Priorities DBG...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Ianneman

So you're working on turrets, bounties, ANTs, all good, all great. But here's a question for you DBG: Who is going to use them?

Have you even taken a LOOK at Koltyr? Almost nobody on there is going to end up playing the ******* game because they're being farmed into oblivion by 1,000+ directive *******. Why in the name of a THOUSAND ***** would you not address this issue FIRST? Why the **** would you focus on new content, when the existing framework of the game won't make the game itself last long enough for that content to be profitable? There won't be enough people around to use it at this rate.

DBG, as someone who loves this game and wants to see it last as long as possible, I have to tell you, you need to sort out your priorities. Implants are unsustainable and 90% of low BRs can't even use them, nevermind have a tier 4 or tier 3 up 24/7 like higher BRs do. Great idea, let's give them even more of a disadvantage. Koltyr is a FARM, nothing else. ******* BAN the 800+ directive points ****ers who go there, they have no business being there and they are HURTING YOUR BUSINESS and HURTING OUR GAME BY DRIVING AWAY NEW PLAYERS. No mercy for these ******* bastards, they know what they are doing and they should pay the price for being such ***** not only to the new players, but to the entire PS2 community for only killing it faster.

Seriously DBG, what are you doing?
    • Up x 2
  2. CorporationUSA

3. Lemposs

Still beats the instant action, getting thrown down somewhere with no idea whatsoever on what to do, who to shoot and how not to be shot.
    • Up x 1
  4. tijolo

It seems they are trying to improve the content for veterans and also new ways to still keep money coming in from players that have everything unlocked. They failed the last time with implants and frustrated a lot of us but this might just boost the income a little bit.

By the way, if you were a dev and read a post like this would you go 'oh snap he is right we are such dumbasses! Let us drop everything and work on what he is saying'? And I dont mean the ******* cuss words, no, **** that. Best case scenario this thread wont be locked by radarX with the usual 'OK, lets close this one up'.
  5. Ianneman

I'm not a great motivator :) I'm just trying to show the devs how they're hurting their own business like this, they can do whatever they want after reading it, if they even read it. I mean, it's THEIR business, so yeah.
  6. customer548

What's the problem with Koltyr ?
    They just made a " LOOK, HIGHEST CONCENTRATION OF TOTAL NOOBS - EASY KILLS FOR FREE HERE !!!! " map.
    My bet is that Koltyr has been created as a initiation rite like the ancient civilizations did. Only the strongest minded customers will keep on playing the game.

You think that Koltyr is out of control ?
    It's not. ALL of this has been planned. They just want to sort out customers in order to keep the ones who have the strongest survival skills. In order to guarantee a gameplay of the highest quality for the older players.
    They don't want any money...They want the best of the best customers.

:D
  7. Armcross

I'll use turrets and ANT's. you know this is not exclusively COD/BF type of gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  8. Stormsinger

To be fair, this is a F2P game - If the 1k+ directive point people want to go there, they probably will. If they can't enter due to directive points, ok, create a new account and go there, and effectively nothing has been blocked. At least this way, they can get a fairly accurate measure of how many new players are actually coming in, and how many veterans are creating characters just to farm newbies. After a few months, I predict that they will probably block veterans from coming in one way or another. Really, I think that once a certain performance point has been reached (Reaching a high KDR, performing point captures, doing AV work, etc) it should auto-punt the player out, and auto-set them to BR15 with a message along the lines of, "Woah, soldier! You really took that training to heart - Let the rookies fight it out, we're putting you in the real fight"
    • Up x 1
  9. breeje

Now that's the way the devs should deal with those high BR, I totally agree with your idee
    All those things we can accomplish if the forum members put there good idees on the forum
    Now all we need is a dev reading this
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Omgwtfbbq.
    • Up x 1
  11. HappyStuffin

Well, I for one love the idea of ANTS, turrets..etc and all the new content they are working on.

However, I do agree that DBG has their priorities backwards a lot of times. I have seen many instances where they have gone forward with some agenda that most of the community never wanted while ignoring many items which the community did ask to be balanced, implemented, or otherwise.

For example, they just added Bounties. I realize some have asked for it, but it honestly seems like a crash grab to me which took time and resource power to implement. This is coding time that could have been used for many other issues which the community has wanted instead...

I believe a better way to make money is to solve balancing issues which will in turn lead to continual membership renewals rather than the occasional bounty money injection from a player on tilt.
  12. Akashar

Well I played koltyr with my pals, guys who had never played planetside 2, and we had much much fun. I'm already BR 13 after 2 hours of play but it was a good time. I tried to give pieces of advice to people I killed who were in noobish position, but honestly, I did not play for the kdr, and ended with something about 2 or 2.2, which is not really excellent nor exploiting. I understand that you are upset of people coming on Koltyr to farm, but you can't really stop it. Just create a character and try to help newbies in every way you can! There was a good ambiance too, I liked it, no rage, no hate tells. 10/10 would go again.
  13. RainbowDash9

i go on koltyr to help the new players out. sure i have like an 11 kdr, but im teaching them how to play the game, and giving advice on how to counter skrubs like me. there HAS to be those mlg skrubs to teach them, otherwise theyll learn nothing, and when they get into the real fight, theyll quit almost immediately. now granted there are some people who are just there to farm, but still, its a good way to learn that you wont always win a fight. and idk about you, but id rather have 2 or 3 mlg people than 50 million of them in a platoon together coordinating..
  14. TheDarSin

-My NC character has more implant energy that he can use. Also my NC character is completely F2P.
    -The amount of people farming new players on Koltyr is statistically insignificant and also dumb since if you're a vet you gotta make a new character with a brand new directive score and completely negating any progress you'd make there. If you want to argue that Koltyr is plagued by smurfs, lets see the data.
    - I would "use them". I'm sure I'll be the target of a few bounties and I'm sure there's going to be plenty of people delving into the automation systems. Hell, it might even open up more avenues for expanding the current classes eg. hacking, something with vehicles etc. I'd rather see new content since the current content works quite well. The game isn't as bad you want it to be so please calm your ****.
  15. CorporationUSA

While it's true that anyone who wants to grief new players can do it all day long using new accounts, the people who actually want to do that aren't going to be nearly as common as those who make an alt just for the sake of having an alt, and then stay on koltyr for the first 15 levels for the fast leveling.
  16. FateJH

In regards to the battle rank problem, what if users could create a character that is anchored to Koltyr as a part of the battle rank progression of any character at that account. They get one character above such-and-such rank and they get a "Koltyr" character. That anchored-character would have no stats as far as the API is concerned, and start at BR15 with the maximum number of certs one would have at that level. That character can't leave the continent, and can not be augmented with DBC or codes, though it does start with full rank in all Leadership certifications, all support Tools, and either the Sunderer's Stealth certifcation or the Sunderer's Deployment Shield certification.

Basically, while I may have missed details, this account will have been prefabricated to be the account of a player serving as a supporting mentor.