problem with version of client

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by myNAMEisYK, Sep 24, 2015.

1. myNAMEisYK

I keep getting this message when trying to run the game

Unable to launch C:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/PlanetSide 2/PlanetSide2_x64.exe - 216: This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows youre running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I am running 32 bit windows and I haven't seen any option about 32 or 64 bit... any suggestions?
  2. user101

Yup -- need a 64 bit windows 7 operating system.. no other option.
  3. myNAMEisYK

there isn't another version of the client? why would planetside 2 only be available to 64 bit, that makes no sense. I ran it months ago with 32 bit.
  4. user101

No more 32 bits for PS2... game has just gotten to big for 32 bits. They killed the 32 bit version because they only had a few people playing it and need to expand some of there options in the game.
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

Almost nobody uses 32 bit OS nowadays because it supports only up to 4 gb ram which isn't enough to play this game without hitching and developing a second client would be a waste of time.
  6. myNAMEisYK

is the only way to play it then to install 64 bit windows? that sucks