[Suggestion] Power Knife

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mehanal, May 25, 2017.

1. Mehanal

I'm sorry, but something really needs to be changed with the powerknife. Unless I'm making sweet love to an enemy, half of the time I'm in kissing range and the knife doesn't want to register hits. I know that the powerknife model works differently than the regular slasher (shoots a small invis projectile so you have to aim perfectly), but could you guys bump up the walkspeed just a hair when wielding it so an enemy strafing backwards isn't impervious to your advances?

Otherwise, it works fine. What do you guys think?
  2. Liewec123

it is very unreliable, there are times when you'll be stabbing someone to death and nothing is happening.
  3. Eternaloptimist

I think OP is talking specifically about the Amaterasu as he/she mentions shooting a small invisible projectile.............I have no experience with that weapon, so no further comment. But you certainly need to be within, er, knifing range to kill with any knife and I remember the power knife hitbox issues
  4. LordKrelas

Amaterasu's projectile is visible.

Power Knives act like guns, with a invisible bullet.
  5. BadCoding

-increase movespeed when any knife is equipped to allow closing the gap to melee faster and to be able to catch up to adrenalin targets with adrenalin equipped instead of just achieving the same speed
    -add a range indicator, color-changing when in or out of range, because the graphical representation (as OP experienced) can't be trusted because it always lags behind the data handling
    -maybe get rid of the knife micromanagement of turning it on/off before/after using it just because it makes a lot of noise otherwise (with the degree of noise not even being db balanced...)
  6. FateJH

All but the recent projectile flinging knives should act that way if I'm not mistaken.
    The crosshair changing color is tied to the data that is already on your client and the data already on your client is what counts when the game does hit detection. I think the issue is that the color change isn't intended to indicate optimal knifing range.
  7. asd321

Its fine as is, biggest issue is getting used to the delay and that its not a slash (wielded knife shoots a projectile, yes). To reliably hit backpeddlers; run up beside your target and strike slightly behind it. Also works on targets running away from you.
  8. No0T

Yes this is an issue that has been put over and over to be fixed, though they aren't doing it for some vveird reason.

The correct solution is to increase the range of the knife 2 feet.
  9. LordKrelas

That doesn't fix the whole bullet thing or the registry.
    That just makes the range of a knife quite far.