[Suggestion] PPA needs to aim lower

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by theholeyone, Jul 10, 2013.

1. theholeyone

This is ridiculous at the moment. I like trying out ES stuff just for ***** and giggles, but the PPA weapon for the harasser is just badly implemented; I'm assuming the corresponding mag secondary has the same problem.

I mean who thought an AI secondary shouldn't be able to aim at the ground? It's kind of where the I in AI are commonly found.

Balance wise its not that bad if you can actually aim at the enemy, not the quick TTK or the fury or marauder but it can be used to good effect regardless; well when the enemy is standing on some stilts or something so you actually hit them of course; or when you've backed up a staircase to give a firing arc that can hit the ground in front but god help you if they come from a different angle.

Higby, pls fix.
    Forum dwellers, pls tweet/reddit to places that SOE guys actually read as I don't have those things.
    • Up x 2
  2. ExarRazor

higby wont have anything to do with making anything VS-related viable
  3. Eclipson

Your kidding right?
  4. theholeyone

Should I have reworded that to say 'Luperza, start cracking some skulls and get this done pls' then?
  5. CrashB111

[IMG]
  6. theholeyone

Now on Test, a PPA with more depression :eek:

On flat ground you can aim down to a point about 1 harasser length in front, meaning you can now shoot at where the infantry is, rejoice!
    • Up x 1
  7. Goden

The PPA is a lot like that shotgun that the NC get for their tank.

SOE has no idea what do do with either of them and fails to realize how flawed they are.
  8. theholeyone

Did you even read the thread or just notice PPA in the title and feel the need to voice your opinion?

To summarise, the main flaw with the PPA was depression, on PTS this is now fixed.
  9. ExarRazor

this is what the the PPA needs to be. no if ands or buts about it.

and I apologize in advance for the crappy music

10. Phyr

They need to make the PPA not suck while they're at it.
  11. theholeyone

PPA is AI, not AV.

It's not that bad, but compared to the marauder it is lacking. I plan on trying both out a bit in combat, but here's a breif overview anyway.

DPS
    C85 Modified 3600
    Marauder 2667
    PPA 1438

Damage / shots per clip (with max upgrades)
    PPA 40k / 70
    Marauder 12k / 15
    C85 Modified 7.2k / 6

Use/accuracy/splash discussion. The marauder is the least direct fire option, but has the largest inner splash radius, double that of the PPA for an area 4x as big. The C85 has no splash. None deal significant damage to armor. Though the PPA and C85 has lower accuracy than the marauder, in reality the marauder is more difficult to aim due to projectile drop, and its range is limited to the same; however, it is still very easy to get even direct hits and longer ranges with it after a bit of practice.
    The PPA is a continuous fire option, and should suffer some DPS reduction because of that, 2HKs are possible with this, or 4 hit max splash.
    The C85 is a direct fire, burst damage weapon, thus has the highest DPS but a very small magazine size, also having enough shot damage to OHK.
    The Marauder is both direct and indirect fire, but an extended burst option. It will 2HK for one direct hit and one splash, or 3HK for splash alone.

So yeh imo the PPA suffers too much DPS for its continuous fire ability when compared to the others.
  12. 660/12

The PPA is good for spawn camping and the (rare) big, open-field fight. It's a good suppression weapon, in other words. Not great for killing individual targets.
  13. ExarRazor

that video shows the planetside 1 PPA, which WAS primarily for anti infantry use.

every weapon in the game could damage any vehicle in the game in ps1, even a shotgun loaded with standard ammo.

it didn't do much damage, but it could do it.

the ppa in that video was decent for AV use simply because it threw out so much fire, and the thresher itself was incredibly maneuverable.

they'd need tot tweak the ai/av damage ratios, sure, but that video is what the PPA NEEDS. TO. BE.

no 'ifs', 'ands', or 'buts'
  14. theholeyone

Disagree, it has high projectile velocity (same as saron iirc) and will 2HK for direct hits, big clip and low recoil so you can just keep putting shots into them. It's also good for suppression of course.

But, PS2 has more defined roles for weapons, sorry but a vid showing an AI weapon killing vehicles shows nothing of what the PPA needs to be, except perhaps the fire rate.