PPA is UnderPowered and UnderPerforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vanu123, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mxiter

If only anchor wouldt be less effective with the main gun, but could be also applied on the secondary weapons, (like magburn help the mag gunner to get better view, like the shrild helps the vanny gunner fire longer ect...)
    =>more incentives to get gunners in prowlers+less effective primary HE/HEAT 1/2 prowlers=>less infantry farming.

it think that everybody would be happy.
    • Up x 3
  2. Schizomatic

What is this thing where my crosshairs suddenly spread out after the third shot? I don't understand this mechanic. It's obviously a bug that needs to be fixed. I've never had to...what's this new word? Let me look it up in the FPS shooter basic dictionary I just have handily on hand.

"Burst control"

That's what it's called. What madman comes up with such a foul thing? How can I be expected to kill anyone if I have to stop shooting? It's illogical! It's stupid! I've never had to stop firing before.

I don't know what to do with myself. My entire existence was built around constantly shooting blue balls of death in the general area of enemies and collecting my certs.

I...I'm not sure my fragile ego can take this.

Happy place. Go to my happy place.

Xi
    Ni
    Ro
    So
    PPA
    PPA
    So
    PPA
    PPA
    Frglbal
    Mrglal
    Fbwab
    OP
    Nerfplz
    Ahahah...
    Ahahahahahah.
    Ahhahahahahah!
    The word is Vanu, and Vanu is the word, for all is Eternal and Unchanging and last Forever and Forever and Forever.
    Change!
    I don't like Change!
    Change change change
    Oh Vanu, don't make me Change!
    Change change change
    My happy place! You're touching my happy place!
    Ch-ch-changeeeeeeeee...........
    • Up x 2
  3. uhlan

Understood, but it's their main gun, not their secondary.
  4. Villanuk

You said, The lasher and vortex are only useful and effective when used in groups, so was the striker even when it was OP. You couldn't take anyone down on your own unless they were stupid. So whats the difference?
  5. Villanuk

You know the Mag has a boost to get out of trouble and is easily the most maneuverable tank? Are you saying the Prowler has no bullet drop?
  6. iller

Completely disagree with you there, and it's related to the PPA because of range+accuracy. Yeah Cyclone is a beast CQC, but Eridani doubles as a scout rifle basically. For everything else... Orion HA's just plain old have the best CQC sustain & survival right now and require far less coordination. That in turn makes the whole redeploy pattern that much faster and zergier.

TL;DR: The point was maintaining longer range spam. ... not burst.
  7. Xasapis

He's probably trying to say that the Prowler's main cannon, while anchored, has the least amount of drop compared to the opposition. But at this point people on this thread don't try to have a conversation, only to push the point that their empire has it worse than the others.
  8. Xasapis

• Is the main gun and secondary carried by a different vehicle?
    • Do you think that the secondary of the Prowler will get any better, if the main gun outperforms the combined two guns of the other two empires?
    • Are TR fine with decreasing the effectiveness of the main gun, so their secondaries get some much needed love?
  9. Neo3602

I would rather they scrap Lockdown and replace it with something else that would complement the prowler's stats.
  10. Nody

How about this? Activatable ability; can't be turned off. Increase Prowler speed by 15% (inc. turning speed), make it glow bright red (due to the overheating going on) all over and look sparkly, increase damage by 10% with in 25m and increase damage taken by Prowler by 40% from all sources (decrease to 25% through upgrade). 15s duration, 30s cooldown.

Goes with the speed motive and moar damage style of TR...
    • Up x 2
  11. Flag

I have no faith in the TR on that one.
  12. Xasapis

I see what you did there.
    • Up x 1
  13. Alarox

It is impossible for me to do that with a Canister regardless of how I try to stage it.

The point isn't that the PPA can easy-mode farm at long range. The point is that you can still get your shots on target at range, but you need to burst fire and take your time rather than turn off your brain and hold down the trigger.
    • Up x 2
  14. Xasapis

Looking at the early data, I would say that SOE will need to rebuff the PPA. Less of a week of data, but it seems that the performance is half of the Marauder on the Harasser and half of the Canister on the MBT. Marauder being top performer now on Harassers and Canister top performer on MBTs.
  15. Haquim

.... Dude, I would be willing to drop my reload buff by 50% if my secondary benefits. The only problem is that the damned Vulcan would need a special buff that removes its CoF completely to be of any use - although I hear that real chainguns don't have a CoF anyway, so it would propably make sense. If the change doesn't make Vulcan usable with it I'm not interested.

I can't look it up right now, but are those the real numbers for ZOE? Sounds a lot worse than what I remember....

Anyway, that's not how it works. MAXes are ultra-heavy infantery, they are supposed to fight indoors where both the number of enemies encountered at a time and the engagement range is limited. Also, unlike our tanks, they can strafe.
    And if you want to propose a bad ability for a unit that gets nothing from it:
    Take lockdown for the magrider. Lockdown NOT anchormode. Your MAX ability for my tank, mine for yours.

And how the **** did the anchormode get into a discussion about the PPA??? If you Vanu despise your own tank ability so much, I'll trade ya. Both tanks can't even remotely use it to its fullest like the original tank it was on, but I'll have a blast with my afterburner while you're stuck in place.
  16. Haquim

That's not a big surprise, but I'm not convinced it needs a buff. I've met quite a few PPAs over the weekend, but I can remember only a single one that came closer than 40m. Bastard almost killed me three times before he got blown up too.
    I'm not saying that it is the whole of VS, but most seem to either use something else now or still try to use it as the "I'm going to farm you safely from that hill over there" - tool it was.
    Let's talk about buffs when they use it in the range the other ESAI secondaries need to be used in. You wouldn't judge the performance of a sniper rifle by how good it fares in CQC, would you?
    • Up x 1
  17. Keldrath

PPA is finally fine.
  18. Xasapis

Lockdown mode graphics indication for Magrider ... an anchor ... or two of them, on each side.
  19. Xasapis

The amount of users dropped to half it was, but it's still double or triple (depending on vehicle) the amount of users of the other empires. There are still a lot of PPA users out there.

If the gun was performing 20% lower, I'd say it is a learn to use situation. 50% though is more of an indication that we're facing another over-nerf.

Anything that is useless at killing me is obviously fine ... but it's not balanced.
  20. Goretzu

When a weapon is changed as significantly as the PPA, it needs at least a month.

If people are trying to use it as it was then yes its kills will plument, but that's because it doesn't work well like that, not because it doesn't work.

After a month, if it is still very low, then yes certainly. A couple of days? No.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.