PPA on Harassers Massively Overpowered in Hossin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by come1l, Jun 26, 2014.

1. come1l

VS harassers with PPA cannon simply destroy other factions. A tank shell, an rpg, or a lock-on missile doesn't even pose a threat due to their speed and all those trees in Hossin. They just run around and kill everyone till they step on tank mines.

A perfect example of an overpowered PPA harasser in Hossin: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428082720373025697/killboard

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    His ridiculous kill streak with PPA goes on and on. We need a nerf on PPA-H to stop this non sense.
  2. WorldOfForms

I don't remember seeing posts about the PPA-H before this. Was it "overpowered" before Hossin?

I ask because it's not practical to balance a weapon based on a single continent.
  3. Ronin Oni

throw down land mines

????

Laugh and profit

Seriously, they can't see them, so they can't dodge them. They will die.
  4. GaBeRock

I can't pay attention to the PPA screencaps with all that duster blinding me.
    • Up x 3
  5. come1l

It is perfectly practical to twitch a weapon based on one continent. SOE just needs to change its characteristics to make it not overpowered in Hossin but also useful in other continents.
  6. Alexanor

I love how it just-so-happens to be on sale today, too. haha
    • Up x 4
  7. come1l

Well there are many experienced drivers out there who know how to avoid mines.
  8. come1l

Didn't know about that. However, usually, if an op weapon is on sale, it won't be far from its nerf patch.
  9. Plunutsud pls

This is not a PSA and the PPA is simply a good AI weapon that gets the job done.
  10. Stormsinger

It's one of the last remaining weapons that actually works, of course it's going to be whined about. Now that the liberator isn't providing a black hole of hatred for the forums to focus on, that is. I predict feet will be next, infantry being able to move is OP.
    • Up x 4
  11. come1l

If you make marauder as powerful as PPA, I will probably agree with you. But now, your precious PPA is getting way too much job done.
  12. NCDaniel

Remove Vanu, problem solved.
    • Up x 8
  13. come1l

Maybe getting massive kill streak is fun for you, but for us it's boring to just spawn and die, while we can do nothing about it. If your PPA non sense keeps going on in Hossin, I am sure a majority of players will not even bother to visit Hossin.
  14. Vikarius

Agreed in way. No real viable faction trait, and majority of weapons are complete downgrades to NC counterparts.

On topic:

You cannot nerf something because it is performing well on a specific cont.

I am on the fence whether or not the OP is trolling, but if not I would be ashamed to make such a thread.
    The cont just came out, did it ever occur to you that just maybe the players getting farmed by the harasser could possibly ...i don't know, be clumped up and acting abnormally because they are in fact, in a setting that is new to them?

wow... imagine that
    • Up x 3
  15. Ronin Oni

Fury is just as good in this situation TBQFH..... BETTER even IMO

Only thing PPA is better at is parking at long range and sustained bombardment... which Hossin is terrible for.
  16. Revanmug

I wish NC had a useable AI secondary.
    • Up x 5
  17. NCDaniel

Fracture maxes! I laughed.
  18. WorldOfForms

So propose a way of changing the PPA that it is still a viable weapon overall, and yet is not overpowered on Hossin specifically. I'm not sure how that is possible, but you say it is, so, go for it.
  19. Plunutsud pls

20. come1l

When you are parking your PPA at long range and enjoying your kill streak with your thermal optic, we don't even have an idea on your location because of the thick fog in Hossin.