1. AdmiralArcher

soooo.....it might not surprise anyone...but i have been getting killed alot with the PPA recently...and it has sorta brought my attention to the weapon.......

first off

I DONT WANT THE PPA TO GET NERFED

what i do want is for the TR and NC to have weapons that are as capable and efficient at killing infantry as it is

currently the PPA is available on the

Harrasser, scythe, and swagrider

pros
    no bullet drop
    decent fire rate
    large mag
    fairly large AOE damage
    decent range

cons
    loud

ummmmmm

yeeaahh...........i think the TR and NC need buffs to the marauder and C85 canister

i mean how in gods name did the PPA not get nerfed as hard as the marauder??
    • Up x 14
  2. JackD

Well there is still the Kobalt :D
  3. PKfire

Genuinely surprised this wasn't a nerf thread. Kudos!

Also I agree, the other ESAI secondaries need love.
    • Up x 3
  4. Champagon

Eh? Of course this is a nerf thread

"X is ok, but please buff Y and Z"

This nerfs the X
    • Up x 2
  5. Sagabyte

PPA
    Proton II PPA
    II PPAs at involved, so therefore 2 "A" exist
    PAPA
    Vanu weapon, so therefore it is vanu tech
    PAPA VANU

You can't Nerf the PPA because it is secretly Papa vanu!
    • Up x 4
  6. PKfire

Half-Life 3 confirmed?
    • Up x 6
  7. Sagabyte

Well...
    Proton II PPA
    There are 2 PPAs involved, so...
    PPA PPA
    6 letters, so divide by 3
    2 letters left
    3 letters in the original word
    Half Life 2, Episode 3 confirmed.
    • Up x 9
  8. Ronin Oni

Just for the record, Banshee >>> PPA on ESF's

AH needs to be effective at killing infantry, not aircraft/vehicles (though it and Banshee having marginal self ESF defense, and the PPA being able to contribute better on Libs, but utterly helpless to ESF's is fair).

I agree with you on Marauder and Canister. Both need buffing to make them worth taking over AV which can also kill infantry, in many cases easier with 1-2 shot kills.

AMMO. The #1 reason the PPA gets the kills it does is it just spams and spams those rounds. These are AI only weapons. They should all be high capacity magazines and reloads.

That's probably all the Marauder needs. It's faster speed and arch will be better in close, while the PPA's no drop but slower speed is better for longer range bombardment.

Canister needs explosive splash damage, along with the same capacity increase, and then it'd be good to go.

easy peasy
    • Up x 6
  9. Champagon

Hossin released, suddenly PPA is OP.

I see NO correlation
  10. kungflu

Before soe listens to you and makes bad decisions, i just want to remind you that every faction specialized in something, and that you can never find balance between them because again, they are "SPECIAL"

If you look at it, PPAs grinds infantries.
    TR has Vulcans that kills the s--t out of Armors in a split second.
    The NC, idk. Never bothered to play them
    • Up x 1
  11. Sagabyte

Canister doesn't need more damage. It already deals plenty to 1-2 shot. The problem is that the damage RANGEs are terrible. It reaches it's min Damage at 32m. 32. Seriously.

I have a few ideas on it on my thread somewhere in General Gameplay, so try going there for enlightenment
  12. PKfire

Forgive me, but this is coming from the guy who would like to remove low-quality settings.
    • Up x 3
  13. Irexistus

Have you played the game recently? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 9
  14. Sagabyte

Well he's kinda right, but in order for that to happen you have to sit just behind an enemy magrider and drill away at him. It does deal a lot of damage, but only at close range.
  15. Munq

Hardly a con. Do you have any idea how obnoxious that gun is when you have 20 spandex warriors spamming that?

Also PPA has 0 splash. Marauder and Canister have 0 splash too. Here are the REAL differences for people who are too lazy to try them all in VR:

PPA has 70 rounds in fully upgraded magazine and it fires straigth. It takes 5 direct hits to kill infantry.
    Marauder has 14 rounds in fully upgraded magazine and it fires in arc. It takes 3 direct hits to kill infantry.
    Canister has 12 rounds in fully upgraded magazine and it fires straigth. It takes 1-3 direct hits to kill infantry. 1 If you hit ALL the pellets. Doesn't occur that often at range.

So fully upgraded PPA magazine has capability of killing 14 people.
    Fully upgraded Marauder magazine has capability of killing 4 people.
    Fully upgraded Canister magazine has POTENTIAL capability of killing 12 people, ASSUMING you are shooting infantry at shorter range than 25 meters and hitting ALL the pellets. 2 shots needed to kill is more accurate and Canister has more realistic capability of killing 6 people with single fully upgraded magazine.

The difference is obvious. PPA is the ultimate infantry suppression weapon. It has vastly larger clip size and is easier to hit with because the projectiles travel straigth.

Marauder needs to either get large splash damage radius OR its clip size upgraded to atleast PPA levels. Doing both would just outright break the game.

Canister needs to have either its spread tightened or clipsize increased. If we wanted it to be supression weapon, it should be the clipsize.

NONE of the weapons have splash. Not even Marauder that is supposed to be firing EXPLOSIVE GRENADES. People need to try these weapons and face the reality: PPA is superior.

People keep comparing secondary weapons to the other tank capabilities, which is fine. Well guess what. I play both VS and TR. My VS character is BR60 and TR is BR45. I have experience with both factions and I can tell you that Magrider is just as good as Prowler when it comes to killing infantry (default gun is the best overall for both factions). Lockdown HE Prowler no longer exists the same way it did. And believe it or not, the Magrider strafe really does gives the vehicle the capability and freedom that no other tank can enjoy in this game. The downside of this is that Magrider gets worse the more tanks there are around, simply because you don't have all that much room to maneuver in. Prowler stays the same or gets slightly better when you use them in large numbers. They are much easier to take out by infantry though.

Only faction I don't have all that much experience playing with is NC, but I can tell the Canister is CRAP.
  16. EliteEskimo

Have fun sitting point blank behind that enemy Magrider while the clip empties without him using Magburner. I'm sure he'll be happy enough to oblige by sitting still and not firing at you while you try to get that close and flank him. P.S be sure to send memo's to all the Magrider's allies on the battlefield so they know to let you approach and then kill their fellow Magrider buddy before letting you drive off to safety. Let me know how that goes.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  17. Munq

Nobody is trying to do a correlation here. Nobody expect you. PPA was better before the patch and it still is better after the patch. No changes have been made.
  18. Munq

Simply not true. Just another uneducated post. Vulcan was nerfed, nobody bothers using it. It's really bad now. But so is Saron. NC AV gun is actually "ok" but still Halberd is miles better.
  19. PKfire

It sounds like you have on my been using these weapons in VR where splash is broken and non-existent. All the weapons you were talking about have splash damage.
    • Up x 4
  20. Sagabyte

Yeah that's the main problem with a Vulcan. Unless you can get close enough to drill him down, he does a 180 **** or has his buddies slaughter you.

It's a fun gun though.

With the canister and marauder in mind, I have some of my own suggestions for them.

Canister: damage ranges increased, firing angles increased, vanguard canister spread slightly decreased, reticle changed, heavy armor damage added, and magazine size increased to 18.

Marauder: 3 round burst mode with minimal splash damage but high impact damage and a burst RPM of 351.