't even load some days and all your hard work on it can and often is erased or reset without warning or even a thank-you.
    • Up x 2
  8. DJPenguin

9. ACDC

I myself have tested, and i know where your comeing from. (Testers need purks.) But when I go onto the test server I see maybe 10 people. Most of them are goof balls that really dont take the time to weed out the really important stuff, they are more worried with the asthetics of the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. Eyeklops

I think this is a pretty huge issue ATM for Nvidia users. I knew about not updating, but one day it FORCED me to update the Nvidia Experience. There was no stop or cancel button to be found, it wasn't letting me out of it. Fortunately I was smart enough to hit up the options and stop the actual driver from being up dated, but now Shadowplay doesn't work. Please consider pulling coders from other projects to fix this. It's an "all eyes on" kinda deal.
  11. Phyr

Am I the only one getting a deja vu feeling from this?
    • Up x 1
  12. doombro

I've been rolling through the PTS, bug reporting everything that looks off while relying on my Auraxium level upgraded™ membership to give me more turbo flashes. I hope we get UPGRADE NOW camos! :p
  13. ZeroErrorz

thx for listening to us :), more of this would be appreciated
  14. BeyondNInja

Agreed. My performance hit a perfect sweet spot straight after PU01 (ie 40-50FPS in all situations on low settings) and now it regularly gets down below 15 FPS in even medium-sized fights (now on absolute minimum settings). This is unplayable, especially since hit detection is broken at low FPS.
  15. Kainz

I'm more than happy to support you (really I am), but I'm refusing to renew my subscription and/or buy more SC until the game is in a playable state. I don't mind some bugs here and there, but when the game is practically broken we have a huge problem.

What I mean by broken? Constant crashes, servers can't handle more than ~200 players per continent before ping rises up to unplayable levels (we're talking about 350+ ms), hit detection is completely off (most likely a result of servers falling apart), really weird and inconsistent mouse behaviour. These are the real main issues that need to be resolved, they're making the game practically unplayable.

Especially bad is the issue with ping (I'm playing mainly on Cobalt EU). If you get an alert like Feeling the Heat and the time of day is even remotely close to being "prime time", you better just log off. The server simply cannot handle the traffic at that point. Normal ping of ~60ms rises immediately all the way up to 350-1200ms range, yet tracert gives me ping of ~45ms to Cobalt. And it's not only me, everyone on the server is suffering from this same issue. And yes, it's your server, nothing in between me and your server (as confirmed by tracert). According to network monitoring software(s), there is practically no packetloss, ping is ~45ms, and yet in-game everyone is having 350+ ms ping, horrible hit-detection and de-syncing issues. So it's definitely a problem at your end.

Fix these issues, and I'm more than happy to renew my subscription and support you with developing more content for the game. But I won't support you in fixing your own mess.
  16. ACDC

Fps doesnt matter, just rush out there in a a giant lag storm, and DIE!
  17. DeadliestMoon

Well this would hold more merit if the players weren't the ones who asked for the test server. Which means they wanted to help out without fully knowing whether or not they'd be compensated. But what you were talking about is something different, I'm sure those "companies" of yours told you that you were going to be paid or approached you or put up fliers/ads saying they wanted testers. Were as here the players asked for it, then asked to be compensated like it was a God given right.
  18. Rizen

A better plan to get people involved in testing would be to give them something for their time. How about boosts, SC, weapons, camo, or titles? I don't work for free. I certainly don't test for free either. If you want me to find your bugs for you, or verify you fixed them, I want something in return for my service.
    • Up x 3
  19. Exonis

It's probably because the PTS is so obscure and difficult to find, should put it right out there on the forums, and a link to download PTS from the live launchpad.

It'd be okay for rewarding testers if they're bug reporting things to get their rewards.
    Not a fan of [log-on-PTS-4-free-prize]. I visit it sometimes to check things out. Players who are just "casuals" (Don't report bugs) shouldn't be rewarded just for ****ing around.

I also think there should be some sort of "Refill Resources" button that gives you 750/750/750.
    If I'm gonna test a bug I should at least be able to test consistently without having to wait for more resources.
    • Up x 3
  20. Bortasz

I will start playing on PTS IF you start supporting players that play on PTS. Now I come back from work and go play on normal, have fun, unlock new equipment. Ore go to PTS to... just walk around. Start supporting players that put time on PTS. Even in my firm we pay for testers of the game. You don't have to pay. But some token of appreciation for all players that help you will be nice.
    • Up x 1