PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AgentRed, Aug 2, 2014.

1. AgentRed

I would just wondering about this weapon I was getting not a clear answer from the supper team about this weapon is it suppose to go through enemy gate shields for like outpost and outer gates of amp stations. If so wow I need to looking into send some certs on this weapon. I also kind of feel sorry since no other faction can go through the shields oh well more certs from this gun :D
  2. TheBand1t

As far as I'm aware the shields don't stop 'light' ordinance

So that includes the PPA, infantry small arms, Kobalts, Canisters, maybe the Marauder

Oh and Skyguards
  3. DatVanuMan

If this were actually the case (Which it isn't, sorry, man:(), I would've bought the PPA instantly and ***** the certs out of it.
  4. Lifodd

only ppa and the skyguard (which can damage tanks) can shoot through shields for some reason
  5. lawn gnome

PPA shouldn't be going through any form of shield, i know my lasher doesn't.
    the only advantage the skyguard has against ground vehicles. i will admit that i abuse the crap out of this any chance i get in my skyguard, to the point that i will physically ram most vehicles to keep them from coming through the shield to return fire.
  6. Stormsinger

The PPA has been able to do this since it's release, to my knowledge. It goes through vehicular shielding (If you can drop a vehicle shield with a generator splosion, the PPA can go through that shield type)

It's been mentioned quite a few times on the forums, it can't not have been seen, so the issue is known. Chances are, it's intended... but this can change easily depending on the tide of Forumside. If there's anything i'd change about the PPA to prevent further nerfs, it would be this - players never seem to realize that they are still vulnerable to the PPA after crossing vehicle shields, so the amount of QQ generated when it nukes 'em is disproportionate to what it otherwise would have been.
  7. Stormsinger

So can the flash-mounted shotty - it's great fun when paired with a wraith cloak. :p
  8. DatVanuMan

I never knew the PPA could do that... Thanks, man:) I just learned something new about the Proton. I just wish it wasn't nerfed. Sure, the magazine won't be too small, but instead of nerfing it, just make the other two much better. The Canister is freaking awesome right now, and the Marauder needs a bit more than a velocity buff.